$2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg I'm sorry for bad luck, but I could not help but laughing at that first pic, I was not expecting that. lol Lowes isn't any better BTW, they broke the glass in the last 2 stoves I wanted

Old 03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Did OP ever get some closure on this?

Old 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Did OP ever get some closure on this?

Originally Posted by jamzwayne

Originally Posted by mjb1032

I found and read this thread......that sucks.
Can anyone answer the above question? This happened in '07....what was the final ending?

I just bought a new fridge. What can ya do?

Last edited by cannonballgsu; 03-15-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:47 AM
It doesn't happen just to you, Jamz. I saw a guy have a similar incident coming from Home Depot. He had a brand new, fully assembled, stainless steel grill twined in the bed of his truck. He took the turn to get on the main road a little too fast and the whole thing rolled out the side of his truck. Looked a lot like the fridge.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by DaveK
It doesn't happen just to you, Jamz. I saw a guy have a similar incident coming from Home Depot. He had a brand new, fully assembled, stainless steel grill twined in the bed of his truck. He took the turn to get on the main road a little too fast and the whole thing rolled out the side of his truck. Looked a lot like the fridge.
Whoa, were you in Pasadena, MD when you witnessed this? Same exact thing happened to me about 4 years ago, and it was a stainless steel grill. Funny thing is, I got it at a discounted price from HD, as it was a floor model with a few minor scratches and I was feeling too lazy to assemble one. I always take pride in my strapping down of cargo. I dunno what the heck I was thinking that day. I had the grill strapped up high, but some how it slid down. I hit the gas at a stop light and the grill literally tripped over the fallen strap and fell over the side of my truck. I was able to pick up the pieces and had to do some assembly after all. I still use that grill to this day.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
That's funny Chris

Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I've worked on the highway for the last 20 yrs, and there's not much I haven't seen smashed on the side of the road (toilets, showers, garage doors, big screen TV's, to name a few ... ).

Old 03-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fairlaner
I've worked on the highway for the last 20 yrs, and there's not much I haven't seen smashed on the side of the road (toilets, showers, garage doors, big screen TV's, to name a few ... ).
Ca. seems to be good for the "scatter the landscape with our load" doesn't it? You can't travel the freeways of So. Ca. for very long without seeing "inadequately anchored load debris" like it's a national pastime. Enough mattresses to outfit many a hotel. It should be illegal to even carry a load anywhere but in a closed van unless you take a class on "anchorage". Ever see the pictures of a pickup with a mattress WRAPPED AROUND a driveshaft? I'm pretty sure it was in So. Ca.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by code58
Ca. seems to be good for the "scatter the landscape with our load" doesn't it? You can't travel the freeways of So. Ca. for very long without seeing "inadequately anchored load debris" like it's a national pastime. Enough mattresses to outfit many a hotel. It should be illegal to even carry a load anywhere but in a closed van unless you take a class on "anchorage". Ever see the pictures of a pickup with a mattress WRAPPED AROUND a driveshaft? I'm pretty sure it was in So. Ca.

Lotta trash in that state, shame, the natural vistas are so beautiful.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisT
Whoa, were you in Pasadena, MD when you witnessed this? Same exact thing happened to me about 4 years ago, and it was a stainless steel grill. Funny thing is, I got it at a discounted price from HD, as it was a floor model with a few minor scratches and I was feeling too lazy to assemble one. I always take pride in my strapping down of cargo. I dunno what the heck I was thinking that day. I had the grill strapped up high, but some how it slid down. I hit the gas at a stop light and the grill literally tripped over the fallen strap and fell over the side of my truck. I was able to pick up the pieces and had to do some assembly after all. I still use that grill to this day.
Nope. I was in Sterling, VA when i saw this. I guess it happens quite frequently!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump because I saw jamz posting today and thought of this...

- NCSU

Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I lost the Rear end out of my Mach I on the freeway. Thought the tailgate was up.. Never did find it. Had to buy a new one..

Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
the rear end as in the diff? How did the car move without it?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
the rear end as in the diff? How did the car move without it?
I think he had the rear end in the bed of his truck and it flew out because the tailgate was down.

At first I thought it flew out of the car when driving it down the highway too

Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I think he had the rear end in the bed of his truck and it flew out because the tailgate was down.

At first I thought it flew out of the car when driving it down the highway too
Thats right I was taking the housing to have it hot tanked. Empty housing.. Never even heard it fall out. Got to the machine shop and it was gone.

Quick Reply: $2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.