Just kidding........

Old 08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Nice Sig quote......

Naw I wouldn't do that.....
I would have to remove your sig!

I have enough quotes floating around as it is.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I would have to remove your sig!

I have enough quotes floating around as it is.
I know you do......

Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had an adventure last Saturday. I've been going to college visits to look at some flight science programs and aerospace engineering programs and seriously considering Saint Louis University. Anyways I'm planning on taking Air Force ROTC while at college and then hope to fly jets in the Air Force. My dad wanted me to go up in a plane first to make sure I like it. He called a small local airport and told them I was interested in taking flight lessons but didn't know for sure if I'd like it. The owner of the management part of the airport was extremely nice and just said that I could go over there and go for a flight. So Saturday I went over there and the guy (60+) was extremely nice. Considering that I had only been in a plane 1 other time in my life ( when I was 6 on my way to Disney World haha) I was kind of nervous. Once I get in the plane he tells me " oh ya, your going to be doing everything". He wasn't kidding, he helped me throughout it and just told me what to do but I took off, flew, and landed, the whole nine yards. When we landed he said " I'm no bull****ter, but that was the best I've ever seen someone do for their first time, I'm not bull****tin". I was pumped when he said that. Not going to lie, one of the best experiences of my life, without a doubt I found out I loved it.....just thought I would share that, not something you get to do everyday. Extremely grateful for it.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
It is pretty neat to watch that screen as you go down the road and see what hills and stop lights do to you. From Ennis to Corsicana on 45, I had it set on 70 and it averaged 21.7 for that stretch. I have about 2100 miles on it now.
Im pretty sure you should be watching the road old man

Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 PM
jackedup, thats a pretty kool story, def an experience! i would of been scared haha good luck with everything

Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Cool story Jackedup99!! Sounds like an awesome experience.

If you ever have any questions about the AF shoot me a PM. Can't really answer much about the officer side of the house as I am just an enlisted dude but I am here if you need anything.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
I'll have to find the video clip later......but there's a sport trac with a super charger and as he's filming part of the camera is picking up on the message center.......the readout starts at around 16 mpgs.....he floors it and it goes down to like 5/6......
Yeah on my Gryphon, when I WOT I see like 4

I hope the best for all the engine lineup, for Ford's good future, but it's almost like those guys have ***** envy. They have the smallest engine, so they have to prove they are the baddest and bestest.

Maybe I should have said small man syndrome. LOL
They certainly aren't envious of you
Originally Posted by JackedUp99
Had an adventure last Saturday. I've been going to college visits to look at some flight science programs and aerospace engineering programs and seriously considering Saint Louis University. Anyways I'm planning on taking Air Force ROTC while at college and then hope to fly jets in the Air Force. My dad wanted me to go up in a plane first to make sure I like it. He called a small local airport and told them I was interested in taking flight lessons but didn't know for sure if I'd like it. The owner of the management part of the airport was extremely nice and just said that I could go over there and go for a flight. So Saturday I went over there and the guy (60+) was extremely nice. Considering that I had only been in a plane 1 other time in my life ( when I was 6 on my way to Disney World haha) I was kind of nervous. Once I get in the plane he tells me " oh ya, your going to be doing everything". He wasn't kidding, he helped me throughout it and just told me what to do but I took off, flew, and landed, the whole nine yards. When we landed he said " I'm no bull****ter, but that was the best I've ever seen someone do for their first time, I'm not bull****tin". I was pumped when he said that. Not going to lie, one of the best experiences of my life, without a doubt I found out I loved it.....just thought I would share that, not something you get to do everyday. Extremely grateful for it.
Nice

Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Great story and glad you landed on your feet! I worked two summer's in high school at a seaplane base and was learning to fly at 16 yrs old but like a fool I never did get my license. Did serve 6 yrs in the Louisiana Air National Guard. Stick with it if you like it.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 PM

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by harleydude78
Cool story Jackedup99!! Sounds like an awesome experience.

If you ever have any questions about the AF shoot me a PM. Can't really answer much about the officer side of the house as I am just an enlisted dude but I am here if you need anything.
Definitly keep that in mind Im always having different questions.

Originally Posted by PawPaw
Great story and glad you landed on your feet! I worked two summer's in high school at a seaplane base and was learning to fly at 16 yrs old but like a fool I never did get my license. Did serve 6 yrs in the Louisiana Air National Guard. Stick with it if you like it.
What did you actually do in the reserve? I was thinking about being in ROTC and the reserves at the same time. I heard it can be done but was just wordering how it would actually work.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 AM

Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Morning.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Kewl!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 AM

Boys lost their jv game last night 8-22

They need more conditioning.....they were sucking air at the half....

Moved more dirt last night approximately a yard worth with the shovels again.....and yes the boy got to help....

Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Im pretty sure you should be watching the road old man
Hey! I have two eyes!

Quick Reply: Let's start over......