Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Lariat
Sounds like my buddy and me, hes 6'2 and around 280 and I'm 6 and 210. We played together for years, he never was very good on skates but has one hell of a shot and can throw his weight around with the best of them. Well one day we were down at the community rink, of course no helmets or anything other than skates, gloves and sticks playing 1 on 1. Well he was coming up along the boards and I figured no way in hell he is getting around me so I go to just slow up to stop him, well he lays it on and we both go tumbling through the open gate into the bench. Long story short we get back to his place and he has a broken nose and I have a nice gash in my eyebrow, the look on his now wife's face was priceless.
Good stuff!!!

Yeah, my wife wasn't happy when I took the puck to the forehead. Right when it his I threw off the gloves and put my hand on my forehead. Before I got to the bench (outdoor basketball court that time) blood was dripping off my elbow. I went home and my wife was pissed!!!

I made her go buy some butterfly bandaids, worked great. Still have the scar, but it was worth it. Not too many people down here can say they have a scar from a hockey puck.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Good stuff!!!

Yeah, my wife wasn't happy when I took the puck to the forehead. Right when it his I threw off the gloves and put my hand on my forehead. Before I got to the bench (outdoor basketball court that time) blood was dripping off my elbow. I went home and my wife was pissed!!!

I made her go buy some butterfly bandaids, worked great. Still have the scar, but it was worth it. Not too many people down here can say they have a scar from a hockey puck.
that must be rare thing down there. My dad and uncle both have the hockey player grins when they take out their dentures from pucks. Cant see my scar behind my eyebrow, but I have a nice one on my left wrist from a skate blade. That and the bum knee, guess the doctor was right that I should have sat out the rest of that season, ah well

His wife was freakin out with the amount of blood. He got some cotton ***** and I grabbed a few of those butterflys then we sat down with a 12 pack

Can't wait to teach his son the art. His wife keeps saying I am to have no contact with him when he can understand me

Old 07-03-2009, 10:03 PM

that must be rare thing down there. My dad and uncle both have the hockey player grins when they take out their dentures from pucks. Cant see my scar behind my eyebrow, but I have a nice one on my left wrist from a skate blade. That and the bum knee, guess the doctor was right that I should have sat out the rest of that season, ah well

His wife was freakin out with the amount of blood. He got some cotton ***** and I grabbed a few of those butterflys then we sat down with a 12 pack

Can't wait to teach his son the art. His wife keeps saying I am to have no contact with him when he can understand me
Haha!

You know what I use my hockey stick for these days? Pooper scooper. Well, actually it's a pooper wrister.

I'm a left shot. I'm pretty good with the pooper wrister. One day I went cookie jar right over the neighbor's 6' wood stockade fence.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Haha!

You know what I use my hockey stick for these days? Pooper scooper. Well, actually it's a pooper wrister.

I'm a left shot. I'm pretty good with the pooper wrister. One day I went cookie jar right over the neighbor's 6' wood stockade fence.
the wrist shot is a very valuable skill. Used my old spare stick to shoot gravel off the lawn back home, had one go over the fence and took a chunk of paint off the Cougar.

I think mine is gonna be a coat rack this winter, there isnt any rinks in this town. Just one of those arenas with all the sissy leasure skate rules I wish they still made my stick, $9 Sherwood Featherlite. Ive had it for 8 years, scared to break it, but it feels so perfect in my hands.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 PM

the wrist shot is a very valuable skill. Used my old spare stick to shoot gravel off the lawn back home, had one go over the fence and took a chunk of paint off the Cougar.

I think mine is gonna be a coat rack this winter, there isnt any rinks in this town. Just one of those arenas with all the sissy leasure skate rules I wish they still made my stick, $9 Sherwood Featherlite. Ive had it for 8 years, scared to break it, but it feels so perfect in my hands.
I have a cheap *** wood shafted stick. Since we play(ed) on concrete the blades wore down pretty quick. I think mine is a Mission.

It stays outside all year. With 4 dogs it sees plenty of action.

I also use it to clean leaves out of my rain gutters on the house. Valuable pieces these hockey sticks are.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I have a cheap *** wood shafted stick. Since we play(ed) on concrete the blades wore down pretty quick. I think mine is a Mission.

It stays outside all year. With 4 dogs it sees plenty of action.

I also use it to clean leaves out of my rain gutters on the house. Valuable pieces these hockey sticks are.
I always use an aluminum shaft for road hockey. The blades are easy to replace with a blowtorch. I always had my Golden carry my stick home from the rink, not a mark on it, he knew it was important and to be gentle I have alot of old ones sitting around that I use to clean gutters, get rid of raccons etc. very versatile tools

Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 PM

I always use an aluminum shaft for road hockey. The blades are easy to replace with a blowtorch. I always had my Golden carry my stick home from the rink, not a mark on it, he knew it was important and to be gentle I have alot of old ones sitting around that I use to clean gutters, get rid of raccons etc. very versatile tools
Yep, even way down here in Texas. Well, at least the ones smart enough to know use them.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Yep, even way down here in Texas. Well, at least the ones smart enough to know use them.
Not the ones who wonder what that there weird contraption is

Old 07-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
i hope i get enough done tomorrow

Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Theres always the next day

Old 07-03-2009, 10:40 PM

Not the ones who wonder what that there weird contraption is
Well, my one neighbor knows what one is, my best friend. Don't tell him I've shot a few poo piles over his fence.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
i hope i get enough done tomorrow
Working on the truck? Ever figure out the oil consumption issue?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, my one neighbor knows what one is, my best friend. Don't tell him I've shot a few poo piles over his fence.
your secret is safe with me. Theres nothing wrong with having a little fun and letting them wonder who the jerk is who is doing it.

Like my buddy, to this day he still thinks it was some damn kids who tied his door ***** to his step railings

Old 07-03-2009, 11:03 PM

your secret is safe with me. Theres nothing wrong with having a little fun and letting them wonder who the jerk is who is doing it.

Like my buddy, to this day he still thinks it was some damn kids who tied his door ***** to his step railings
He'll never know. He has dogs too.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:06 PM
He'll never know. He has dogs too.
The perfect crime

Quick Reply: Let's start over......