Vietnam Moving Wall

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006 | 08:05 PM
|
Vietnam Moving Wall

For those of you who might be interested, The Vietnam Moving Memorial Wall will be in Brandon, Fla the 20th thru the 22nd of this month. It would be a good time to pay tribute to the 58,000 plus troops who gave their lives in the service of our country and South Vietnam's fight for freedom. If you get a chance stop by and say Hello. Thank You Mike Potter Msg US Army (RET)

Old 10-16-2006 | 09:03 PM
I guess that the sacrifice of our troops in the Vietnam War slowed the spread of Communism in Southeast Asia, which slowed the spread of Communism worldwide, which denied the USSR the influx of capital that it needed to fight the arms race accelerated by Reagan, which kept the American auto industry from being destroyed in a nuclear holocaust, which means that Ford was alive in 1999-2004 to make Lightnings.

Or something.

Old 10-16-2006 | 10:15 PM
I think the man just brought up something he thought that might be of interest to those in immediate vicinity. An opportunity to honor those who gave the utilmate in sacrifice in the line up duty, shouldn't be taken lightly.

PS: For a few who might not be aware of it, I can pretty well assure you that those of us that served in SouthEast Asia in the 1960's and up to 1975 were not very concerned with the eventual building of any specific vehicles as we thought we had many more important reasons for serving.

Old 10-17-2006 | 07:50 AM
do you have a link to info on this tour?
My father did 2 tours in Vietnam and I would like to visit this. However I am in NY

Old 10-17-2006 | 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
I guess that the sacrifice of our troops in the Vietnam War slowed the spread of Communism in Southeast Asia, which slowed the spread of Communism worldwide, which denied the USSR the influx of capital that it needed to fight the arms race accelerated by Reagan, which kept the American auto industry from being destroyed in a nuclear holocaust, which means that Ford was alive in 1999-2004 to make Lightnings.

Or something.
I normally find your comments a bit funny...but that was not cool.

I wasn't in vietnam...but Iraq. But you know I will be there Mike

Old 10-17-2006 | 08:02 AM
Before everyone gets too bent out of shape on this, I think Tim's comments were a roundabout attempt to say that this should be a topic posted in the General Discussion forum, not in the Lightning specific forum.

Old 10-17-2006 | 09:26 AM
Moved to Gen Discussion

Old 10-17-2006 | 11:34 AM
Angry

Than maybe Tim should have just said that instead of the the way it was put. We all get a kick out of some of his spoofing. However the wording was such that many who lived through it or gave all for it. Will take it as we have as being disrespectful. Both to their memory and there service. I don't post a million replys, but this I just had to reply to!! Artie Semper Fi!

Old 10-17-2006 | 05:30 PM
|
Vietnam wall

Halflife- When I go this weekend I'll try to find out what the schedule is and let you know.
As for Tim's comments, I understand what he was probably trying to say. Having spent 22 1/2 years in the service and 12 1/2 of it in SE Asia some where, I tend to get a little bent at times. Not this time, I took it in the way I believe it was meant to be. If I'm wrong Tim then shame on you. Thanks to the rest of you for standing up. MikeyP

Old 10-18-2006 | 11:34 AM
Old 10-18-2006 | 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton

Or something.
Tim, As a Vietnam veteran, and combat engineer attached to the 9th Infantry Division, I understand that your comments in no way degraded anyone's service to their country. You were simply making a statement to the extent of political involvement in the many skirmishes our US foreign policy has involved us in over the past 100 years or so. I took it with a sly smile, then returned to thinking about some of the names I know are on that Wall, and the good times we had together in '69. God rest their souls, and a never ending thanks for the sacrifice they made on behalf of their country and not the politicals whims of the period.

Quick Reply: Vietnam Moving Wall