Pet Peeve's on Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought of another one, anyone see those giant chrome spoilers or wings or whatever ya call them that people put on the roofs of their trucks? They are the most retarded things I've ever seen.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by TGargs10
Thought of another one, anyone see those giant chrome spoilers or wings or whatever ya call them that people put on the roofs of their trucks? They are the most retarded things I've ever seen.
These?

Ah. C'mon. At least those have a purpose. Trailer air deflectors.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Aside from the detailer pet peeves I have (ie: cleanliness, free of paint defects, etc), Here's what I hate seeing:

The murals on the tailgate (Mexican)
Anything that looks ricer
anything that makes it Mexican looking (red tint, huge cisor in the front/back, etc)
Mexican flags
Old cars lifted way too high with custom paint jobs and $3k rims and a driver on welfare
Too much chrome is annoying
When people buy a 4x4, lift it, add huge tires, and dont take it off the road
when anybody starts sporting around in vehicles that have no business sporting around...

Well...the list goes on, but those are the highlights. Needless to say, I am picky...

Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05f150715
HAHA im gonna be hated for this since most people on this forum have them but 20 inch chrome rims on a lifted truck...Its not that i hate it i jsut dont get it. why put a 20 inch rim on a lifted truck. just doenst make sense to me. eventually people are gonna start throwing 24's on there *****.
I am so with you on this. If you have a lifted truck, wouldn't you want to show beefy tires? Why thin tires and a buttload of wheel? I don't get it. I also don't like skinny tires (viewed from behind). I like the tire to stick out a little big beyond the side of the truck. Not stupid huge, but not skinny bicycle tires either.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
One of THE biggest things is the fiberglass tonneau's with wings, c'mon, it's a truck (Daytona Hemi truck guilty of this in the first degree).
I saw one of these trucks yesterday in front of me on my way to work and thought to myself:

1. Why?
2. What do you do with it when you have to load something tall in the bed?
and
3. Why again?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Aside from the detailer pet peeves I have (ie: cleanliness, free of paint defects, etc), Here's what I hate seeing:

The murals on the tailgate (Mexican)
Anything that looks ricer
anything that makes it Mexican looking (red tint, huge cisor in the front/back, etc)
Mexican flags
Old cars lifted way too high with custom paint jobs and $3k rims and a driver on welfare
Too much chrome is annoying
When people buy a 4x4, lift it, add huge tires, and dont take it off the road
when anybody starts sporting around in vehicles that have no business sporting around...

Well...the list goes on, but those are the highlights. Needless to say, I am picky...
i see at least 2 of those everday mexican trucks everyday on my way to work...hahaha

There is this one guy that i see about once a month or every other month that has a extended cab dakota with every single pep boys special addon you can get. and when i mean every im not joking. spinner hub caps, lundz vizors everywere, those metal stick on things that are in the shape of girls, the dodge emblem and flames everywere including the fender wheels. the paint is like 6 different colors and all have metal flake and i mean w crap load of metal flake, the the thing shines from a mile away. i want to take a picture of this thing but im never next to him while driving. It is the most guetto truck i have ever seen.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Chrome mirror covers - don't get me wrong, I like chrome just not in these areas.
chrome vent visors
chrome fender trim
chrome bug shields
chrome gas door covers
RV style decals (old man decals)
The Calvin and Hobbs thing for sure- you should be shot if you have one
Stickers for parts you don't even have
Chessy grilles ie spider webs.
Dealer stickers and plates
winshield washer LED's
stick on hood scoops or grilles- already said but a good one
Too many old man amber lights along the side of a truck
bush guards for taillights.
Guys that have 24's with low pro's and a bush guard

Can't think of anymore right now.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I guess I better paint over my Mexican flag from the tailgate of my truck then.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
how bout orange roof lights on anything under a F-250 or equvilant

Old 10-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant stand it when people put on a new exhaust and they think their truck is the s**t afterwards. Also when their not welded right on the exhaust pipe looks like its falling off.(seen mainly on the older body style) Thats all that comes to mind right now.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I know you guys in TX probably see a lot more Mexican crap than I do, but trust me when I say we've got our fair share over here. I used to work at a Jiffy Lube and one day I whipped a donut in the gravel/dirt parking lot. We had a Mexican taco restaurant next door (you know, the kind that's just a trailer that somebody sells tacos out of) and I hit a whole bunch of their customer's cars with pebbles. I hauled *** out of there. So needless to say a little while later I get a call on my cell from the cops, saying that if I didn't come back they would come to my house and pick me up. I go back to find out that I had dinged up a Mustang, a brand new Beamer and some POS Mexican's Chevy 1500 (which btw had pretty mcuh all the Pep Boys crap, as somebody else already said)(and there was a Pep Boys across the street, coincidence?). Two of those people left because they didn't feel like waiting around. Guess which one stayed to file a police report. Yeah I don't even need to tell you. So the woman points out these tiny dents and dings which are right in the middle of possibly the crappiest looking tailgate I have ever seen. The thing was all bent out of shape and had paint missing and scrapes all over it. So the cop tells me that I am required to pay for the damages.

About a week later the woman comes up to me (with a translator, of course) and hands me an estimate for $700. To paint a tailgate. I threw it back at her and said "There's no way in hell I'm paying for you to get some f*cking Virgin Mary mural on your ****," and I went back inside. I quit the job shortly after (for other reasons, mostly because it's Jiffy Lube) and I haven't heard from her since. Probably because she doesn't speak English.

Just thought I'd share.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
you think you have mexicans, try being in homestead

Old 10-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by CANES676400
you think you have mexicans, try being in homestead
Try living in southern california.... IT SUCKS!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Graphics Contributor
x2 on stickon hood scoops. ESPECIALLY when they dont even color match

Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Suspended
I was surprised that several of my peves were missing...

A tribute to Selena etched into the back glass...
A huge Nike sticker on the rear window...
and my most hated...
Gothic style last name in HUGE letters on the rear window.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeve's on Trucks