$2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a new sig.

Last edited by Stealth; 05-06-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kobiashi
Once again, sorry jamz, but you gotta admit, it's worthy of a new sig.

And it's sure to give you a new nickname. Whereas football had William "The Refrigerator" Perry, we now have Jamz "The Refrigerator" Wayne . . . or just "The Fridge" for short.

(Hey, not trying to make fun of you, just trying to make light of a bad situation. Laughter is the best medicine you know."
F me, that's some funny chit right there Kobi
Just when I thought the thread couldn't get any funnier, lol

Old 05-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN thats a great sig. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your auto policy won't cover this. My wife is a State Farm agent and she said you are pretty much f'ed. I'd try anyway maybe you will get lucky. Kinda sad you didn't get to use it ..........but it is funny.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Sorry Jamz... that sucks ... but Kobi has got me rolling on the floor

Old 05-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by kobiashi
oops . . .

forgot the 500 / 100

damn thats funny

Old 05-06-2007, 03:51 PM
im sorry but i laughed my *** off at reading this, and i dont belive your auto insurance would cover tis, however you should have told homedepot that when you got home you opened it up and thats how it looked... they would probley belive it, i worked there as a night stalker for 3 years and so much **** got sent it ****ed up that it was a wonder on how they stayed in business.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Just saw this. Man that sucks.

My boss did something similar. He had a big 800 pound kiln in the back of his Ranger and hit the brakes real hard and it crushed the cab. I wish I had taken a pic of it.

But seeing how it was a black fridge at least it was dressed for the funeral...

Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Buying a new refrigerator for the wife : $2012.87

Proud owner of an F150 finally using his thruck to haul something : $0

Cheap tie down straps : $21

The look on Mr and Mrs Jamzwayne face when their new fridge falls out onto the street at 50mph : PRICELESS

Old 05-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by jamzwayne
First of all, this post isn't a whining session to let ya'll hear about my bad luck even though the title reflects it.

The Home Depot. We all know who they are. Well, I've had a HORRIBLE experience, one like I've never had before.

The wife and I bought a fridge there. It was a nice one too. The kind with the freezer drawer on the bottom and the double doors on top. Ice maker, water dispenser, and best of all, it was chrome. B-E-A-U-tiful fridge.

Here's the story:

It all starts on, April 23, 2007 at about 5:45. I got off work to go look at what The Home Depot has to offer as far as fridges. [Their website sucks my *****] I arrive at the store a little after 4 in the afternoon. I browse through all the ones they have. I have my eye set on one right off the bat, at the price I want too. I look around for a few more minutes, just to make sure I don't miss anything. Nope, that's the one I want.

I looked for an associate to help me, but no one was around, so I wandered over to the cabinet section and saw a guy there, and he called someone over for me. I waited for about another 10 minutes (Did you know "they" make keg coolers that look like mini fridges? Bad ***!)

Finally the guy shows up and asks how he can help me. He seems a little put out, right off the bat. I told him I was interested in the fridge, and he immediately said they don't have that one in stock (imagine that, it's my luck). Well, I asked how long it would take to get one and have it delivered.....we started the sale. This is what I learned:

1. They can't deliver it to me, because I live too far away (about 40 miles). No problem, I have a fiddy.

~and~

2. It will take about 3-4 days to deliver. It's Monday, so the latest would be Friday. I can pick it up after work.

So, we are all good till Friday. Justin told me they'll call me when it's ready.

Friday afternoon, April 27th. I call Home Depot to check to see if has arrived. It has not, but they were expecting a delivery that night. Cool, the wife can go with me Saturday morning to pick it up.

Saturday morning, April 28th. Wife calls to see if we can pick it up, but it still has not arrived. She was told that another truck was scheduled to deliver that afternoon, and someone would call if it arrives. *sigh* Ok, what's one more day, right. The one we have now works fine, it's just a tad bit small. I can dig it, chit happens.

So we waited that weekend...no phone call.

Monday, not there.
Tuesday, They don't even know where it is.
Wednesday, didn't even attempt to call.
Thursday, didn't even attempt to call.
Friday, Still not onsite.

Saturday, May 5th....the wife calls at about 8 o'clock this morning, and it's in. WOO-HOO ! ! ! The wife is excited, so naturally I am too. After all, I'm buying it for her.

We go to pick it up. I realize now that getting help in that damn place is like pulling teeth. All we wanted to do was pick up our fridge and get home. I wanted to BBQ today.

An hour and a half after being sent all over the store to see this person, and see that person, we finally found someone that would help. After about 8 phone calls, and a lot of paperwork, we were told someone is bringing it out and load into my truck. FINALLY

I pull the truck up to the front and got my straps ready. We waited for about another 15 minutes, and I sent the wife in to see WTF was up. She comes back out and tells me that it's sitting at the special services counter, and they are looking for someone to bring it out. After about another 10 minutes, I said screw it, I'll do it myself. I go in to get it, and two kids are bringing it out.

HA what a joke. These two *** clowns couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. One of the guys looked like he was 100 pounds, soaking wet with rocks in his pockets, and they sent HIM to load a FRIDGE?

Well, they weren't much help, other then helping me keep from letting it fall over. I was in the bed of the truck pulling up, and they were lifting it up (if that's what you want to call it). We (I) finally got it in the truck and I strapped that bisch down tight.

Finally, the wife has the fridge she has wanted for a long time. We're on our way home to hook it up.

It's about 40 miles from Tyler to Athens, give or take an inch. We get about a mile and a half from the house and this:

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...842-191155.jpg

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...842-191156.jpg

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...842-191157.jpg

What do ya think? Do you think I should I take it back and tell em the ice machine doesn't work?

Old 05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Lowes = free delivery

Old 05-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Lowes = free delivery

I like Lowe's better. But only because they have more girly stuff in there.

Last edited by lovetrucks; 05-06-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by lees99f150
Buying a new refrigerator for the wife : $2012.87

Proud owner of an F150 finally using his thruck to haul something : $0

Cheap tie down straps : $21

The look on Mr and Mrs Jamzwayne face when their new fridge falls out onto the street at 50mph : PRICELESS

Old 05-06-2007, 07:13 PM
ouch that sucks... my buddy bought a brand new 62inch HDTV .. yadda yadda yadda... expensive is all i know.. lost it out of the back of his truck on interstate. Not only did he lose a 5000 dollar tv.. but had to buy a crapload of tires because of everyone that got a flat because of it.. over 10,000 dollar mishap.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:15 PM
removed by user

Last edited by darkblue; 09-03-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
...they have laws against people like you
no it actually use to be a inside joke about are sales people. and to the person at said homedepot doesnt pay commission thats a lie, not all the sales area's do but the flooring, and appliance area does.

Quick Reply: $2,012.87 down the tubes ... here's a story about my luck.