Toby Keith

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Why not put this into the "General" section if it's going to be a thread about TK?
Agreed & moved.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-31-2008, 03:45 PM
I dont know if you havent noticed but jeans with "holes" in them have become something of a fashion thing whether you like them or not, and i wish more people had american pride like Toby Keith.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo

More like somebody is flustered because they aren't hearing what they want to.....

I case you have misunderstood yourself, you did start this thread about Toby Keith correct? Hint: read title....

Old 01-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by tardman91
Toby Keith is a douchebag. I haven't liked him since he went all "Captain-America."
I agree, but the timing of when he went all patriotic coincides with when I really just didn't like the guy. Sure he claims to be all red, white, and blue (who am I to say he's not, more power to him) but he's still a jackass, I don't care what he drives or what nation's flag he's wavin'.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by supachargd2k5
I dont know if you havent noticed but jeans with "holes" in them have become something of a fashion thing whether you like them or not, and i wish more people had american pride like Toby Keith.
Yeah, right, and the other people there in attendance had holes in their pants too.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Stealth
Yeah, right, and the other people there in attendance had holes in their pants too.
I agree the pant's thing is a little lame, but I don't think its that big of a deal. Toby is there to bring the rough, tuff country image to the F-150, if Ford feels ripped jeans helps accomplish that than more power to em

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by scott1981
I agree the pant's thing is a little lame, but I don't think its that big of a deal. Toby is there to bring the rough, tuff country image to the F-150, if Ford feels ripped jeans helps accomplish that than more power to em
I think the truck's toughness speaks for itself, no need for a goon to promote it.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Suspended
I think the truck's toughness speaks for itself, no need for a goon to promote it.
It's a write off

Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Blindly following a truck brand (don't get me wrong, I like me Ford well enough) is good. Loving America...bad. Roger that

Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
I agree the pant's thing is a little lame, but I don't think its that big of a deal. Toby is there to bring the rough, tuff country image to the F-150,
That's exactly what they were trying to accomplish. They appeased the country backwoods hick one toothed wonder crowd, and then moved over to the redneck, gun rack in the back NASCAR fans. This was in the full vid of the big F150 intro. The Nascar part took place right after they did their dealio with this Toby fella.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM
They're just trying to maximize their market. I had heard on the radio one time that more millionaires drive an F150 than any other kind of vehicle in the US. And I don't doubt it. So why not appeal to the mass audience.

TK has the talent and image to appeal to most people. Most people who would buy an F150 anyway. Let him look like a stereotypical cowboy, hick, hilbilly, redneck, whatever, who cares. If it sells trucks, thats all that matters.

Last edited by jk007; 01-31-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Suspended
Toby Keith can't even dress properly for the occasion. His momma should slap him. Plus that truck looks hideous. He should have driven my truck out there.
Wow, amazing. Your incessant desire to be negative has driven you to the point of posting negativity that doesn't even come close to making sense. Not only that, but you make yourself look like a dumb negative Nancy instead of just being a negative Nancy.

It's Toby Keith, aka COUNTRY super star. The guy was chosen to be a spokesman for Ford because he previously HAD and loved his Ford trucks, AND he represented and related to a particular demographic. That demographic wears jeans.

So how stupid would it be to have Toby Keith come out in a suit and tie? The only thing dumber than that was your post.

...and FWIW, his jeans are probably worth more than your nicest outfit

Old 01-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Wow, amazing. Your incessant desire to be negative has driven you to the point of posting negativity that doesn't even come close to making sense. Not only that, but you make yourself look like a dumb negative Nancy instead of just being a negative Nancy.

It's Toby Keith, aka COUNTRY super star. The guy was chosen to be a spokesman for Ford because he previously HAD and loved his Ford trucks, AND he represented and related to a particular demographic. That demographic wears jeans.

So how stupid would it be to have Toby Keith come out in a suit and tie? The only thing dumber than that was your post.

He's got a point Stealth. It seems like you have been "on the rag" these last few days.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lumadar

Originally Posted by jk007
He's got a point Stealth. It seems like you have been "on the rag" these last few days.
He could have at least worn new jeans. Get a grip, clowns.

Quick Reply: Toby Keith