so long...I Bought A Ram 2500...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
April Fools!

Ok, that makes sense.

Really, you would have to be a candidate for mental health intervention if you go from a Ford to a Dodge.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Pre-2002, I worked in the FAR NORTH. I drove a 1981F250 4X4 Screw. It had well over 500,000 miles on it. One-way travel to my work station was 500 miles, which I travelled twice a month. The company owned a Ram1500 4X4, short-box. I liked the looks of the truck, but when it came to driving it, I soon realized it was nothing but a huge POS. The tranny went out twice, the engine continually overheated, it rode like a lumber wagon and handled like trying to drive spaghetti around a wok.
I honestly gave this truck a fair trial, about 18 months on the job.
Dodges do look cool, but I wouldn't own one. IMHO
In fairness, though, I do have friends who are life-long supporters of Dodge.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Whoops, my mistake cyclone....in that case...Enjoy your new ride and carry a few extra parts with you.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey, at least you got a stick and even in the 1500s you can get a V8 five speed. Unlike ford with only havin slushboxes.

Adrianspeeder

Old 04-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You bought a 3/4 ton truck with a gasoline engine.

That says enough right there.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Suspended
With dodge you can't get a 1500 ( Non SRT ) with a manual transmisson and only the 4.7 with a six 6sp manual, ( to small power wise ) A 1500 with the hemi and automatic would have sreved the same purpose.. But the dodge 5 speed automatic is a slurpie slush box....

The six speed manual is the same transmisson in the 4.7 5.7 and 5.9 cummuns, Should be bulet proof.... had I stuck with a 1500 5.7 and automatic, I would have only saved two grand and got stuck with automatic..

A F-250 with a six speed and a 5.4 was a option, But Universal Ford and Ford credit would not deal, even with 15,000.00 grand down on a F-250 XLT powerstroke reg cab, SO I got P....Off...

Power wise the 5.4 is ok and I have never had a issue performance wise, But I hate automatics.

A powerstroke or cummons is 7000 grand plus over the cost of the truck and I can not afford that and I'm not a guy who's into towing half a city block worth of 5th wheel trailers.

For 06, dodge ram has MDS in the 1500 but not in the 2500 5.7 automatic or 6speed, when towing, the MDS is useless, The 04 F-150 5.4 3v automatic reg cab 4x4 355 LTD slip is comparable in my toing use to a 2500 5.7 reg cab dodge with a 3.73 LTD slip... now I can pick my own gears...I have 6 to chose from, or If I can't find them, grind them, or invent my own.

I will not return to a Ford truck again...Twenty minutes at a dodge dealer was all it took, Ford Credit and my old dealer hummend and hawed and played silly games with me..for three days...

I whish all you F-150 owners the best of luck, Take care....

Old 04-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire

I will not return to a Ford truck again...Twenty minutes at a dodge dealer was all it took, Ford Credit and my old dealer hummend and hawed and played silly games with me..for three days...
Like I said....

There is a reason they wanted your old Ford so bad, and why they were quick to dump their Dodge on you.

Good Luck.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
Like I said....

There is a reason they wanted your old Ford so bad, and why they were quick to dump their Dodge on you.

Good Luck.

Thank you...I gave away the 04 Ford just to get rid of it and all new car dealers-used car dealers want all makes on thier lots, sometimes as a consumer you might get a better deal on a two year old chevy on a ford lot than at a chevy dealer, or visa versa...

The 04 reg cab 4x4 XLT 5.4 3V is not worth a lot on a Ford lot, Dodge gave me three grand more it than a Ford dealer ( I'm upside down on the F-150 and I arranged the price for the 2500 first, than mentioned I might have a trade )

Old 04-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Thank you...I gave away the 04 Ford just to get rid of it and all new car dealers-used car dealers want all makes on thier lots, sometimes as a consumer you might get a better deal on a two year old chevy on a ford lot than at a chevy dealer, or visa versa...

The 04 reg cab 4x4 XLT 5.4 3V is not worth a lot on a Ford lot, Dodge gave me three grand more it than a Ford dealer ( I'm upside down on the F-150 and I arranged the price for the 2500 first, than mentioned I might have a trade )

Congrats on the new ride Cyclone!

Obviously, you wont have the auto tranny problem people keep telling you about (seems most can't read).

I do know people using Rams in construction and they are repeat buyers. The reason they into Dodge in the first place was not because Dodge was that great... its because Ford and GM have dropped the ball. It then turns out that they like the Dodge.

And for anyone that thinks the Dodge rides funny... check your babied butt. They ride like trucks. The way trucks have handled snce the dawn of time. The way we so called truck guys want t truck to ride. Ford made their trucks ride like cars.

So to me, anyone with an issue on the way a Dodge rides should be keeping their mouths shut about the Ridgeline.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:28 PM
If Dodge rams looked as nice inside as the 2004+ F150 I would have gotten one instead. I am happy wit my choice though. Probably going to get a F250 when the new models come out. Not that I do heavy duty work or any work with it at all but I had a dream that I crashed into a prototype F250 while driving next to it an trying to take a picture so now I want one.

Chris

Old 04-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Well I checked my babied butt and still say that Dodge has a different suspension, as well as Chevy and Ford. They are all different. I dont bleed Ford Blue but even when I was a Chevy guy, I always gave Ford Credit where credit was do. They have always had a better ride, better over all suspension for work and driving, than anyone else. Has that ever lowered thier capacity to haul anything or be used as a truck? I have always given Dodge credit for not going as cheap as Ford or Chevy. Where Ford and Chevy put in 3 or 4 bolts Dodge has always put in 10.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by inurok
If Dodge rams looked as nice inside as the 2004+ F150 I would have gotten one instead. I am happy wit my choice though. Probably going to get a F250 when the new models come out. Not that I do heavy duty work or any work with it at all but I had a dream that I crashed into a prototype F250 while driving next to it an trying to take a picture so now I want one.

Chris

some guys, including myself, still want a truck. I want t atruck that looks, handles, rides, acts like a truck.

If I wanted a Lincoln, thats what I'd buy.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Congratulations on your new Dodge. There is nothing wrong with Dodge trucks, at least not any more then with Ford trucks. Every vehicle manufacture has its pro’s and con’s and Ford is not immune to it. I haven’t heard of Dodge having vehicles that blow out tires, roll over and kill some of their occupants. I haven’t heard of any Dodge trucks starting fires and burning down houses so I think you will be a little a head of the game when it comes to safety and quality…

Quick Reply: so long...I Bought A Ram 2500...