Pet Peeve's on Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Photog95
Ever look at the front of a camper that has spent any time behind one of these trucks? It will be covered in black crap. There is a reason why truck exhaust exits the side of the truck from the factory. If your exhaust exits the back of the vehicle you don't really have a truck. You have a vehicle and you may as well have all that other crap on it as well.
Unless its a diesel or an old clunker truck that is smoking a ton as it goes down the road, I've never seen a problem with the rear exiting exhaust. And out of all the trailer I towed with my F-150, I never noticed a problem with it either, and that truck had no cats on it, and towed at all RPMs...

Originally Posted by glc
Yuck Foo.
Bring it biatch! Which reminds me, I think I figured out my mileage problem. My front hubs are locked, and stuck in the locked position. :o

My list continued:
Body lifts, especially when the hitch/bumpers/exhaust/etc isn't raised up.
Black rims.
Tons of stickers.
Trash in the bed.

Last edited by Zaairman; 10-31-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
My list continued:
Body lifts, especially when the hitch/bumpers/exhaust/etc isn't raised up.
Black rims.
Tons of stickers.
Trash in the bed.
Damn I thought we were friends. If you ever get behind me on the interstate hopefully some beer cans will fly out of my bed and bust your windshield.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:45 PM
bullet hole stickers.....

Old 10-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I see several legit responses, too much chrome is my big one. How about lifting a 2wd :P I have no problem with it, but you should if you have a problem with 20's on a lifted truck, in fact that should be the first thing you said.
hey i take offense to that!!! I see no problem with lifting a 2 wheel drive. so cal is a lot different than northern cal. I used to live up there also and when i cruz up there everyone has a 4 wheel drive truck. thats all they sell. its kinda wierd.

Also thump im not really sure what you are talking about. Every rock crawler i have seen has a 15-16 inch rim with a 37 or bigger tire and they are true beadlocks. ive never seen a rock crawler with a chrome 20. im not talking **** on your truck, youve got a lot more money into yours then i do all im saying is 20's arent my style.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lifted trucks that never see the off road.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trucks with one PTM bumper and one Chrome bumper

Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Anything ricer (and believe me, most things people do are pretty rice like....euro tails, euro heads, wings, NEONS are a big one, hate those things......)all that crap.
Stickers EVERYWHERE, especially for stuff they dont have.

I could go on for hours. In general I just think about 75 percent of people who dont leave there vehicle stock have ZERO taste.
I got a thing also for keeping a truck or a car stock looking. There is nothing any nicer or that will bring a higher dollar value to your car or truck than a clean stocker. Now I know most of you good ole boys out there with your flowmasters and stright pipes will disagree with me but I will prove my point right now.

Go to the high dollar auto auctions like the ones they show on Speed Channel, [Barrett's Auto] and what will consistantly bring the highest dollar? The clean, correct, matching, original cars and trucks. Showroom perfect, more the better. Now, watch what happens to the ricer's car that is all riced out or trucks that have Eurotrash all over them and what happens, no one buys them. We all have seen some freaked out car or truck that is really wild sitting someplace that just sits and sits.

By the way, when my Wife was dating before we met 2 years ago, she would NEVER go out with a guy in a truck that had Truck Nutz hanging off of them. Too much Hillbilly in them she told me. They have an issue with the 'size' of themselves I suppose.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
the only reason the orignal cars go for more is because they are harder to find, and the person who buys it will barely drive it.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Adding another one and putting my flame suit on. Trucks with Grille's on stock wheels.. Always has annoyed me..

Old 10-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by CANES676400
the only reason the orignal cars go for more is because they are harder to find, and the person who buys it will barely drive it.

That's right, you said it right there. Harder to find. So you agree that stockers are worth more?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jwool15
Trucks with one PTM bumper and one Chrome bumper
Mail me $500 and I'll fix that for ya.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by jiggle
I'm trying to come up with a smartass response but I can't

The question is "What peeves you about OTHER people's trucks?"
actually i belive the threads name was "pet peeves on trucks". that being said, it is not specific to mine/his/her etc. thus making it open to ones comprehension. comprende?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by wfin2004
I got a thing also for keeping a truck or a car stock looking. There is nothing any nicer or that will bring a higher dollar value to your car or truck than a clean stocker. Now I know most of you good ole boys out there with your flowmasters and stright pipes will disagree with me but I will prove my point right now.

Go to the high dollar auto auctions like the ones they show on Speed Channel, [Barrett's Auto] and what will consistantly bring the highest dollar? The clean, correct, matching, original cars and trucks.
I myself hate stock vehicles!!! Also i could give a chit what a truck is worth for resale value. You drive the hell out of it then replace it IMO.

Another thing i will add that i hate is those lowered toyotas, mitsubishi's, isuzu's etc with the frame dragging, fart can exhaust, stickers for chit they don't have and the all mighty 4 banger, etc...

Last edited by Kevin24; 10-31-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
Mail me $500 and I'll fix that for ya.
I'm just givin ya hell capt. Weren't you gonna get a ranch hand at one point?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by wfin2004

Go to the high dollar auto auctions like the ones they show on Speed Channel, [Barrett's Auto] and what will consistantly bring the highest dollar? The clean, correct, matching, original cars and trucks. Showroom perfect, more the better. Now, watch what happens to the ricer's car that is all riced out or trucks that have Eurotrash all over them and what happens, no one buys them. We all have seen some freaked out car or truck that is really wild sitting someplace that just sits and sits.

By the way, when my Wife was dating before we met 2 years ago, she would NEVER go out with a guy in a truck that had Truck Nutz hanging off of them. Too much Hillbilly in them she told me. They have an issue with the 'size' of themselves I suppose.
I agree with the truck nutz deal, but if I am going to shell out the coin for a truck I am going to have fun with it. Besides in 10 years who really cares what kind of exhaust a 15 year old truck with 200k miles has? Whoever buys it will be happy it just has a exhaust system period. If you want to invest money a vehicle is a pretty poor choice, who knows what the market will be like in 40 years. Not to mention a truck they make almost a million of a year is worse yet.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeve's on Trucks