$2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm wondering why you all would even suggest homeowner's insurance....that s.o.b. never made it home in one piece (sorry jamz ). First thing I'd check is auto insurance.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:20 AM
My condolences....

Old 05-06-2007, 07:51 AM
good god that was painful to look at.

remember those old anti-pollution tv adds with the stoic indian shedding a single tear while gazing over a trash littered hillside?

i almost did that for you & your fridge.

i will go around my house today, and hug everything i have delivered myself to show appreciation for the things that evaded a potentially horrible experience.

gunna start with a landing to our deck that i made with pavers (wonder what the neighbors will think if the see me).

that really sucks, and i feel horrible for you.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:53 AM
so Jamz is there any news on recouping any $$$$ on the fridge
or is the ins. comp. closed till like 11:-12:00 monday like usual when you really need them
i feel for you looked like a nice fridge

Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
them pics still made me smile today

Old 05-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Budha05STX
I'm wondering why you all would even suggest homeowner's insurance....that s.o.b. never made it home in one piece (sorry jamz ). First thing I'd check is auto insurance.
You would be surprised at the things homeowner's and renters insurance might cover.

A few years ago, my wife's luggage got lost by an airline. It showed up after 5 days or so, but our State Farm agent was ready to race a check over to us so she could get whatever she needed before her next trip.

While I feel bad for Jamz, there's really only one place to point the finger of blame. If I'd done something like that, no way I'd be sharing with all of you!

Glad no one was hurt.

BTW, cheap tie-downs and the stock F150 tie down points suck. If you actually use your truck as a truck, those are things you can upgrade cheap.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 AM
You didn't say how you got it loaded the second time. Did you kick the heavy parts in the ditch?

I feel for you though. I usually bring home anything I can because I hate waiting days for delivery. When I buy something I want to enjoy it right away. I count my blessings that it's never happened to me.

If you bought it with a credit card it may be covered.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
You would be surprised at the things homeowner's and renters insurance might cover.

A few years ago, my wife's luggage got lost by an airline. It showed up after 5 days or so, but our State Farm agent was ready to race a check over to us so she could get whatever she needed before her next trip.

While I feel bad for Jamz, there's really only one place to point the finger of blame. If I'd done something like that, no way I'd be sharing with all of you!

Glad no one was hurt.

BTW, cheap tie-downs and the stock F150 tie down points suck. If you actually use your truck as a truck, those are things you can upgrade cheap.
Yea I have 2 types of tie downs I carry a couple of bungee's for the light stuff under 20lbs and

10,000 lbs ratchet straps for everything else!
About $20 each, I would have atleast 3 always, but if you haul anything over 20lbs that cost over $60 one time, then it's well worth every penny.
I like that style best with the double bent hooks for general purpose.
Only thing is you have to be really carefully cause they can put alot of pressure on your load. I have flattened the front tires of a Oliver Diesel tractor with them as well as flattened all 4 tires on my lawn tractor with a single strap across the center. (that is all it takes to hold the lawn mower in the bed or on a flat bed trailer) So they will bend dent and break crap easily before you realize it.

I use the factory in bed tie downs all the time and haven't had them so much as bend yet, even with the 10K lb straps.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bootleg837
them pics still made me smile today
You ain't joking.....sorry Jamz but that chit is too funny. I still think the worst part about your entire experience was the fact that you went to homer depot in the first place and posting it here was a close 2nd.

here ya go.
LOWE'S OF TYLER, TX #0463
5720 SOUTH BROADWAY
TYLER, TX 75703
(903) 581-8500
Fax: (903) 561-2351
M-SA 6-10, SU 8-8

Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Services are being held this afternoon.

Man, I still don't know what to say other than, *#^R% $)*@

I'm can't "blame" this accident on anyone, except me, I guess. It was a freak of nature accident that could of happened to anyone.

I KNOW NOW ...

that you CAN lay a fridge on it's back, but you have to wait 3-5 hours before plugging it in.

I also know there's a bad bump on the over pass of HWY 19 on the loop in Athens, TX.....just in case any truckers take that loop.

billycouldride

Since this whole little mini-nightmare has taken place, that was the first to make me laugh. TEARS. RIB and AB PAINS. A good laugh. I needed that.

thnx

Hey, I just realized something, there's a brand new fridge that needs to be assembled in the bed of my 04 STX Heritage Regular cab ... that my father-in-law, a volunteer fireman, and some guy I never met before stopped and offered to help load it up.

I look back and think, "Damn. People still exist on this planet?" Wild, huh?

I think I am going to take this as a learning experience. The wife is still livid with Home Depot, but she understands that it's not their fault...she's pissed at the experience as a whole still....and the shock of seeing me really pissed off for the first time.

Anyway, you guys are freakin GREAT.

I gotta mow the yard.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Once again, sorry jamz, but you gotta admit, it's worthy of a new sig.

And it's sure to give you a new nickname. Whereas football had William "The Refrigerator" Perry, we now have Jamz "The Refrigerator" Wayne . . . or just "The Fridge" for short.

(Hey, not trying to make fun of you, just trying to make light of a bad situation. Laughter is the best medicine you know."

Old 05-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Ohh lord, a livid italian, may god have mercy on Home Depot.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:14 PM
oops . . .

forgot the 500 / 100

Old 05-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kobiashi
oops . . .

forgot the 500 / 100

THat's the funniest stuff I've seen all weekend.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
oops . . .

forgot the 500 / 100

Wow... great post Jamzypooh. Sorry to hear. My dad did the same thing with a BBQ we got him for X-mas... he was taking it to the work for an employee cookout. Not so much cookin' going on that day...

Quick Reply: $2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.