Now this is our 2009 F-150! Simply Amazing work of art!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Four of the Five Ford Trucks we've owned were powered by the 4.6L. Thinking I was missing something (from how much the 5.4L is raved about here), I got the 5.4L in my 2003 Expedition. I gotta tell ya, I never felt my 4.6L's were underpowered, and was never impressed by the extra 30 ponies and 50-60 lb./ft. from the 5.4L.
Hi Bighersh. I don't feel this is a fair because you compared the power between the 2V 4.6 and the 2V 5.4. If you had tried 5.4 3V (even tho it wasn't available then) I think you would have noticed a difference. I've driven both (06 4.6 2v F150 and 05 5.4 3V F150) and there's definitely a difference.

Most of the raving around here is on the 5.4 3V, at least from what I've gathered.

Cheers

Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Well , I think Bigherse needs a sports car - Comparing the F150 or Expy 5.4L 2v to a BMW or an Escape rediculess. It's s friggen truck man. What have you pulled with it? That's what the 5.4L is based upon and meant to do - Work!!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Angry this truck is UGLY.

I am a very proud owner of a 2004 FX4 Supercab f150. I LOVE my truck and I am without a doubt a Ford guy but I am very disappointed in the design team of Ford for creating this Tundra wanna be. I thought the 04-08 models had a touch of class coupled with a rigid capabilities. I hate the rear taillights as well as the huge obnoxious front lights. The grill on the FX4 is the about the best looking grill out of the bunch but it is still ugly. It seems like Ford tried too hard on the Platnium model. About the only good thing on this new Ford is the interior. I have to hand it to ford on that. The inside looks great. I have a few reservation about the radio; it leaves little room for upgrade or aftermarket acces. I dont mean to comlain so much but I was really looking forward to seeing this new truck. I am glad I have my truck.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by tdpwildcat
I am a very proud owner of a 2004 FX4 Supercab f150. I LOVE my truck and I am without a doubt a Ford guy but I am very disappointed in the design team of Ford for creating this Tundra wanna be. I thought the 04-08 models had a touch of class coupled with a rigid capabilities. I hate the rear taillights as well as the huge obnoxious front lights. The grill on the FX4 is the about the best looking grill out of the bunch but it is still ugly. It seems like Ford tried too hard on the Platnium model. About the only good thing on this new Ford is the interior. I have to hand it to ford on that. The inside looks great. I have a few reservation about the radio; it leaves little room for upgrade or aftermarket acces. I dont mean to comlain so much but I was really looking forward to seeing this new truck. I am glad I have my truck.
awaiting the following replies to this post:

1. Your nothing but a troll!

2. Why are you even here?

3. Go away!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SMIGGS

3. Go away!
Trolls have opinions too, and his happens to be a correct assessment.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:26 PM

I thought the 04's were kinduh fugly when they first came out. Well, until I seen them in person and out on the road.

But that statement ,quote: "I am very disappointed in the design team of Ford for creating this Tundra wanna be." Isn't to cool.

I mean Why are you even here? That's not an opinion really - It's incorrect , Ford didn't copy. Not even close IMO .

Last edited by jbrew; 01-14-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by tdpwildcat
-This truck looks nothing like the Tundra.
- 04-08 Models were classy and capable, but Ford has gotta keep up with change to keep selling trucks.
-I agree all the grills suck on the 09
-I also agree with your comments about the Platnium, reminds me of grills in a rap video,
-I do not get the radio complaints. The days of aftermarket radios are gone.... The 09 has a 700 watt system with a sub and surround sound, ipod hook-up, mp3 capability, multiple disk changer, satallite radio and a 8 speaker system all with a factory warranty.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd get a black 09 XLT in a heartbeat, but my truck is going to keep me happy for many years to come before that ever happens. It's nice to let the bugs work their way out on new model years regardless, plus you get improvements in the same model when you wait a few years. I didn't wait when I bought an 05 Focus (timing), but knock on wood, it hasn't been into the dealership once (I lied; had all leather seats replaced due to cracking).

I'd love to see an interior shot of the XLT.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Well , I think Bigherse needs a sports car - Comparing the F150 or Expy 5.4L 2v to a BMW or an Escape rediculess. It's s friggen truck man. What have you pulled with it? That's what the 5.4L is based upon and meant to do - Work!!
A few things Brew...

Yes, I'd love to have a sports car, but it's impractical for me right now. However, I'm not looking for a sports car, in a truck. Afterall, I don't work for Car & Driver.

I never "compared" the F-150 or Expedition to the BMW, my comment was a compliment of how well Ford is doing with their steering. No one expects an F-150 to handle like a Bimmer, especially me. But it's nice when the effort (from Ford) is noticeable.

I said (in so many words) I was impressed with how well Ford is doing the steering, and that (in so many words) it feels very well connected. Just because a truck is built for work, doesn't mean it has to have soupy steering.

I didn't compare the engine to anything built by BMW (or anyone aside from Ford). I said the 5.4L didn't blow my skirt up, compared to the 4.6L. Sorry- that's how I feel, not impressed.

I've towed a 6' X 12' foot U-Haul trailer, jammed packed with stuff, over 400 miles- with my 4.6L V8 Expedition XLT Sport. This was with 20" rims, low profile tires, four adults, two dogs, and a bunch of luggage. This was done @ 80 MPH in 100 degree Louisiana & Texas heat. I passed everything but a gas station, and the Expy never missed a beat.

Perhaps the 5.4L would have performed better, but I was not disappointed with the 4.6L 2V's performance. It's still running, 79,000 miles, 7 years old, and still running on the same battery, and everything else. All we've had to change on that joker is the oil, a set of tires, and the brake pads.

With my 2003 Expy, I never had the occasion to tow anything. I was so impressed with how well the 4.6L did, after hearing how "underpowered" folks said it was. I doubt the 5.4L would have impressed me. I would've expected nothing less from the 5.4L (Except maybe worse gas mileage) seeing that it's a part of the "tow package" and all.

Nothing against the 5.4L. I liked it too, I'm just saying 5.4L owners have no validity in looking down their noses at 4.6L drivers... Unless of course, they're driving a Harley Davidson (SC) F-150, or Lightning.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM

Well, okay on most of that. But, if your THAT impressed by the 4six as far as towing. The 5.4L WILL blow your skirt up. It's like night and day down low. Try it once.

Personally - When that twin turbo F150 becomes available - I'll be all over that.

Last edited by jbrew; 01-14-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by SMIGGS

3. Go away!

why should he? He was honest and expressed his point in a fair manner. You over and over again express your love for toyota while badmouthing ford, did i mention over and over again?

Old 01-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
I'd get a black 09 XLT in a heartbeat, but my truck is going to keep me happy for many years to come before that ever happens. It's nice to let the bugs work their way out on new model years regardless, plus you get improvements in the same model when you wait a few years. I didn't wait when I bought an 05 Focus (timing), but knock on wood, it hasn't been into the dealership once (I lied; had all leather seats replaced due to cracking).

I'd love to see an interior shot of the XLT.
Oh, and I forgot to mention; even if the new 5.4 is only 10-20 hp more, with the corresponding torque, I'd still get it. I have no complaints on my existing 5.4.
Hopefully, the EPA ratings on the new Triton are a bit better. The 5.4 3v gets the same mileage as the 2V 4.6 anyway (or darn close), because it doesn't have to work as hard.

Hell, the 4.6 Exploder gets the same mileage as a full size 04-08 F150 with a 5.4

Last edited by last5oh_302; 01-14-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
why should he? He was honest and expressed his point in a fair manner. You over and over again express your love for toyota while badmouthing ford, did i mention over and over again?
Please, feel free to post ANY proof of where I state my love for Toyota. Yes, that is a challenge put towards you....

If not, please, do resort to name calling and insults.

What is so different on how I expressed my opinion?

Old 01-14-2008, 04:41 PM
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this is a repost in advance, but in this picture it look's like the third tail light is smoked.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by rsbeachbum2
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this is a repost in advance, but in this picture it look's like the third tail light is smoked.

nice find beachbum!

and smiggs, in the numerous debates over the tundra, you are ALWAYS defending the tundra against a group of diehard ford guys, thats enough proof of love for me.

Quick Reply: Now this is our 2009 F-150! Simply Amazing work of art!!!!!!