What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
What's Your Most ****-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Ok -- I'll start.

I'll only put coins in my coin holder that are dated the same year as the vehicle was built!

Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this qualifies, but this past weekend I ventured up to N.J. for a Meguiars clinic. On the way back, I pulled off into one of those state owned (I think) rest stops to take a p, and fill up on coffee and gas. I only had about 3 gallons left. Got in the stupidly long line and realized that I would have to let one of the gas jockeys gas 'er up.

Ummm, no. No way in he11 am I letting some screwball who could care less about yet another ahole on the road that's interrupting his day, touch my truck. Hopped back on the 'pike, and made it into Maryland on fumes. Stupid? Maybe. Make it through the Garden State without scratches near my gas door or spilled fuel? Yep!

SL

Last edited by snappylips; 05-06-2005 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:44 AM
I can't go anywhere unless both floormats are completely straight...

Wow, now that I write that out, it sounds really stupid... oh well, I have very well-aligned floor mats.

Old 05-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Sunvisors! Don't even think of touching my sun visors! If the sun's in your eyes, close them! I'm driving, I'll deal with it on my side. Leave the visor right where it is!

Yup! Looks **** when written out, but, that's how I am!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Use the outside door handles to CLOSE the door when getting out of the truck. My girlfriend is always putting greasy fingerprints on the outside of my door cause she always forgets to close the door by the handle when she gets out. And when someone else drives my truck, they always put a big freakin' thumbprint right on top of my shift **** in the console. I HATE that!

Old 05-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Re: What's Your Most ****-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Originally posted by ddellwo
Ok -- I'll start.

I'll only put coins in my coin holder that are dated the same year as the vehicle was built!
ddellwo, that would definitely qualify as an ****-retentive automotive quirk.

I guess my quirk would be straightening the towel on my center armrest. I have a black kitchen towel folded in half covering my fold-down armrest. I just can't take the chance of anyone's oily, sweaty arm on my black leather (or black vinyl, whatever that material is).

Old 05-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Last August it was about 97 degrees outside and my AC was broken. I sat through rush hour traffic with all the windows up.

I figure it was about 145 degrees inside the cab but, I didn't want anyone around to know I didn't have AC.

I was hoping they would think I had recently left the swimming pool down at the Country Club.

Later, I found out I was actually driving towards the Country Club.

I wasn't for sure exactly where the Country Club was because they won't let me in there.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:11 AM
My F150 must always be cleaner, shine brighter, and have more depth than my neighbors. Last year was a success. I'm expecting this summer to be the same...

Old 05-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: What's Your Most ****-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Originally posted by valley818
ddellwo, that would definitely qualify as an ****-retentive automotive quirk.

I guess my quirk would be straightening the towel on my center armrest. I have a black kitchen towel folded in half covering my fold-down armrest. I just can't take the chance of anyone's oily, sweaty arm on my black leather (or black vinyl, whatever that material is).
OMG Valley thats funny, I have the same thing on my console only tan towel. I feel sooo much better now.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, as long as you don't tell anybody. On my last truck (a 2002 FX4), when I replaced the original "fake" Rancho shocks with real ones (yes, ones that actually move when you hit a bump), I couldn't just bolt them in. I masked them off, applied 5 coats of white paint and 2 coats of clear, then aligned the decals so they faced the rear. I'm so ashamed. Well, maybe just a little.

Old 05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't tough the climate control!

don't touch the radio.

If you want them adjusted, please ask. There may be a reason I have the climate set to defrost (like I need to see)

ALSO

I you slam on that imaginary brake one more time, I;m kicking your butt out of this truck.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Both of the passanger side air vents have to be closed and perfectly staight up and down. I'm ok when someone is with me but if I'm alone, I'll even pull of the road if I notice while I am driving and fix em. I'm so ashamed too...

Old 05-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I hate it after I detail my truck and my wife gets in and rolls down the windows. Then all the moisture inside the door streaks my windows!

She thinks I am crazy! So I have to lock the windows for a day or so.

-slippy

Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 PM
...keep a swiffer duster, in a zip-lock, in the glove compartment and dust the interior whenever I'm at a red light.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by J-150
don't tough the climate control!

don't touch the radio.

If you want them adjusted, please ask. There may be a reason I have the climate set to defrost (like I need to see)

ALSO

I you slam on that imaginary brake one more time, I;m kicking your butt out of this truck.
So, you canucks get hammered at 4:30 in the afternoon or what? Don't you people work?

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?