$2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
That isnt a Home Depot error, though...?

Yeah, I know.

It was a driver/strap failure error.....BUT, if Lowes willing to stand up and be the "better man" and take me as their customer and do for me what Home Depot COULDN'T ...... I'll take it.

*The customer service part...not the fridge

Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
I got this for an update:
So you're saying Lowes is going to replace the fridge in order to get you're future business?

Duke

Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
So you're saying Lowes is going to replace the fridge in order to get you're future business?

Duke

No, sorry ... I have problems explaining myself sometime.

When I say that Lowe's is willing to stand up and be the better man, I mean their customer service. The fridge ... I'm screwed. I am simply out 2 grand.

Home Depot told me to enjoy my new fridge. How f*ed up is that? They know what the problem was with the fridge and what happened. IMO that smart *** remark wasn't nessary. Also, one of the people my wife talked to on the phone told her she was irresponsible. I wanted to talk to the Store manager about the issue, He bailed before I got there, and he KNEW I was coming.

A Lowe's employee said if you would have bought it from us, all you had to do was bring it back and we COULD have worked something out to replaced it. I prolly would have had to dish out a few bucks, but still....not to mention, if I would have bought it from Lowe's....they would have delivered and installed the fridge.

[EDIT]removed negative remark[EDIT]

Last edited by jamzwayne; 05-08-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
actually thats saying alot, b.c that means he's willing to drive a bag of ice in a cooler all the way to "gods country" (if you know where jamz lives) about 4.5 hours from where stealth lives.... B.c we know a bag of ice wont last more then about 5 minutes during the summer
Dood, I live in Houston. Ice is like the second coming. That and along with a dry day consisting of humidity under 90%

Old 05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
No, sorry ... I have problems explaining myself sometime.

When I say that Lowe's is willing to stand up and be the better man, I mean their customer service. The fridge ... I'm screwed. I am simply out 2 grand.

Home Depot told me to enjoy my new fridge. How f*ed up is that? They know what the problem was with the fridge and what happened. IMO that smart *** remark wasn't nessary. Also, one of the people my wife talked to on the phone told her she was irresponsible. I wanted to talk to the Store manager about the issue, He bailed before I got there, and he KNEW I was coming.

A Lowe's employee said if you would have bought it from us, all you had to do was bring it back and we COULD have worked something out to replaced it. I prolly would have had to dish out a few bucks, but still....not to mention, if I would have bought it from Lowe's....they would have delivered and installed the fridge.

[EDIT]removed negative remark[EDIT]
geese that really stinks. It's one thing to have something bad happen and admit it's your fault, but then it's an entire new problem when the seller (in this case what is supposed to be a responsible company) be outrightly rude and disrespectful.

It sounds like nothing is going to change the people working at that store. Honestly, it's time to move on before it really stresses you out.

My next steps would be these:

1. Document what was said to you and your wife (the rude comments)
2. Call the HD store manager and ask for the name and number of the regional manager
3. Call the regional manager (they likely won't answer) and ask for them to call you back at XXX.XXX.XXXX as you are concerned with the customer service at store XXX and was offended by comments made by their staff to both you and your wife.
4. When you finally speak to the regional manager, explain in a calm and professional manner what happened to fridge and that you accept the act of the fridge falling out the back of the truck as you're responsibility. However, you feel the comments made by the staff (then repeat the comments verbatim) were rude and out of line and that you expected more from a retailer that employes over 355,000 people across the nation.

Duke

Old 05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
geese that really stinks. It's one thing to have something bad happen and admit it's your fault, but then it's an entire new problem when the seller (in this case what is supposed to be a responsible company) be outrightly rude and disrespectful.

It sounds like nothing is going to change the people working at that store. Honestly, it's time to move on before it really stresses you out.

My next steps would be these:

1. Document what was said to you and your wife (the rude comments)
2. Call the HD store manager and ask for the name and number of the regional manager
3. Call the regional manager (they likely won't answer) and ask for them to call you back at XXX.XXX.XXXX as you are concerned with the customer service at store XXX and was offended by comments made by their staff to both you and your wife.
4. When you finally speak to the regional manager, explain in a calm and professional manner what happened to fridge and that you accept the act of the fridge falling out the back of the truck as you're responsibility. However, you feel the comments made by the staff (then repeat the comments verbatim) were rude and out of line and that you expected more from a retailer that employes over 355,000 people across the nation.

Duke

Cool.

You and I are on the exact same page.

I am in the process of writing aVERY professional, very polite email to the store manager requesting to speak to him in person about these issues.

I'll take it from there at that point.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:42 AM
you expected more from a retailer that employes over 355,000 people across the nation.

Duke
What planet are you from?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by UrbanCowboy
sad, but true...

Old 05-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by UrbanCowboy
you and D might like my joint checking account thread then.....

I just walked by a mirror and I could have sworn that I saw the word NAIVE
written on my shirt.

Duke

Old 05-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Cool.

I am in the process of writing aVERY professional, very polite email to the store manager requesting to speak to him in person about these issues.

Now that Rudy's is open, perhaps you two should talk it up over lunch. I hear the parking lot is perfect for reaching an agreement.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Cool.

Writing a letter is the correct thing to do, but forget the email BS. It will conveniently be lost.

Write a letter - hard copy - and send that letter to the store manager, the regional manager, and to corporate headquarters, specifying that copies are being sent to all. (When you write to corporate, find out if there is a customer service division, and a public relations division. If you write to PR - do not threaten but imply that such demeaning treatment of customers is something that could turn into their worst public relations nightmare).

Accepting responsibility for the fridge is good. Your concern at this point is the customer service issue. In your letter, do NOT say that they have lost you as a customer. If you write that you are forever dismayed and will be shopping at Lowes from now on, then you're a lost cause and no attention will be paid to you. Give them the opportunity to want to stick their collective noses up your azz.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Writing a letter is the correct thing to do, but forget the email BS. It will conveniently be lost.

Write a letter - hard copy - and send that letter to the store manager, the regional manager, and to corporate headquarters, specifying that copies are being sent to all. (When you write to corporate, find out if there is a customer service division, and a public relations division. If you write to PR - do not threaten but imply that such demeaning treatment of customers is something that could turn into their worst public relations nightmare).

Accepting responsibility for the fridge is good. Your concern at this point is the customer service issue. In your letter, do NOT say that they have lost you as a customer. If you write that you are forever dismayed and will be shopping at Lowes from now on, then you're a lost cause and no attention will be paid to you. Give them the opportunity to want to stick their collective noses up your azz.
This is a much better point and action then what I had written!

Duke

Old 05-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not to sound cynical or anything, but they're probably just saying that to make you feel better after the fact. They know that you screwed yourself, and they know that the typical customer - who can't accept responsibility for their screw ups (this isn't you, BTW) - would likely go after Home Depot bitchin' and raising hell, calling them everything except a child of God, to get whatever they can, despite Home Depot not having one damn thing to do with the fridge falling out of a truck going down the highway.

They're thinking that since you're that pissed off customer that wants to blame everybody except yourself (again, this ain't you, just the general population - everyone wants something for nothing), that they've got a chance to get a potential future customer out of it.

I bet if you bought that fridge from Lowes and it caught air coming off your truck, Home Depot would be saying the same thing about Lowes that Lowes is saying about Home Depot right now. They both deal in the same market, they're both direct competitors, so short of dueling to the death in the parking lot they'll do whatever they can to make themselves look better than the competition.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Make sure that you write in the letter that this whole thing would not of happened if they would of delivered it to you in the first place. You are not a furniture mover, nor a refridgerator mover either. You would of gladly payed a mileage charge and or any additional moving fee that they would of charged. I once had a problem with an RCA tv, I called the Ceo of RCA/GE at the time and explained how displeased with the product, and he called the store and told me to go pick out another set, and pay the difference. That was 15 years ago, but shoot for the Top...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I would call the CEO first, then write the letter. If that didn't work, I would call TONY STEWART and tell him that you were listening to the race on the radio, and you got a little loose in turn three...

Quick Reply: $2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.