Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Exactly Jim, still should not be doing this though This year is going to be one expensive one for maintenance...
Don't think you'er not alone in this John, in the last month I have put almost $2500 into the truck. A couple weeks ago one tech told me the truck had a bad drive shaft and he can't do it so I take the truck to the dealer and told the service writer there I need to have them check the drive shaft. I knew going in the U-joints were bad on the truck and told them that so I left the truck with them. I get a call that night at home and he said the drive shaft is fine so I said replace all three U-joints and this was a Thursday and picke the truck up after work Friday so I drove home and everything seemed ok and the truck sat all weekend. Monday I had to take my wife to Green Bay for a doctors appointment and I noticed a wierd vibration and just wrote it off as the new tires and then Thursday and Friday roll around and I put about 650 to 700 miles on the truck in two days and I was cruising at around 60 most of the time. Well now I have a drive line vibration and you can hear it between 50-60 as well as feel it and I have a bill for $390 for new U-joints sitting on the console of the truck.

I take the truck back the next week and take the service manager for a ride and ask what the hells up with this drive line vibration that showed up after I specificaly said to check the drive shaft and you guys said it was U-joints. So the trucks going back in tomorrow for them to look at the drive shaft again and least the service manager said that if it's the drive shaft he would credit the amount of the U-joints toward the drive shaft if that's what it is. I like my truck and I have really good luck with my dealer but lately this have just not been right so this may be my last Ford if things continue like this because there are only three other Ford dealers for 50-100 miles and one of them I would not buy a car from if my life depended on it.

Last edited by dsq3973; 09-26-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesn't your truck have around 180,000 miles on it though Dave?

I wouldn't be too upset spending money on it with almost 200,000 miles.......

Old 09-26-2011, 06:29 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I'm sorry about that. You have had a string of it all the sudden.
Thanks Jim, it's just tough because I love truck and so far I have been right with all the issues. Mom mom says what's the point of paying for all of it, you could have a new vehicle. I love my truck and will not sell it. How many trucks do you know with this engine, my wheels and tires with the ac on that get 19.5mpg highway. I get 19-21 on the highway and got 19.5 this weekend on my trip to NH when I filled up from just below half today. What ticks me off is I said I noticed issues and the mechanic we used said everything was fine, normal wear. Here we are over 2 years later with the same issues that I've slowly had fixed because there were problems. Really really makes me angry. Just because a mechanic says it's ok, doesn't mean it is. I know my truck for goodness sakes

Originally Posted by 88racing
If that's the case pay attention to the calipers and then the steering/suspension components....
Originally Posted by dsq3973
Don't think you'er not alone in this John, in the last month I have put almost $2500 into the truck. A couple weeks ago one tech told me the truck had a bad drive shaft and he can't do it so I take the truck to the dealer and told the service writer there I need to have them check the drive shaft. I knew going in the U-joints were bad on the truck and told them that so I left the truck with them. I get a call that night at home and he said the drive shaft is fine so I said replace all three U-joints and this was a Thursday and picke the truck up after work Friday so I drove home and everything seemed ok and the truck sat all weekend. Monday I had to take my wife to Green Bay for a doctors appointment and I noticed a wierd vibration and just wrote it off as the new tires and then Thursday and Friday roll around and I put about 650 to 700 miles on the truck in two days and I was cruising at around 60 most of the time. Well now I have a drive line vibration and you can hear it between 50-60 as well as feel it and I have a bill for $390 for new U-joints sitting on the console of the truck.

I take the truck back the next week and take the service manager for a ride and ask what the hells up with this drive line vibration that showed up after I specificaly said to check the drive shaft and you guys said it was U-joints. So the trucks going back in tomorrow for them to look at the drive shaft again and least the service manager said that if it's the drive shaft he would credit the amount of the U-joints toward the drive shaft if that's what it is. I like my truck and I have really good luck with my dealer but lately this have just not been right so this may be my last Ford if things continue like this because there are only three other Ford dealers for 50-100 miles and one of them I would not buy a car from if my life depended on it.

That's rough Dave, I hope that get's worked out soon bud. I'll be honest, Ford and many other auto makers are losing focus on quality and just putting money into qizmos. I'd rather have a '97 7.3 over a new one.

Originally Posted by MTM Ford

That's a good point Dave, where mine is 700 miles away from 70k, it blows. But either way, spending money left and right sucks. I'm just stunned I've had this many issues on a vehicle this young

Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took the battery out of my old 4 wheeler thinking it was dead and needed a charge since it hasn't been ridden in several months. Still a no go tonight when I got home. Took the battery out of the new one, and it starts. There's another $100 battery. But I'm gonna buy a good one and put it in my new one.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Matt, the truck has 170,000 miles on it but when I spend that much money and they can't fix the problem I tend to get a little pissed. Especially when I told them what to look for in the first place and the problem still remains I really like my truck it's the dealer I have been having issues with lately. The truck goes in tomorrow morning so I am kind of interested to hear what they have to say.

Last edited by dsq3973; 09-26-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Exactly, my dealer is good, but everything is so expensive to have done

Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Matt, the truck has 170,000 miles on it but when I spend that much money and they can't fix the problem I tend to get a little pissed. Especially when I told them what to look for in the first place and the problem still remains I really like my truck it's the dealer I have been having issues with lately. The truck goes in tomorrow morning so I am kind of interested to hear what they have to say.
I wouldn't blame Ford for the mechanics screwing it up. Go ahead, buy a Chevy, you're also a John Deere fan so I guess I should have known you don't care for quality...

Hope they figure out what the problem is and get it fixed. I know when my 96 was having problems I was never going to buy another Ford either

Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
The funny thing is the dealer is still owned by the same family, has just about all the same techs, same service manager, same parts department guys, I just can't put my finger on what's changed other than the two new service writers. One of them happens to be a cute little blonde.......

Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't blame Ford for the mechanics screwing it up. Go ahead, buy a Chevy, you're also a John Deere fan so I guess I should have known you don't care for quality...

Hope they figure out what the problem is and get it fixed. I know when my 96 was having problems I was never going to buy another Ford either
Bite me!!!!! I won't another Chevy, they screwed up the damn seats!!!!!

Oh yeah and how long has your lawn tractor been around?? Mine is older than you.....

Old 09-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Bite me!!!!! I won't another Chevy, they screwed up the damn seats!!!!!

Oh yeah and how long has your lawn tractor been around?? Mine is older than you.....
Don't pick on my tractor! It's running great since the temps have cooled down!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM

The funny thing is the dealer is still owned by the same family, has just about all the same techs, same service manager, same parts department guys, I just can't put my finger on what's changed other than the two new service writers. One of them happens to be a cute little blonde.......
Maybe you have to go give her a piece of your mind

Don't pick on my tractor! It's running great since the temps have cooled down!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Kinda hard to diagnose via the forum.....
idk i nailed it last time

Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
or you could move down here and pay me in beer

Old 09-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Just got home from a 13 hour work shift. Only have time to drink a few beers then off to bed for a few hours then back at it again tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......