Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't like the monthly paycheck one bit.....true its easier to budget for but it stretches it....

Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Its always....

Linch time
Nap time
Beer time
Slacker time

In this thread......
Linch time now for me, then slacker time when i get back, then beer time after work. I'll leave nap time for Jim

Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Linch time now for me, then slacker time when i get back, then beer time after work. I'll leave nap time for Jim
Got it covered!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 10-21-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patman

Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" well, there are sanding the roads in certain spots, and my van was snow/ice covered this morning"t
My brothers FB post when I asked him hows work going... Hes just a couple hours north of me

Old 10-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I liked getting paid once a month. Was much easier to budget for a monthly cycle. I have been paid monthly, weekly, semi monthly and biweekly and my choice would be monthly.
Same here. It's a little easier come bill time IMO. Then get a month ahead on bills, utilities one month x 25%. That way, bills are always covered and you can knock everything down to one day a month. Direct pay makes it even easier.

Still, you have to keep tabs on things. There's always mistakes, billing is far from perfect..

Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Hows it goin John Deere ?

Did you pick up that other 300 series ?

It's going Jbrew, I am waiting on the air filter and my seat suspension to get here this afternoon so I can wrap this one up and I was playing with the carb last night getting the low idle set and running a little better at WOT than it was. I also need to trim a little off the govenor arm because I had to improvise on the linkage because the new throttle shaft doesn't come with anything to attach it to the govenor arm and I used a Heim joint and it's about a 1/4" to long. I am going to bring the mower deck back to the house tonight and get it all hooked up so I can cut the grass one more time and give it a shake down to make sure the govenor and carb are right. Yupp I did, I am probably going to get the 317 next Friday.

Last edited by dsq3973; 10-21-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dsq3973
It's going Jbrew, I am waiting on the air filter and my seat suspension to get here this afternoon so I can wrap this one up and I was playing with the carb last night getting the low idle set and running a little better at WOT than it was. I also need to trim a little off the govenor arm because I had to improvise on the linkage because the new throttle shaft doesn't come with anything to attach it to the govenor arm and I used a Heim joint and it's about a 1/4" to long. I am going to bring the mower deck back to the house tonight and get it all hooked up so I can cut the grass one more time and give it a shake down to make sure the govenor and carb are right.
Yea, I've had to reset the Gov a few times on that Kawasaki engine in the past. They get to surging after awhile. I believe you set it by engine off, carb wide open, take the slack out via governor. Also, without an inline filter, the real tiny ports in the carb seem to plug pretty fast, kinduh pinching air flow. Getting that worked out and perfect took a little effort, but once there, she'll purr like a kitten @ idle and run strong WFO.
Not sure what carb your using, that's the experience I've had with my model

I am probably going to get the 317 next Friday.
Great! You have me looking at them as well. But, I have other projects that have stalled, momentarily. I SHOULD attend to those first....Maybe.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM

It's going Jbrew, I am waiting on the air filter and my seat suspension to get here this afternoon so I can wrap this one up and I was playing with the carb last night getting the low idle set and running a little better at WOT than it was. I also need to trim a little off the govenor arm because I had to improvise on the linkage because the new throttle shaft doesn't come with anything to attach it to the govenor arm and I used a Heim joint and it's about a 1/4" to long. I am going to bring the mower deck back to the house tonight and get it all hooked up so I can cut the grass one more time and give it a shake down to make sure the govenor and carb are right. Yupp I did, I am probably going to get the 317 next Friday.
Heim joints rock.....every Harley rider should know about them....idk why the mfg puts ball socket joints on the shifter.....

Old 10-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Yea, I've had to reset the Gov a few times on that Kawasaki engine in the past. They get to surging after awhile. I believe you set it by engine off, carb wide open, take the slack out via governor. Also, without an inline filter, the real tiny ports in the carb seem to plug pretty fast, kinduh pinching air flow. Getting that worked out and perfect took a little effort, but once there, she'll purr like a kitten @ idle and run strong WFO.
Not sure what carb your using, that's the experience I've had with my model

Great! You have me looking at them as well. But, I have other projects that have stalled, momentarily. I SHOULD attend to those first....Maybe.
I have an inline fuel filter in it and I was suprised it had one when I bought it. It was running lean at first last night so I had to add more fuel to cool it off because it got a little warm to start with. With in 10 minutes I had it idling really well but it would stumble and kind of fall on it's face on the way up and I am pretty sure it's because the govenor is not working the way it's supposed to right now.

I know what you mean, I started looking early last week for another one to do and I have a 1965 John Deere 110 round fender to do but I am just up to level of attention that one is going to need quite yet because it's going to be a show tractor when I am done with it. The 317 is going to be my dedicated loader machine and I am going to build a 3 point hitch for it so I can use a box blade and the loader to relandscape the yard when I get it done. My wife is not really happy with my latest purchase but if it helps me keep my sanity this winter I really don't care.

Last edited by dsq3973; 10-21-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Heim joints rock.....every Harley rider should know about them....idk why the mfg puts ball socket joints on the shifter.....
Yes they do, I have some play in the steering still and I traced it back to the joints on the steering knuckles/tie rods and I am goint to replace the crappy ball and socket joints that Deere used.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:28 PM

Yes they do, I have some play in the steering still and I traced it back to the joints on the steering knuckles/tie rods and I am goint to replace the crappy ball and socket joints that Deere used.
A friend of mine uses them on his trail jeep for tie rod ends....alot more dependable he says....

Old 10-21-2011, 03:35 PM
A friend of mine uses them on his trail jeep for tie rod ends....alot more dependable he says....
They are very strong and tolerate dust, dirt, and mud pretty well. We used them on the race cars for everything from tie rod ends to shift linkage and we rarely had a problem with them unless it was a drive induced failure(crashing into things).

Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 PM

They are very strong and tolerate dust, dirt, and mud pretty well. We used them on the race cars for everything from tie rod ends to shift linkage and we rarely had a problem with them unless it was a drive induced failure(crashing into things).
You're not supposed to crash....

Quick Reply: Let's start over......