Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go with 35% then. I have 20 on my truck and it's not dark enough IMO. I don't like it when people can see in.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Any idea what impact/wrench to get
If you're on a budget, or not wanting something to use daily (like I do) then I'd highly recommend Ingersol Rand air tools.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I'd go with 35% then. I have 20 on my truck and it's not dark enough IMO. I don't like it when people can see in.
I know I hate that, and I got spoiled many years ago when I had a truck with limo tint all the way around. I am basicly looking to keep some of the heat out of the truck and knock some of the snow glare down in the winter. I am really tempted to order a piece for the windshield but I think that would be pushing my luck.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
If you're on a budget, or not wanting something to use daily (like I do) then I'd highly recommend Ingersol Rand air tools.
We had an IR 1/2" drive impact at my old job, never failed.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
It seems to me the tint makes it hotter in the truck when sitting in the sun all day. Almost like it comes in through the windshield and the black windows make it hotter.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
It seems to me the tint makes it hotter in the truck when sitting in the sun all day. Almost like it comes in through the windshield and the black windows make it hotter.
I learned a long time ago to always make sure the back window is facing the sun when I park my truck. It seems to keep the truck a few degrees cooler until the sun comes around to the side windows.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When my rear windows are facing the sun my truck is much cooler. When the untinted windshield is facing the sun the truck is very hot. Tint equals cooler.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Same here, nothing but. Use a small IR compressor from time to time as well. Customized this one with IR/Milton -

Old 07-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
we got the rear main done, but that wasnt the leak, it was leaking under the rear main, on the bearing gurtle. Its basically the oil pan that was leaking, which is not what we wanted to see. we put some RTV type sealant in the pan area hopefully putting a bandaid on it for now.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Yeah my dad is set up for that stuff- he offered to do it today (but I work til 1030 tonight and have to be up at 345 tomorrow so I needed sleep before work today at 2pm) but I am going to be saving for a impact and torque wrench. Any idea what impact/wrench to get
Look at Chicago Pneumatic, Ingersoll Rand, JET, or if you are on a real tight budget look at Campbell Hausfeld. You can also call your local Matco or Snap On guy and see what they have taken in on trade lately. I got a really nice big slightly used Snap On impact when I was in school.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I'll give it a look thanks Pat

I'm going to let you guys in on something. My dad get's it an it is amazing stuff. You have to find a distributor to get it, but I can tell just by how I only got 55 hits on google, this stuff is kept quiet.

Wynn's Viscotine Lubricant

Scroll down until you see it. My dad has been doing it all throughout the hidden parts and holes on this Cummins and he has helped me do it on my truck. It's nearly $90 for a box of 12 cans, but this stuff is the real deal. I'd be careful painting under your frame Matt because I have read that sometimes you can trap stuff underneath the POR-15 and cause rust to start behind it. JBrew has used it (POR-15) with success but so far I've just been keeping it all clean and my underneath looks good since I painted it a while back. I'd recommend getting some of this stuff if you can... far better to prevent issues imo. Just thought I'd share

Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by dsq3973
Look at Chicago Pneumatic, Ingersoll Rand, JET, or if you are on a real tight budget look at Campbell Hausfeld. You can also call your local Matco or Snap On guy and see what they have taken in on trade lately. I got a really nice big slightly used Snap On impact when I was in school.
Good to know Dave, thanks again

We did it eearlier just as we always have done... with the tire iron. Never ever had an issue, but I will invest in a torque wrnech at some point. My dad made a good point. What good does 151 lbs do if you can't even get them off on the side of the road. One I couldn't even break the lugs... he had to work hard and he is in damn good shape. Got to see my brake pads too, the passenger side has 1/3 of the pad left that the drivers side front has. Idk what the deal is, but I will be doing them this fall

Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 PM
I've always wondered about POR-15. It says Apply directly over rust, don't sand or anything. In my mind that's just covering the rust up, not getting rid of it. Either way I'm going to wire wheel it or sand it to get rid of what rust is on there.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Dang salesman wasted my time. I made it very clear to him that the agreed discount hadto be off the bottom line. So today, when they wrote up the sale, it was off the gross sticker price before Ford's $1500 package discount was deducted. I get tired of their games. If they call back, it will cost them more to make the sale.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:44 PM

I've always wondered about POR-15. It says Apply directly over rust, don't sand or anything. In my mind that's just covering the rust up, not getting rid of it. Either way I'm going to wire wheel it or sand it to get rid of what rust is on there.
Which is what my fear would be, Matt. I know they have other products that go along with POR-15, but I'm just trying to keep it clean under there. I don't have much rust. I wish I could have had the truck since new cause I wash it out and everything. What I am thinking of doing this winter is waxing the underneath to keep anything from sticking

Quick Reply: Let's start over......