Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Just got screwed by this mechanic. Truck is having misfire codes. Plug started to break and he quit saying he couldn't do it in case a problem occurred. (I had asked before if they could do this) Screamed at me on the phone. Appointment with Ford in the morning to run diagnostic. I'm removing my Gryphon after I post this. I'm gonna have to switch to stock. I have 93 in tank so I should be ok. I'm so shaken up about this. I got shafted.
Might as well just have Ford do the work....at least they won't try to hand it off.....
Sounds like the mechanic was all mouth and no brains....basically in over his head...

Crappy deal......

Old 12-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Yup you got it. Truck is back to stock as much as I can. DWV intake back to factory snorkel and gryphon removed and programmed back to stock. I am in shock this happened. I'll elaborate later. BBB is being contacted next week. I'm so upset about this.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:21 PM

Taking it over now since we are getting snow

Old 12-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Just got screwed by this mechanic. Truck is having misfire codes. Plug started to break and he quit saying he couldn't do it in case a problem occurred. (I had asked before if they could do this) Screamed at me on the phone. Appointment with Ford in the morning to run diagnostic. I'm removing my Gryphon after I post this. I'm gonna have to switch to stock. I have 93 in tank so I should be ok. I'm so shaken up about this. I got shafted.
at least he didn't yank the head off...

Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by tarajerame
At least he got lucky there....

Old 12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had to have a D9 cat pull out the Super Duty today, for some reason they don't go through snow up the two tone on the bottom of the door, but I couldn't see the drift cause of blowing snow, all the sudden I hit it and snow come rolling over the hood lol.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Good to know....

Thanx Patrick!
my apologies, i meant 2008 :o

Old 12-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by tarajerame
At least he got lucky there....
I smelt gas when I got it home the first time. I immediately thought about broken plug. P0301 came on then random misfire code below 1000rpm or w/e came on. Drove to him again after he told me to come back so he could look and he said they couldn't do anything. Like seriously?!?!?! WTF are they doing in business then?!? He called a local Ford dealer and master tech apparently and said I would be looking at a huge bill, but none of them want to touch it. Said something about Ford requires you to sign a waiver of up to 4k in repairs. He said to take it back home and I left. What annoys me is when I first picked it up he said it would be ok. I felt a difference with the TB cleaned (only charged me 50 bucks) but it means nothing at this point. He said he had started pulling one plug (2nd one I believe) and it just spun around. Said someone had been down there. Um no there wasn't. Just irks me to no end. If you can't get broken plugs out and can only do them when it goes smoothly... why take my truck? My dad told me to call him and tell him to fix it or we would send him the ford bill. That didn't go over well. I don't get upset at people, but he really made me mad. My brother got on pretending to be my dad and wanted to know why it was ok to touch the truck and not do anything about it misfiring now... which it never did until I got it back. He tried to blame my Gryphon, someone else, expect the shop. You partailly started taking out a plug... it becomes your fault... doesn't it? He screamed at me and said I wasn't handling it right when all I wanted was to know how it is ok to send back a truck worse than you got it? He said he'd change the plugs to see if it helped and said to stay away from the shop after that or he would take it personally. He hung up and called me 2 hours later asking me nicely where I was since I never came down. I said I am taking it to Ford in the morning and am not interested. I was very polite and he seemed surprised but said I would probably get screwed $$ wise but said ok. I thanked him for the TB cleaning and said have a nice day.

I called one of the local local Fords (Rodman Ford) and brought it down for an 8am appointment to read the diagnostics. The CEL went out once I took out my Gryphon but my dad said not to tell them what was going on with the truck and let them figure it out. I guess I'll see what turn up. I thought I would have my truck back but I got screwed today and all I need is the Vaseline to finish it off.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:35 PM
so whats it cost to have a new motor, a new 4.6, in my 05?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I smelt gas when I got it home the first time. I immediately thought about broken plug. P0301 came on then random misfire code below 1000rpm or w/e came on. Drove to him again after he told me to come back so he could look and he said they couldn't do anything. Like seriously?!?!?! WTF are they doing in business then?!? He called a local Ford dealer and master tech apparently and said I would be looking at a huge bill, but none of them want to touch it. Said something about Ford requires you to sign a waiver of up to 4k in repairs. He said to take it back home and I left. What annoys me is when I first picked it up he said it would be ok. I felt a difference with the TB cleaned (only charged me 50 bucks) but it means nothing at this point. He said he had started pulling one plug (2nd one I believe) and it just spun around. Said someone had been down there. Um no there wasn't. Just irks me to no end. If you can't get broken plugs out and can only do them when it goes smoothly... why take my truck? My dad told me to call him and tell him to fix it or we would send him the ford bill. That didn't go over well. I don't get upset at people, but he really made me mad. My brother got on pretending to be my dad and wanted to know why it was ok to touch the truck and not do anything about it misfiring now... which it never did until I got it back. He tried to blame my Gryphon, someone else, expect the shop. You partailly started taking out a plug... it becomes your fault... doesn't it? He screamed at me and said I wasn't handling it right when all I wanted was to know how it is ok to send back a truck worse than you got it? He said he'd change the plugs to see if it helped and said to stay away from the shop after that or he would take it personally. He hung up and called me 2 hours later asking me nicely where I was since I never came down. I said I am taking it to Ford in the morning and am not interested. I was very polite and he seemed surprised but said I would probably get screwed $$ wise but said ok. I thanked him for the TB cleaning and said have a nice day.

I called one of the local local Fords (Rodman Ford) and brought it down for an 8am appointment to read the diagnostics. The CEL went out once I took out my Gryphon but my dad said not to tell them what was going on with the truck and let them figure it out. I guess I'll see what turn up. I thought I would have my truck back but I got screwed today and all I need is the Vaseline to finish it off.
John: I'm sorry to hear your havin so much problems by these mechanics. Might want to get in touch with the BBB and Small Business Agency to see if they have any reputable repair/mechanic shops in your area. This will give you a little less grief. Hope this helps.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Svets96
John: I'm sorry to hear your havin so much problems by these mechanics. Might want to get in touch with the BBB and Small Business Agency to see if they have any reputable repair/mechanic shops in your area. This will give you a little less grief. Hope this helps.
There is one we go to, but it's too late now with my baby sitting at Ford. I hope they leave me alone about my cats and can't trace my gryphon. I have 93 in the tank so hopefully I'm on. I even put my intake back to stock

Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 PM

There is one we go to, but it's too late now with my baby sitting at Ford. I hope they leave me alone about my cats and can't trace my gryphon. I have 93 in the tank so hopefully I'm on. I even put my intake back to stock
John,
Your code disappeared due to you putting your truck back to stock......now you have the p1000(driveability relearn code) which can be attributed to disconnecting the battery also....

Do as your dad says and don't say anything......
But
Ask if they are going to flash the pcm with a new strategy to contact you first or otherwise your tunes will need to be written again.

Alls I can say is good luck!

Old 12-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by bucky919
Had to have a D9 cat pull out the Super Duty today, for some reason they don't go through snow up the two tone on the bottom of the door, but I couldn't see the drift cause of blowing snow, all the sudden I hit it and snow come rolling over the hood lol.
Don't trust nothing if that snows blowing......
Bad deal....glad you're out......

Sounds like that four footer that I got stuck in the other weekend.....no d9 around....only a shovel.....

Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by gcart
so whats it cost to have a new motor, a new 4.6, in my 05?
The labor?
Or
The motor?
Or
Both?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 PM

John,
Your code disappeared due to you putting your truck back to stock......now you have the p1000(driveability relearn code) which can be attributed to disconnecting the battery also....

Do as your dad says and don't say anything......
But
Ask if they are going to flash the pcm with a new strategy to contact you first or otherwise your tunes will need to be written again.

Alls I can say is good luck!
Thanks so much bud

I am scared this is going to be a big repair. I had plenty to have the plugs done... this could turn into an expensive mess now. I hope they have no trouble figuring it out and hopefully I get my plugs changed. They get 98 bucks an hour for labor :o

Quick Reply: Let's start over......