2008 Daytona 500 winner Predictions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
You know, Montoya did nothing wrong. Bowyer should have not moved down late in the way when Montoya was leading the freight train. Bowyer deserved it for reacting too slow.

ive watched the replay and im going to say there was no "freight train" montoya was leading. It was more like him and kyle busch, and youll see as soon as montoya creeps up on bowyer, there is some space between busch and montoya. Bowyer moved back down into the low line, with plenty of time in which he wasnt in the way. He sees montoya comin up, and montoya does not let off at all, even with some space behind him, and tries dipping down, bowyer moves up, and of course, montoya gets him. Montoya could have let off, then he would have pushed bowyer into the turn, probably later spinning him out. It was a lose/lose situation with bowyer to have montoya behind him, as it would be for any driver with montoya behind them. Burton shoud not have tried passing bowyer so early, there were still 20 laps to go. I just saw a post-race show, looks like bowyer wasnt too happy with burton, and burton didnt quite understand it, but thats all they had.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's not how I saw it. You weren't even watching the race.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by Stealth
That's not how I saw it. You weren't even watching the race.

I wasn't? Whoa, i didnt know there were 2 races on today

Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 PM

It seems that way. You must have been wearing blinders to what was actually happening.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Graphics Contributor

Ill just stop here .

Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Fair enough.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Graphics Contributor
I'm too bummed to argue about something that was a lose/lose situation for bowyer anyways.

How about Robby Gordon tho, who woulda thought hed be up there?
Bobby Labonte too!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 PM

That I did notice, and I like those guys finishing high, especially Gordon.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Toyota did pretty well.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ian51279
Toyota did pretty well.
Toyota sucks! I hope they go winless for another season after spending a enough cash to pay the entire deficit.........

Old 02-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Toyota sucks???? What race were you watching? Like i said in another post, I dont know how happy I am with Yota running Nascar too, but they finished 3-4 and could have VERY easily finished 1-2-3 as Stewart led a LOT of laps, Kyle led the most laps, and Denny Hamlin led the second most laps of a 500 mi. race. Gibbs had that race locked down for sure.
I am a huge stewart fan and have loved him since the days he started racing dirt at about the same time I started. He is probably the best racer in Nascar today whether you like him or not. He doesnt always have the best car like some of the Hendricks drivers, and he doesnt always have the drafting help in the big tracks like the Hendricks boys do,,,,but he is always up there figthing with them anyway, and makes several come from the end runs in may races.
Got to give him a ton of credit whether you like him or not.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
ive watched the replay and im going to say there was no "freight train" montoya was leading. It was more like him and kyle busch, and youll see as soon as montoya creeps up on bowyer, there is some space between busch and montoya. Bowyer moved back down into the low line, with plenty of time in which he wasnt in the way. He sees montoya comin up, and montoya does not let off at all, even with some space behind him, and tries dipping down, bowyer moves up, and of course, montoya gets him. Montoya could have let off, then he would have pushed bowyer into the turn, probably later spinning him out. It was a lose/lose situation with bowyer to have montoya behind him, as it would be for any driver with montoya behind them. Burton shoud not have tried passing bowyer so early, there were still 20 laps to go. I just saw a post-race show, looks like bowyer wasnt too happy with burton, and burton didnt quite understand it, but thats all they had.
Watch it again.

Bowyer wasn't upset with Jeff, Jeff was mad at Bowyer ..

Bowyer wasn't moving to get in front of JPM, he was going with the car in front of him, (can't remember, and don't have it DVR'd) and didn't see JPM.

Burton was upset because Bowyer didn't stick with hi, put himself at risk, got taken out, and cost Jeff (and Clint) a chance to win the 500.

Clint was upset because he didn't agree with Jeff telling him that he was too impatient, and should have still be sticking with his teammate with that many laps left.

Jeff is correct, btw. JPM could have lifted sightly and not taken him out, but Clint was in a hurry, and made a bad move.

Quick Reply: 2008 Daytona 500 winner Predictions?