something at sears

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something at sears

long story short sears tried to screw my sister and got caught. i now have a $50 giftcard from sears at my disposal. what to spend it on??

Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM
First thing that comes to mind would be putting it towards a shop vac?

I really need to get one...

Old 03-27-2008, 07:24 PM
got a 20 gallon sitting in the garage. thinking maybe oil, tie down straps and a multimeter. if theres no detailing supplies i could pick up.

Last edited by cookdawg06; 03-27-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Jack, jack stands, torque wrench, or any tool you might need.

Kevin

Old 03-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
50 "Women of Sears" calendars???

Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by khindal
Jack, jack stands, torque wrench, or any tool you might need.

Kevin

thats my "need" list right now
i say go with those things

Old 03-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Any sort of Craftsman tools you might want.. those things still have that lifetime unconditional warranty..

I have a love/hate thing with Sears.. but they've never even asked me "how the hell did this get broken?" when I've returned a tool.

Or just get $50 worth of some ToughSkins or GrrAnimals.. LOL

Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
stands are 29.99 i think for the nice ones, and grab a pack of extentions or wobbles for ratchets, which ever you need more

Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Suspended
PS: Don't ever order anything from Sears.com. I ordered a socket that couldn't be found at any store and I didn't want to drive back so I figured I'd give it a shot. The socket didn't ship for 5 days and than it ultimately took 2.5 weeks to get to me !! Not to mention shipping was more than the socket + I paid sales tax as if it was coming from within the state !!

Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
PS: Don't ever order anything from Sears.com. I ordered a socket that couldn't be found at any store and I didn't want to drive back so I figured I'd give it a shot. The socket didn't ship for 5 days and than it ultimately took 2.5 weeks to get to me !! Not to mention shipping was more than the socket + I paid sales tax as if it was coming from within the state !!
Dude, not only that but Sears.com has been caught and has acknowledged, and not apologized, that their site uploads malicious tracking software. Bad, bad stuff.

NEVER EVER order anything via sears.com!!

Old 03-29-2008, 03:45 AM
only one letter comes to my mind, g, one maybe two people know why

Old 03-29-2008, 03:54 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by cookdawg06
long story short sears tried to screw my sister and got caught. i now have a $50 giftcard from sears at my disposal. what to spend it on??
I wanna hear how they tried to screw your sister... Seriously, not trying to pun ya.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I wanna hear how they tried to screw your sister... Seriously, not trying to pun ya.
I agree.Then get a set of gear wrenches

Old 03-30-2008, 11:29 AM
lol didn't catch that. oops. but anyways late november she calls me and says her car wont start. she jumps it and it starts. this happened again the next day so i told her to take it somewhere to have the battery checked. (shes over an hour away.) She didn't want to take it to some hole-in-the-wall shop so she took it to sears. They told her that her battery was bad and she would need a new one. so they "replaced" the battery for a total of $120. $80 for the battery and $40 for the labor. He said it took two hours of labor to remove a support beam, windshield washer fluid tank and air filter box. She didn't feel like arguing with the guy and really had no other resort so she paid in cash and left. Came home for easter and her car would not start. she couldn't jump it. i got home hooked up the charger/jumper and it indeed wouldn't jump so i charged it for a bit. still wouldn't start. took the battery out a total of 20 minutes and 7 bolts and one hose clamp. took it to an auto parts store where it tested it, charged yes draw failed. He said it was about useless as possible. We head up to sears. guy says i have to test it before i can warranty it out and its going to take up to 40 minutes. I yelled at him and told him to hook a normal little tester up instead of a d-bag one. he insisted on the simulator one. came back within a minute and said it failed. i said i know. he didn't like me. He scanned the date code and said he could only give her a $13 credit because it was so old. wait a second she just bought it in November. He said no this is from December 2000. She bought her car in the spring of 2001 and we did some maintenance to it including the battery. He tries to look up her purchase with no luck because the guy who ripped her off didn't put it in the system. Her receipt is an hour away so she takes the credit and buys a new battery. Goes back to Ann Arbor and chews the guy out. The manager was disgusted with the guy and he is lucky i have not been there yet. They refunded her all her money. gave her the battery for free and gave her a $50 gift card for the labor and hassle. thus how i now have a gift card to use.

have the jack and stands. thinking a good set of tie-down straps because i never can find any, a multimeter and maybe a torque wrench. or oil.

Quick Reply: something at sears