Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew

Toyz lol. Your lucky you didn't get shot.

I can't imagine seeing some dude stomping a bird to death in my back yard while holding a rifle and in his skibbies, at that time in the morning.

Well, I have a old Red Ryder, it could get interesting....
Dad told me a story once of when he was a kid and a coyote woke him up right outside his bedroom window in the middle of night. He was still living at home at the time. Opened up the window and shot the coyote while everyone was sleeping. Nobody in the house even moved the only thing that happened inside was grandpa asked "did you get'em" and went back to sleep

Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
been working 4 days a week at 6:30 and one at 7:15... I can work up to 37.5 hours at this job. No one wanted to come in that early so I snatched them up and I am forced to leave early at the end of each week so I don't go over while they are stuck there til 4. Works out awesome

Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Found a local dyno shop that the Lightnings in my area really like. Offers tuning for our trucks:

Performance Dyno

One I get the headers in and all set up, I'm probably going to have them dyno tune my truck. They had nothing but good things to say about the guy.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 AM
My dad had a bird problem last week until I showed up for dinner one night last week. This stupid bird would fly up land on a bench they have on the deck, preen himself, crap on the bench, and fly off. So my dad took the double barrel 410 to take care of said stupid winged rat but could never get a shot. So the night I was there enjoying probably one of the best home made bacon cheeseburgers I'd had in quite a while the stupid winged rat flew up and went about it's business. I quietly got up walked to the closet grabbed the shot gun, two shells, opened the patio enough to stick the barrel out so I didn't go deaf when I pulled the trigger and put two shells into the winged rat and went back to eating my bacon cheeseburger.

I've also been sniping the flying rats off my neighbors roof with my pellet gun and so far it's. Winged Rats 0 - Me 6

I'll teach those little winged bastards to crap on freshly washed vehicles.

Last edited by dsq3973; 05-24-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Morning.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Shooting birds at my parents house, other than a pigeon is a big no no these days. My dad will rain hell on anyone who even points in the direction of a bird. Funny thing is, this is the same place I grew up killing everything in sight with wings. Got a BB gun at 5, .22 when I was 12 from dad and was given the golden ticket to shoot anything that moves. I could pick a robin off at 50 yards with a single pump red ryder, aiming 8' above just to get it to lob that far. But something changed in him about 10 years ago. Started putting humming bird feeders out, bird houses all over the place. Feeders and baths throughout the property.... now it is like a rain forest of tropical rare birds over there. I swear he has birds at his house that if you look up information on, don't even migrate to those parts of the country. Now he has bees.. to help pollinate his fruit trees? I was being bombed by one the other day. It was making passes at my face so I took my hat off and was swinging at it when I hear this "hey leave my bees alone" So yea, hes like the animal keeper up there at his place these days.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Toyz
There is a big tree right out side my master bedroom. About 2 months ago there was this god awful bird that would start gawking around 3am. Sounded like some foreign extinct jungle pterodactyl mating call. I had no clear shot with the daisy without hitting the town homes across the way so I borrowed a co workers blow dart gun as not to arouse suspicion from the hippie neighbors.
I havent shot a blow dart gun since I was 12... missed the damn thing 3 days in a row... hard to see in the dark. 4th day I got a direct hit.

One thing I wasnt thinking about was a dart doesnt kill the bird. He flew in a spiral down into the neighbors yard making that god awful death cry. So I ran downstairs, jumped the fence, stomped on the bird, picked him up, jumped back over the fence and threw him in the garbage. Close call... but I got the damn thing.

reminds me of a rabbit's death scream....I've had a few of them do that this winter....

Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Found a local dyno shop that the Lightnings in my area really like. Offers tuning for our trucks:

Performance Dyno

One I get the headers in and all set up, I'm probably going to have them dyno tune my truck. They had nothing but good things to say about the guy.
If you think that's best then go for it.....make sure you take a video of mocha beating up the dyno....

Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Heading to Grapevine,Tx. in one hour.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dsq3973
My dad had a bird problem last week until I showed up for dinner one night last week. This stupid bird would fly up land on a bench they have on the deck, preen himself, crap on the bench, and fly off. So my dad took the double barrel 410 to take care of said stupid winged rat but could never get a shot. So the night I was there enjoying probably one of the best home made bacon cheeseburgers I'd had in quite a while the stupid winged rat flew up and went about it's business. I quietly got up walked to the closet grabbed the shot gun, two shells, opened the patio enough to stick the barrel out so I didn't go deaf when I pulled the trigger and put two shells into the winged rat and went back to eating my bacon cheeseburger.

I've also been sniping the flying rats off my neighbors roof with my pellet gun and so far it's. Winged Rats 0 - Me 6

I'll teach those little winged bastards to crap on freshly washed vehicles.
I've got those flipping robins that like to dive at the house and when they get get close they release the crap and it splatters all over..... after yesterday there's a few less of them doing that now:lol

Last edited by 88racing; 05-24-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 06F150STX
Heading to Grapevine,Tx. in one hour.
Thanks for the warning!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
Thanks for the warning!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by 88racing
I've got those flipping robins that like to dive at the house and when they get get close they release the crap and it splatters all over..... after yesterday there's a few less of them doing that now:lol
I really hate that but most of what is around me are pigeons and starlings. I don't know which are worse.

I've also got a family of rabbits living under my deck that I need to start thinning out pretty soon. But I need to order some hollow point pellets because I've had some over penetration issues if I'm to close.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 AM

got approx 3.25" of rain overnight with more showers today and this weekend....the first storm that came through had thunder that shook the house, the lightning was amazing.....

Quick Reply: Let's start over......