So long, Tan Terror!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMX928
looks like a nice car, but i hate that front end.
looks too much like a chick car in the front, i wish they had done more mkz'ish styling for the front, everything else on it is good.
I kinda like the MKZ but it's missing something. Its too tame, I think its more of a chick car. I'll admit the MKX is chick-ish on the front as well, but mans up pretty nicely in person with a stallion like myself behind the wheel.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Look who swtched over to the Lincoln side.

Nice ride D.

Rdy2rac with

Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM
It's my third Lincoln in my driving career...

Thanks everyone!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Don't be a girl...pimp out the stereo system this weekend....It might help you redeem some "man points" since you bought a bitch *** grocery getter

I better feel the bass out here in Jersey.

BREW

Old 04-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Hard Driving dzervit
3 years old exactly, 56,000 miles, needed tires, think the front end was going to need work, it needed another oil change, the 60K service... F that!!!
Originally Posted by Really Hard Driving dzervit
. . . a stallion like myself behind the wheel.
Funny you should mention losing the vehicle at the 60 thousand mile service.

I just had my 60 thousand mile service (did it on Saturday) and, myself being rather stallionesque behind the wheel (although I think you mean it in a different way) . . . but I drive the canyons almost all the time, and drive the car hard, so, not only did I need new pads, but I had warped the rotors . . . so, 60 work AND all new rotors and pads . . . and you can imagine what that cost on my car . . .

And I actually thought, and almost did this . . . bought a new car, and, even though I didn't have the best things to say about it in an earlier thread . . . I suddenly had a midlife crisis and checked out a new Vette (I keep going back and forth on the Vette) . . . so I actually debated it for a couple of days. . . . drop the big bucks for the 60K service, or get a new car, and after trading in the L I'd have a VERY small amount due on the Vette . . . and it sort of made sense . . .

until I came to my senses and realized I like big comfy seats and sensory deprivation while driving.

So it goes.

Anyway, all this is to say, I can totally understand the getting a new rie rather than do the 60K service thing, and I'm with ya on this one.

Last edited by kobiashi; 04-19-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Kobi™ kan't spel.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Suspended
. . isn't this the same car with the commerical with the surfer milf?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Funny you should mention losing the vehicle at the 60 thousand mile service.

I just had my 60 thousand mile service (did it on Saturday) and, myself being rather stallionesque behind the wheel (although I think you mean it in a different way) . . . but I drive the canyons almost all the time, and drive the car hard, so, not only did I need new pads, but I had warped the rotors . . . so, 60 work AND all new rotors and pads . . . and you can imagine what that cost on my car . . .

And I actually thought, and almost did this . . . bought a new car, and, even though I didn't have the best things to say about it in an earlier thread . . . I suddenly had a midlife crisis and checked out a new Vette (I keep going back and forth on the Vette) . . . so I actually debated it for a couple of days. . . . drop the big bucks for the 60K service, or get a new car, and after trading in the L I'd have a VERY small amount due on the Vette . . . and it sort of made sense . . .

until I came to my senses and realized I like big comfy seats and sensory deprivation while driving.

So it goes.

Anyway, all this is to say, I can totally understand the getting a new rie rather than do the 60K service thing, and I'm with ya on this one.
Dude you only live once!
Keep the luxary AND buy the Vette!
There is a chance that your Insurance might actually go down with multi car discount. I know it's crazy but it happened to me when I bought my first second car. (That really doesnt make sense but you know what I mean.) It never hurts to have a spare set of wheels around and when you feel the urge to be sporty and hit up some babes, then jump in the vette and chase some skanks. When you want to be more elite, then take the L.

Edited to add:
It's expensive to be schizophrenic. but I know your pain.
Except I have urges for luxary and refined sometimes sporty, sometimes exotic, sometimes a big bulky jacked up red neck 4x4, so my disease is mroe expensive....

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 04-19-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:40 PM
OK, time to derail

D, your single letter sig has inspired me, and so, like any great creative, I'll sort of steal your idea. However, rather than do the art work thing, I just got 20,000 people to gather in an arena, got a bunch of cheerleaders to hoist up a big "K" flag, and hired Annie Leibovitz to take a pic.

Sure, it's cheating, but what do you expect?!?!?!

Last edited by kobiashi; 04-20-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
. . isn't this the same car with the commerical with the surfer milf?

I think that may be the Mercury version?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally Posted by dzervit
I kinda like the MKZ but it's missing something. Its too tame, I think its more of a chick car. I'll admit the MKX is chick-ish on the front as well, but mans up pretty nicely in person with a stallion like myself behind the wheel.
To funnny new name Chick-D.

P.S. Nice ride D

Old 04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by BeerGuzzler
Don't be a girl...pimp out the stereo system this weekend....
Eh... I dunno. I'm going to listen to the factory for a bit and see if I can accept it or not. My AVIC-D3 is on hold with the Overstock.com fraud department... may just tell them to cancel it for now. Its up in the air...

Originally Posted by kobiashi
D, your single letter sig has inspired me, and so, like any great creative, I'll sort of steal your idea. However, rather than do the art work thing, I just got 20,000 people to gather in an arena, got a bunch of cheerleaders to hoist up a big "K" flag, and hired Annie Leibovitz to take a pic.

Sure, it's cheating, but what do you expect?!?!?!
Well really you didn't steal or cheat, since I was inspired by your latest rash of 'less is more' sig designs. I felt as if I was stealing off you when I slapped this one together last night. Let's call it even.

Originally Posted by lrhogfan
I think that may be the Mercury version?
Nope, there is no Mercury version. It's the MKX commercial. And she is hot.

PS - thanks buck!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:45 AM
... and welcome Sexual White Chocholate!!

Yeah baby!!!

Wait a "fat bastard minute".....

You mean to fooking tell me you got rid of the Tan Terror (I didn't read the whole thread)?

WTF is wrong with you? Are you not getting enough hoopie patch for your dang-dang or something?

A Lincoln MKX, huh? not a bad looking ride, but I have got to know the reason you dumped the fiddy?

*I like the sig BTW*

Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
You mean to fooking tell me you got rid of the Tan Terror (I didn't read the whole thread)?

WTF is wrong with you? Are you not getting enough hoopie patch for your dang-dang or something?

A Lincoln MKX, huh? not a bad looking ride, but I have got to know the reason you dumped the fiddy?
I'm gettin' plenty of poonanie.

As I wrote to previously in the thread on my reasons:
Originally Posted by Sexual White Chocolate
3 years old exactly, 56,000 miles, needed tires, think the front end was going to need work, it needed another oil change, the 60K service... F that!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm gettin' plenty of poonanie.

As I wrote to previously in the thread on my reasons:

Yeah, I'm caught up now.

I'm in the same boat. I was just giving early morning chit.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:32 AM
It is a gorgeous color. They have 07 f150s with that off-white cream. I love that color...drop dead beautiful.

Quick Reply: So long, Tan Terror!!!