So long, Tan Terror!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vader716
It is a gorgeous color. They have 07 f150s with that off-white cream. I love that color...drop dead beautiful.
I agree 100% sir.

I think that color looks absolutely B-E-A-U tiful on a Lincoln LX.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vader716
It is a gorgeous color. They have 07 f150s with that off-white cream. I love that color...drop dead beautiful.
What's sick is its $495 more for this color. It's a tri-coat where they shoot the base color, the metallic, then the clear coat. Its has great depth for white and really gleams in the sunlight. They did a top-notch job with it, and its worth the extra cash.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey Jamz, what the hell is a Lincoln LX?

D, nice ride. I've always liked the Edge ever since I first heard about it coming out, and the MKX too. And as far as the tri-coat paint goes, you're right. It is worth it.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
Hey Jamz, what the hell is a Lincoln LX?

Sorry, that was a typo.

Lincoln LS

Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You light up all 4 yet?

Old 04-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
You light up all 4 yet?
Not yet, hoping my Superchips tuner will work on it...

In other news, pimpification has started, got the windows tinted... still in the air about the audio...

Old 04-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I am so late to the new car party. I guess that's what I get for laying out drunk for 2 days.

Looks nice D. I really like the color. Got any pics of the interior? The a/c seats are the shat.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I always knew deep down inside you were queer....I am looking at buying one of those for the wife.....

Old 04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
I always knew deep down inside you were queer....I am looking at buying one of those for the wife.

Niiiice.

How you be Bill?

Old 04-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
... and welcome Sexual White Chocolate!!

Yeah baby!!!
Hold TF on!!!

Probably the only guy on the site that's bigger than me, who wondered what TF I was thinking when I got the Acura MDX, trading in my ride on it a little over one year later, goes and buys an MDX clone (Right down to the name - MKX- !!!

Say it isn't so!!!!

Hey, I understand bro... And, welcome- almost... Coming from a 50, I'm sure that SOB feels like a sports car. I test drove an Edge, and it was sweet- and, roomy...

It took some getting used to, but I love mine; but I still have a 50 to poke around in, from time to time.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Hold TF on!!!

Probably the only guy on the site that's bigger than me, who wondered what TF I was thinking when I got the Acura MDX, trading in my ride on it a little over one year later, goes and buys an MDX clone (Right down to the name - MKX- !!!

Say it isn't so!!!!

Hey, I understand bro... And, welcome- almost... Coming from a 50, I'm sure that SOB feels like a sports car. I test drove an Edge, and it was sweet- and, roomy...

It took some getting used to, but I love mine; but I still have a 50 to poke around in, from time to time.
Yeah, its so. The suspenesion and ride sure are sporty, but the overboosted steering ruins the driving enjoyment. I just saw a commercial comparing the Edge and the BMW X5, touting how the Edge is faster 0-60. Uhhhhh... my guess is the boys at the Ford Marketing department never drove a bimmer otherwiese they'd know just how silly their commercial really is..

I couldn't justify the MDX as it was too much more a month. After all, I'm just using this as a 'bad weather and multi-person' vehicle and riding the bike most of the time anyway.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
doesn't need a tuner to make all 4 start a fire. I drove an Edge at work and the ****er lit all 4 up with no issue

Old 04-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I have lost all respect for Dzervit. He might as well come here and pretend to be female.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
Yeah, its so. The suspenesion and ride sure are sporty, but the overboosted steering ruins the driving enjoyment. I just saw a commercial comparing the Edge and the BMW X5, touting how the Edge is faster 0-60. Uhhhhh... my guess is the boys at the Ford Marketing department never drove a bimmer otherwiese they'd know just how silly their commercial really is..

I couldn't justify the MDX as it was too much more a month. After all, I'm just using this as a 'bad weather and multi-person' vehicle and riding the bike most of the time anyway.
Yeah, I won't be getting a new (2007 & up) MDX either. To get one equipped like mine (2006), the MSRP is near $50,000. Too rich for my blood.

Mine (MDX/Touring) MSRP'd for $43,000- would've been $46,500 if I hadn't cheaped out, and skipped the Navigation and rear DVD. They were trying to get rid of the 2006's since the 07's were on the horizon, there are a TON of < 2006 MDX's on the road now. I got mine for $40,000, and Honda Finance paid the sales tax, saving me another $3,000.00. Since they hold their value so well, I got payments slightly south of $600.00/month (Lease). I had designs on the new Buick Enclave as a replacement for the MDX, but- that GMC Acadia has me interested too. I'll only get it, if I get this promotion I think I have a shot at. If I don't, I'll be down-grading in 2009. Might pick up a 2006 Suburban or Yukon Denali XL, especially if a new, lil' Bighersh comes along.

Mine doesn't do as well as one would expect for a V-6 in the city (16 - 18 MPG) but, on the highway- she'll give you 24.5 MPG with the cruise set on 80. That was nice. Fill that 18 gallon tank, and see the computer say: 442 miles to empty.

My old Expy would never make that claim, with a 30 gallon tank.

Last edited by Bighersh; 04-20-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
doesn't need a tuner to make all 4 start a fire. I drove an Edge at work and the ****er lit all 4 up with no issue
My BS meter is off the charts. 4,000lbs of vehicle, only 265HP lighting up all 4 wheels? Me thinks not! FWD models, sure I did that no problem.

Originally Posted by UrbanPoosie
I have lost all respect for Dzervit. He might as well come here and pretend to be female.
I thought you of all people would be down with my security of my manhood, you know... you driving that pink truck and all.

Originally Posted by BigHersh
Yeah, I won't be getting a new (2007 & up) MDX either. To get one equipped like mine (2006), the MSRP is near $50,000. Too rich for my blood.
A similar equipped MDX would have been around 42-43K... 6-7K more than my MKX on X-plan. If I'm going to pony up more dough, its gonna be for a BMW. But I just wasn't ready to do that. Maybe next time, I dunno. I have a hard time paying over $500 for a freakin' car each month. Hell, I could have got a stellar deal on a Porsche Cayenne S Ti... but a freaking grand a month?!!! No thanks, its not that nice.

Quick Reply: So long, Tan Terror!!!