Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Awesome! Sounds like a good time.
Ive always wanted to go, and since Im out here for a year might as well enjoy it

Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Lariat
Ive always wanted to go, and since Im out here for a year might as well enjoy it
Yep, and do it while you're still young.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Yep, and do it while you're still young.
I've still got a few more years left of that, still want to climb on the back of a bull that isnt in my cousin's pasture and see how long I can last

Stampede and to see an NHL game again are the two things I want to do while I'm out here, only been to two since '97.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:50 PM

I've still got a few more years left of that, still want to climb on the back of a bull that isnt in my cousin's pasture and see how long I can last

Stampede and to see an NHL game again are the two things I want to do while I'm out here, only been to two since '97.
Well, hopefully you won't be watching an NHL game from the handicapped section of the Saddledome.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, hopefully you won't be watching an NHL game from the handicapped section of the Saddledome.
Are you kidding? Those are primo rinkside seats

Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 PM

Are you kidding? Those are primo rinkside seats
Good thinking!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Good thinking!!!
And to have people bringing everything you order right to your seat, I had to pay a premium to get that service at the MTS Center back home

Old 07-03-2009, 09:06 PM

And to have people bringing everything you order right to your seat, I had to pay a premium to get that service at the MTS Center back home
I got to see a Stars/Canucks playoff game a few years back at the AAC, man that was so damn fun. The atmosphere was electric. Those Sedin twins are good, and Luongo stopped darn near everything. Love me some NHL playoffs.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I got to see a Stars/Canucks playoff game a few years back at the AAC, man that was so damn fun. The atmosphere was electric. Those Sedin twins are good, and Luongo stopped darn near everything. Love me some NHL playoffs.
I got to see one of the Jet's last games at the old "Barn" Winnipeg Arena, what an atmosphere I was young but I still remember how pumped everyone was even though they all knew at the beginning of the season it was the last. Last game I saw was a Wild game in Minneapolis a few years ago. Would love to see the Flames and Sens play eachother. Never had the chance to see a playoff game, but that must be an experience to remember.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 PM

I got to see one of the Jet's last games at the old "Barn" Winnipeg Arena, what an atmosphere I was young but I still remember how pumped everyone was even though they all knew at the beginning of the season it was the last. Last game I saw was a Wild game in Minneapolis a few years ago. Would love to see the Flames and Sens play eachother. Never had the chance to see a playoff game, but that must be an experience to remember.
I don't care what NHL game is playing, I'd go watch it. Hockey is always fun to watch, a true sport IMO.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't care what NHL game is playing, I'd go watch it. Hockey is always fun to watch, a true sport IMO.
I never miss a game when I have the chance to watch it. If I have the time off this winter when games are on driving the 90 miles or so is worth it to see. Hockey is THE sport, glad I had the chance to play in an actual NHL arena back home when I was a kid, what an experience skating on the same ice as Teemu Selani, Doug Gilmour, Ed Belfour, Ed Olczyk and all the other greats.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:29 PM

I never miss a game when I have the chance to watch it. If I have the time off this winter when games are on driving the 90 miles or so is worth it to see. Hockey is THE sport, glad I had the chance to play in an actual NHL arena back home when I was a kid, what an experience skating on the same ice as Teemu Selani, Doug Gilmour, Ed Belfour, Ed Olczyk and all the other greats.
I played Hockey on a tennis court.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I played Hockey on a tennis court.
thats better than my parents driveway when their Colony Park wagon became the boards. Seems they dont think its as great when the back window becomes the net

Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 PM

thats better than my parents driveway when their Colony Park wagon became the boards. Seems they dont think its as great when the back window becomes the net

Chain link fence doesn't make good boards. We made goals out of PVC and had construction zone plastic fencing for nets. One guy had his grandma sew pillows in his shorts. He wasn't a good skater.

I'm 6'2" and one bud of mine is 5'8". We were on opposing teams and heading towards each other down the boards for a loose hockey ball (best on concrete, roller hockey). I would have killed him, so I broke off, but so did he. His head hit my head, I kind of turtled so I wouldn't kill him and his forehead hit my left eyebrow. Yep, no helmets. Gave me a good shiner.

We didn't get helmets until I took a three ball roller puck to the forehead one time, by the same guy. I was bleeding pretty bad from that one.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Chain link fence doesn't make good boards. We made goals out of PVC and had construction zone plastic fencing for nets. One guy had his grandma sew pillows in his shorts. He wasn't a good skater.

I'm 6'2" and one bud of mine is 5'8". We were on opposing teams and heading towards each other down the boards for a loose hockey ball (best on concrete, roller hockey). I would have killed him, so I broke off, but so did he. His head hit my head, I kind of turtled so I wouldn't kill him and his forehead hit my left eyebrow. Yep, no helmets. Gave me a good shiner.

We didn't get helmets until I took a three ball roller puck to the forehead one time, by the same guy. I was bleeding pretty bad from that one.
Sounds like my buddy and me, hes 6'2 and around 280 and I'm 6 and 210. We played together for years, he never was very good on skates but has one hell of a shot and can throw his weight around with the best of them. Well one day we were down at the community rink, of course no helmets or anything other than skates, gloves and sticks playing 1 on 1. Well he was coming up along the boards and I figured no way in hell he is getting around me so I go to just slow up to stop him, well he lays it on and we both go tumbling through the open gate into the bench. Long story short we get back to his place and he has a broken nose and I have a nice gash in my eyebrow, the look on his now wife's face was priceless.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......