It is time to start cleaning up this forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005 | 11:06 AM
|
F150online
Founder
It is time to start cleaning up this forum.

In the past few months, the General Discussion forum has taken a turn for the worse. At times, this place looks more too much like Romper Room. Threads of certain topics always seem to degrade into "R" rated topics.

As of now, threads of the following nature will no longer be tolerated and will be removed when they are found:

1) "Hottie" threads
2) "Troll-Baiting" threads
3) Blatant attempts to circumvent our dirty-word censorship filters through use of punctuation marks, obvious mis-spellings, etc.

Additionally:

1) From this point forward, duplicate usernames and alter-ego's will no longer be tolerated. Anyone found to have created duplicate usernames from today forward, for whatever reason, will result in bans of both usernames. No exceptions.

2) The blatant encouragement or intentional progression of a thread that is out of control, blatantly against the site rules, or general 'egging-on' of problematic users will result in disciplinary action against not only those who are the problematic users but, also against the users that are encouraging the poor activity.

I will add to this list, as appropriate.

Last edited by Rockpick; 08-01-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-15-2005 | 11:26 AM
Uh oh. Sorry if that was me involved there at all Steve.

With this being the case, can I personally invite anyone into trucks and "hottie" related threads over to my site in the UK.

www.rebel-v8.com

Pretty much anything goes over there. Not for everybody but check it out if you like.

If you register, after 50 posts you get access to the more "adult" forums.
It's relatively new and we only have 73 members so far.

Old 12-15-2005 | 11:35 AM
|
F150online
Founder
Adam,

Since our policy has always been to not allow links to "adult" material on our forums, I don't think it would be appropriate to allow promotion of your site. Since there is no shortage of this material on the Internet and finding it is no more difficult than typing a few words into Google, I don't think we need any promotion of a specific site. Thanks for understanding.

Old 12-15-2005 | 11:58 AM
Steve

Rebel V8 is not an adult site. Is is for enthusiasts of American vehicles.
However, our rules are somewhat looser than yours here regarding content and I thought it might be a way for people to still have their "fun" away from F150online.
I am not trying to poach members here away from F150, just offering an alternative where people can have trucks + T&A if they wish to.

Please be assured that you cannot enter the more adult forums directly by linking from F150online.
You need to be a registered member over there with 50 or more posts to access that. The rest is PG-13.

If you still feel that this is in contravention of your ideals, then please go ahead and delete my above posts in this sticky.

Last edited by EnglishAdam; 12-15-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-15-2005 | 12:05 PM
Sorry Steve.........

(anyone else feel it is ironic that these threads are "sticky")

Old 12-15-2005 | 12:07 PM
...but on a serious note....

....I will from do my part to clean up my posts from here on.....

Old 12-15-2005 | 12:13 PM
|
F150online
Founder
Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Please be assured that you cannot enter the more adult forums directly by linking from F150online.
You need to be a registered member over there with 50 or more posts to access that. The rest is PG-13.
Adam,

A similar argument could probably be made for most adult sites...you cannot access the content without giving them a credit card number.

Old 12-15-2005 | 12:19 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I hear and obey.

Old 12-15-2005 | 12:25 PM
I'm sorry too!

I hope this doesn't turn out like when "Fun Bobby" stopped drinking!

Old 12-15-2005 | 04:30 PM
Uhmmm, I got a username VG1 I think that I haven't used in forever, feel free to delete it. I didn't like the 1, so created this.

Old 12-15-2005 | 04:44 PM
|
F150online
Founder
Originally Posted by ViperGrendal
Uhmmm, I got a username VG1 I think that I haven't used in forever, feel free to delete it. I didn't like the 1, so created this.
I would imagine there are a lot of users out there that have more than one username, perhaps because they had trouble logging on at one time, forget their password, wanted an account for work and home, wanted to change their username, etc. What the rule aims to eliminate is those that 1) register an additional account to circumvent a suspension or ban or 2) want to post "anonymously" rather than with their primary account for the purpose of troll-baiting, stirring up controversy, etc.

Old 12-15-2005 | 05:02 PM
I can understand your thoughts on the pics and some of the adult themed threads.

But the controversy issue???

Isn't that what makes this part of the forum thrive. There wouldn't be much activity if we all just got along and aggreed.

Old 12-15-2005 | 05:06 PM
|
F150online
Founder
Originally Posted by shtrdave
Isn't that what makes this part of the forum thrive. There wouldn't be much activity if we all just got along and aggreed.
Re-read my post. Controversy and debate is fine. A user with 500 posts creating a new username to post just one time to stir up trouble in a thread is not. The context is completely different. If someone does not have the courage to debate using their username and must create an alter-ego for a single post or debate, they should likely stay out of the debate in the first place.

Last edited by webmaster; 12-15-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2005 | 05:38 PM
Keep up the good work Steve!!

Old 12-15-2005 | 06:39 PM
i'm probably as guilty as charged as anyone here...
i i captn'

...zap!

(b.t.w. you do an awful lot of reading )

Quick Reply: It is time to start cleaning up this forum.