Pet Peeve's on Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
What about freshly washed wheels, and a dirty truck? Would your indignation be the same?
That does not compute.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual CB whips mounted to the bed of the truck, right behind the cab, and guess what....no CB in the cab

Trucks with a big *** trailer hitch and dual exhaust running straight out the back of the truck. This one drives me nuts.

All those stupid cheesy grills made of skulls, flames, spider webs, ect....

Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Photog95
Dual CB whips mounted to the bed of the truck, right behind the cab, and guess what....no CB in the cab

Trucks with a big *** trailer hitch and dual exhaust running straight out the back of the truck. This one drives me nuts.

All those stupid cheesy grills made of skulls, flames, spider webs, ect....
Dual whips and no CB... Nice.
The cheesy grills drive me NUTS also.
But, why does the exhaust drive you nuts?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
My biggest pet peeve is a slammed FX4 or Z-71, you can tell the only reason they bought the truck was for the decal on the side, or they have a sick sense of humor and stuck the decal on their lowered truck I have never really looked close enough to tell.

Aftermarket lights (either headlights or tail lights) are a close second, the only thing worse than being blinded by those stupid blue lights is barely being able to see the tiny brakelights.

And I also agree about the big wheels vs small tire thing, I prefer a beefy looking tire, and it is odd because the beefy tires are usually alot cheaper too.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see several legit responses, too much chrome is my big one. How about lifting a 2wd :P I have no problem with it, but you should if you have a problem with 20's on a lifted truck, in fact that should be the first thing you said.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I know that this will **** some off...but I hate!!!! lowered trucks...especially the slammed look.
Especially when it's a 4wd vehicle!! Why bother buying a 4x4 if you can't use it because it drags the ground??

I'm not a fan of huge rims with tiny tires, chrome gas doors and loads of stickers cluttering things up.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

i cant stand the tonneau cover with the wing on it, i see it mostly on those dodge sport trucks. i think it looks retarded.

i also cant stand a lowered truck with extremely short and extremely wide tires, it looks ridiculous.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Dual whips and no CB... Nice.
The cheesy grills drive me NUTS also.
But, why does the exhaust drive you nuts?

Ever look at the front of a camper that has spent any time behind one of these trucks? It will be covered in black crap. There is a reason why truck exhaust exits the side of the truck from the factory. If your exhaust exits the back of the vehicle you don't really have a truck. You have a vehicle and you may as well have all that other crap on it as well.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 AM
one of the things that pisses me off the most is when people change my radio presets!!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
When people buy a 4x4, lift it, add huge tires, and dont take it off the road
when anybody starts sporting around in vehicles that have no business sporting around...
What's the point?

You don't know how many times I've ran into kids that couldn't even tell me what kind of lift or how much lift they had on their truck. Posers.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by t-rev
one of the things that pisses me off the most is when people change my radio presets!!
I'm trying to come up with a smartass response but I can't

The question is "What peeves you about OTHER people's trucks?"

Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Suspended
Well, aside from the JC Whitney style mods listed already...

1.) Body lifts (Esp if it is JUST a body, and no gap guards. Sometimes body + suspension is ok...)
2.) Not a fan of black or dark wheels. They just look like steel stockers without hubcaps, or wheels covered in a year's worth of brake dust to me.
3.) Faux beadlock or rivets/dimples on wheels...too busy
4.) Just being too busy...people can't stop modding and it gets cluttered and tacky
5.) No window tint...esp if it doesn't even have factory

Guess that's about it, but the "too much chrome" is obviously at the top of my list too.

On a side note, I guess my only foul according to this list is having a lowered truck...although I think my truck does a good job of retaining a more "sporty" Lightning type stance to it than a slammed look. (Not that I mind a PROPERLY slammed truck either...everyone slams cars, whooptie friggin' do...slammed trucks, when done properly are more original and look bad ***).

Old 10-31-2007, 02:27 AM
IMO black wheels go perfect with black trucks

Old 10-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t-rev
Maybe they think their doing you a favor...

Originally Posted by captain morgan8
What's the point?

You don't know how many times I've ran into kids that couldn't even tell me what kind of lift or how much lift they had on their truck. Posers.
I've got a better one, my girlfriend told me that she was talking to this guy at school and he has an older model chevy. He's one of these prep's that think their all that. Well anyway he has an exhaust system, he wanted to add an intake, 6" lift, a body lift and bigger tires of course. Here's the kicker he wants to do all this to save on gas..????

Last edited by Hash278; 10-31-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:30 AM
rims baked with brake dust

Quick Reply: Pet Peeve's on Trucks