Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
at the house today got a well needed rain....received around 0.5"....could've used more but I'm happy with that....the crop yield outlook doesn't look good right now for the state....

Old 07-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
oh ain't technology gr8.....
When it works.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I still have my ATT unlimited data for 29.99
through the transition from Alltel to At&t I had unlimited...the that junk phone broke and they way I went looked less expensive at the time, got a new phone with a new contract...looking back that was the expensive decision....learned my lesson on that one.....should've just got a unlocked one off the web....

Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me thinks the DNR is full of bull poop for denying that cougars are up here and thriving.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...7#.UAb5IGHlN5k

Old 07-18-2012, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by dsq3973
Me thinks the DNR is full of bull poop for denying that cougars are up here and thriving.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...7#.UAb5IGHlN5k
must be something they're learning in their training....mountain lions/cougars are that over here in eastern South Dakota too.....

we've got them but yet they say we don't....

I've seen pretty good evidence that they're here....mostly tracks and kills with a few visual confirmations.....but yet they aren't...

I was told by our GFP(game fish and parks) if I ever got one just to bury it and walk away and don't say anything....don't even keep it and try to get it mounted either unless they're in season and a tag is in possession......

the funny thing is the tags are only good in western South Dakota

the really scary part of this is that I used to only see juvenille males....now I'm seeing mature females

where's that face palm smiley when you need it...

Old 07-18-2012, 02:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
work phone is still unlimited(Verizon)

personal phone is the 4g Atrix limited at 2gb and I try to use that on WiFi as much as possible....
Yeah you have to... it adds up quick. Thankfully school has incredible Wi-Fi all over so I'm good since I work here year round and still am in school

Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
must be something they're learning in their training....mountain lions/cougars are that over here in eastern South Dakota too.....

we've got them but yet they say we don't....

I've seen pretty good evidence that they're here....mostly tracks and kills with a few visual confirmations.....but yet they aren't...

I was told by our GFP(game fish and parks) if I ever got one just to bury it and walk away and don't say anything....don't even keep it and try to get it mounted either unless they're in season and a tag is in possession......

the funny thing is the tags are only good in western South Dakota

the really scary part of this is that I used to only see juvenille males....now I'm seeing mature females

where's that face palm smiley when you need it...
It must be because I know they have been here for years. I hit one with my truck in 1998 on my way home from Marquette for the weekend. And people make fun of me when I go into the woods with my 1911, Marlin 336, with my pack and probably enough ammo to wage a mini war.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Yeah you have to... it adds up quick. Thankfully school has incredible Wi-Fi all over so I'm good since I work here year round and still am in school
its not all that bad if I go over on the personal phone....1 gb extra is only $10 per gb increment.....that's only happened 3 times......

I've heard of some companies cutting people off at their data limit now once its reached....with no extra gb's to be had....

Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM

It must be because I know they have been here for years. I hit one with my truck in 1998 on my way home from Marquette for the weekend. And people make fun of me when I go into the woods with my 1911, Marlin 336, with my pack and probably enough ammo to wage a mini war.
I totally agree with your logic...

my cousin 6 years ago was bow hunting deer out in the black hills.....he always brings a side arm when hunting out there....

his second morning out he got to his tree stand and climbed up and sat, waiting for the sun rise.....he had gone out in the dark in the early morning hours.....he said as sat there waiting that he had this uneasy feeling of that he was being watched?....upon day break he also thought where's all the little critters that were usually scurrying around?.....then he heard a rustling noise above him and it was a male mountain lion getting ready to pounce on him!.....took his 44 mag and shot him dead in mid pounce...the dead lion hit him so hard that his safety strap broke sending him to the ground.....he got a broken arm out of the ordeal......the GFP was going to also revoke his hunting rights for a year and confiscated his bow/gun/equipment/lion cause he brought a gun bow hunting...he hired a lawyer arguing self defence and got his rights back along with his stuff plus the lion which had been frozen for evidence......the next year the GFP started selling tags to hunt them....

Old 07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
I totally agree with your logic...

my cousin 6 years ago was bow hunting deer out in the black hills.....he always brings a side arm when hunting out there....

his second morning out he got to his tree stand and climbed up and sat, waiting for the sun rise.....he had gone out in the dark in the early morning hours.....he said as sat there waiting that he had this uneasy feeling of that he was being watched?....upon day break he also thought where's all the little critters that were usually scurrying around?.....then he heard a rustling noise above him and it was a male mountain lion getting ready to pounce on him!.....took his 44 mag and shot him dead in mid pounce...the dead lion hit him so hard that his safety strap broke sending him to the ground.....he got a broken arm out of the ordeal......the GFP was going to also revoke his hunting rights for a year and confiscated his bow/gun/equipment/lion cause he brought a gun bow hunting...he hired a lawyer arguing self defence and got his rights back along with his stuff plus the lion which had been frozen for evidence......the next year the GFP started selling tags to hunt them....
Holy crap!!! That's a story of a lifetime and great situational awareness.

It's also for the two legged critters that have grow ops in the national forests up here as well as private land.

http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com...id/535708.html

Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM

Holy crap!!! That's a story of a lifetime and great situational awareness.

It's also for the two legged critters that have grow ops in the national forests up here as well as private land.

http://www.ironmountaindailynews.com...id/535708.html
That's a never ending battle around Green Bay.....my buddies ex wife lives up there and has been convicted two times for that....in her back yard of all places....one of the reasons he got out of the marriage was because of her drug addictionssss......

Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got a call from my sister this evening. I'm going to be an uncle it seems.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Congrats Ian. However its no longer "evening"

Headed to bed, very long day tomorrow....

Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Congrats Ian. However its no longer "evening"

Headed to bed, very long day tomorrow....
Well, it's MY evening with the hours I work.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Congrats Ian!

Nap time.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......