Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
What I had on hand was Liquid Wrench, Bug and Tar Remover, and WD-40. The Liquid Wrench worked the best.
That works too....

Old 07-16-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Changed my sway bar end links to fix the weird front end noise. That wasn't it. They definitely needed replacement though.

Going to grease the heck out of everything next. Also thinking of doing the 2 piece bearing conversion because I'm sure the front wheel bearings are on the way out too.

What size is the wheel bearing spindle nut?

Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Changed my sway bar end links to fix the weird front end noise. That wasn't it. They definitely needed replacement though.

Going to grease the heck out of everything next. Also thinking of doing the 2 piece bearing conversion because I'm sure the front wheel bearings are on the way out too.

36 mm

Old 07-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
What I had on hand was Liquid Wrench, Bug and Tar Remover, and WD-40. The Liquid Wrench worked the best.
I'll have to try Liquid Wrench, - I've tried the other two lol. What has worked for me in the past. Gas and mineral spirits, -50/50. Just don't smoke while applying and follow up with denatured alcohol behind.

Also, that 3m stuff is probably the best, the mix above CAN screw up your clear if your not careful. If you can't find the 3m, use the dupli-color paint prep. That's popular amongst 3rd party auto suppliers. You can use acetone, but you have to cut that as well.

Now , if you have all the time in the world, - Goo Gone does eventually work lol.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yea Goo Gone works similar to Bug and Tar, maybe a little better. You don't have to work it as much if you leave it alone for 5 minutes or so.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Got the 3m stuff, hated to pay $10 for it. But, it was worth it. Took it right off. Thanks for the suggestion, I had forgotten all about it.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:53 PM

The house next door is vacant. The fence posts for the wood fence on that side no matter how much I water the yard are loose as heck. I had to work to get them tight by smashing busted bricks down against the concrete in the post hole and soaking the heck out of the soil with water. No more loose fence. Yard is really cracking up on that side of the yard.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ian51279
Have fun at the Paisley concert tomorrow. He puts on an awesome show.

We got within arms reach of him Feb. 2010

If you go put around the lot and tell the sales guy you were thinking about a new one while waiting for your truck in the shop you may. Some dealers don't let you drive unless you're 21.
That's awesome Ian! And I am so excited! Blake Shelton and Jarred Neimon are opening acts as well. Good to know on the test drive thing too, thanks!

Originally Posted by 88racing
I've been looking at bug screen options also...good idea

Originally Posted by Stealth

That sucks Will, hope you find it soon!

Got my Shaker 500 installed today... pretty neat! My dad had to alter the brackets so it fit in because it sits out further in the mustangs. Got a bad reverse Chrysler antenna adapter so I got the new one in today and wala! Sounds great (less bass cause the shakers have amp'd speakers and are best with subs) and it even shows the radio station and songs/artist. I think I'm just gonna go with my original idea on the cleansweep and then hook my amp and get the sub and box. I just like the look of the unit a lot

Old 07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
That's awesome Ian! And I am so excited! Blake Shelton and Jarred Neimon are opening acts as well. Good to know on the test drive thing too, thanks!

That sucks Will, hope you find it soon!

Got my Shaker 500 installed today... pretty neat! My dad had to alter the brackets so it fit in because it sits out further in the mustangs. Got a bad reverse Chrysler antenna adapter so I got the new one in today and wala! Sounds great (less bass cause the shakers have amp'd speakers and are best with subs) and it even shows the radio station and songs/artist. I think I'm just gonna go with my original idea on the cleansweep and then hook my amp and get the sub and box. I just like the look of the unit a lot
Blake Shelton does a good show as well. Have fun!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:37 PM

Just bought a Borla Stainless Pro XS Muffler - 40364 and some 2.5" exhaust clamps on ebay. By next weekend the truck will be quieter.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great time at Warrior Expo East. Got all sorts of tactical gear, knives, gloves, glasses to "test and evaluate". Oakley and Under Armour hooked us up too. My freinds Rob and Nick went with me and they are both Wounded Warriors and they got well taken care of.

I got to meet Sgt Sammy Davis, a Medal of Honor recipient too. Really cool guy, a true hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_L._Davis

Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only thing I caught tonight was a Cat Fish, it was pretty good size. It was a task to get it off the hook though, I can't find my pliers.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Global Moderator &

I'm pooped! Got the yard mowed. Man it was hot! Got the window all back together on the truck. Had to clean the contacts on the switch. The dealer called about 5:00. They decided to accept my offer. I told him I was too busy, and would come get it next Saturday if they had not sold it already. A black XLT, grey interior, 5.0. 3.55 LS. Loaded pretty well for an XLT.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:20 AM

I'm pooped! Got the yard mowed. Man it was hot! Got the window all back together on the truck. Had to clean the contacts on the switch. The dealer called about 5:00. They decided to accept my offer. I told him I was too busy, and would come get it next Saturday if they had not sold it already. A black XLT, grey interior, 5.0. 3.55 LS. Loaded pretty well for an XLT.
Moving on up!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine mowed as well. Then went across the road and mowed my neighbors yard. He's not feeling to good. He's about 86 yrs old as well.

Congrates on the new truck!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Let's start over......