HemiTard's...HemiRoyde's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HemiTard's...HemiRoyde's...

If I buy a new truck, It's going to be a ram. For all the fault's my 04 F-150 has, it still is a good truck, but it is not the right truck for me.

I want shopping today, visted two chrysler lot's and talked with one HemiTard and one Hemiroyed.

I allready priced out what I want threw Chryslers web site and was prepard to leave a $5,000.00 deposit towards a factery order.

The first wing nut told me point blank the F-150 is garbage and how much more powerful the Hemi is, Ok I say, Let me take out one of them Viper equiped Hemi's.

I drove Dodge's top truck, yes it hauls ***, been a while since I drove a stick and not what I'm looking for in a truck, I can't use it for work and the truck stickerd at 75,000 CDN, been bag told me point blank he did not have time to reserch the truck I wanted because the sales manager wanted him to push exsiting stock...

The next sales guy hit's me up to take out a Cumins Lone star, it was loaed up like a cat's ***, had the big rear doors, Navigation system and rode like a Caddy, awsome truck, but more truck than I need, once again this guy was not interested in pursuing a Factery order.

Lazy sales people, and booth dealers were pushing the Dodge rams out the door...Ford is not interested in getting me in to A F-250, my dealer is more interested in pushing me into a lease, Dodge in Alberta has 0% for four years on the ram ( I know 0% is built into trhe cost of the truck )

Employee pricing may be back ......soon.........

Old 02-09-2006, 10:05 PM
What is the big challenge about doing the factory order? I wouldn't have thought it involved anymore than going on the network, and either searching the specs already in the build system (so you could get it quicker) or submitting the order. You'd already figured out exactly what you want from the website. The sales guy should be able to tick the boxes to order that in what, 15 minutes? They can't have wanted their commission too badly, especially when you were more than ready to buy.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I do like the Dodge trucks as well, they seem to sit big and have a mean look to them. If I were to jump ship from Ford to another truck Brand, I would like to look into the Dodge Ram Mega Cab, that thing look sweet!

Old 02-12-2006, 07:41 PM
If they can't get you what you want...Go to another dealer. And tell them that too. You must remember, don't let the sales guy treat you like an underdog. Do some shoppin and research; work between two dealers but don't let them know you are. My truck was a 25,500 dollar truck..I got it for 19,500. I was calling the other dealership with their phone. Most people will just settle for what the salesman say is all they can do. If we only knew how much money was made off of each vehicle that is sold at sticker price, we'd be sick.

By the way, I kinda like the Dodge truck too but Ford is still my choice of ride.

Good Luck

Old 02-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Suspended
I'm still serching via the Internent for Small town dealers, A reg cab 8ft box truck is next to impossible to find, and specal ordering one with out driving it is scary, Chevy Ford and Dodge are not stocking thease trucks, If my Ford was a better built truck, I would keep my 8 FT xlt 4x4, but I have to have a manual Transmisson, I did a factery order on my 04 with out driving it....

I have time on my side, but I'm upside down and coming arround up side down again on my Ford....Trouble is I hate my job and question if I want to get locked into a new ride, or just bail out on the one I have....every one has bigger issues than I do, It's a game called life....

Old 02-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
they seem to sit big and have a mean look to them.
have you seen the 2006 dodge powerwagon....man that's an old time mule right there

http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/meris...y/c457430a.jpg

Old 02-13-2006, 02:49 AM
I would not buy another dodge if I was goin to have to pay ten times the amount of a dodge to get a ford I would even buy a chevy over a dodge. I had a dodge and it left me stranded on the road 6 times in less then a year and it was no piece of junk either when it ran it ran and it would move but it cost me more to keep it running then to pay for the damn thing. Ford is the only choice for me from now on.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Oh man ive seen the power wagon demo back in 04 at the Texas state fair car show. Man, now that is a real truck, its got an oil cooler, 7 leaf springs in the rear.... Rated higher then the jeep wrangler is with the off road package or whatever on the jeep.
Its a real truck, ive seen it, i stand at 6'6" and this truck towers over me, makes me feel small.
Later,
-Patrick

Old 02-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
I do like the Dodge trucks as well, they seem to sit big and have a mean look to them. If I were to jump ship from Ford to another truck Brand, I would like to look into the Dodge Ram Mega Cab, that thing look sweet!

You... Jump from ford.

Say it ant so.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bluethrunthru
I would not buy another dodge if I was goin to have to pay ten times the amount of a dodge to get a ford I would even buy a chevy over a dodge. I had a dodge and it left me stranded on the road 6 times in less then a year and it was no piece of junk either when it ran it ran and it would move but it cost me more to keep it running then to pay for the damn thing. Ford is the only choice for me from now on.

If you expieranced the ammount of problems I have with my truck, which has left me stranded ( roadside assiatance ) more than six times in two years, you would not be happy with Ford, Dodge automatics are garbage and they two have issues, I'm reserching and talking to dodge owners, some have had 0 problems, othier's tell me to aviod dodge, I'm upfront and honest with my problems with the parts Ford has on thier trucks, My F-150 is a sweat ride when it's not breaking down.....maybe I expect too much from Ford....I'm partial to the Ram and don't want to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire but Ford Blue is wearing thin....

Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
Have fun with the Dodge.
I would've gone Chevy, but have fun!
rear drum brakes on the chevys and out dated styling..I like the chevy v8 engines over ford and dodge, but chevy is a lost cause unless a new design and infussion of build quality are brought to the table, why I like dodge is you can get a v8 and six sp manual transmisson in a 1/2 ton truck....you can't get one whith chevy and Ford, even if you could get a v8 with a manual transmission with Ford, thier not enough room under the dash for an extra peddal.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:35 PM
I got to say you are talking about build quality in a Chevy and then mentioning Dodge..

Maybe you are looking for Ridgeline or a Tundra double cab?

Quick Reply: HemiTard's...HemiRoyde's...