Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
I've heard techs in the past that hated working on the 6.0's; can be a PITA..
Once you learn the ins and outs of them they aren't to bad other than that stupid lower fuel filter hidden behind the front prop shaft. I may solve that issue soon by deleting the stock fuel tank and go with a bigger bed mount then install a AirDogg or FASS fuel pump. The only reason I'm even thinking about doing this is because the bed is just about shot from the road salt and I want to put a flat bed on it to make towing the 5er and eventual gooseneck equipment trailer easier.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dsq3973
That's impressive! Yupp, mine is a bullet proofed 6.0 and I hope to get 300,000+ out of it at this point.
Yep , it's impressed me. I'm referring to a 98 5.4L. Doesn't use oil or leak it anywhere yet, never has. Had it since new, the heads haven't been off yet, - no reason. Still runs great, it's even a little quick lol.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 AM

Once you learn the ins and outs of them they aren't to bad other than that stupid lower fuel filter hidden behind the front prop shaft. I may solve that issue soon by deleting the stock fuel tank and go with a bigger bed mount then install a AirDogg or FASS fuel pump. The only reason I'm even thinking about doing this is because the bed is just about shot from the road salt and I want to put a flat bed on it to make towing the 5er and eventual gooseneck equipment trailer easier.
Sounds good, yea I've already replace all my lower bed panels, rockers and now my door panels are getting bad, - right the bottoms lol.

Michigan

Old 09-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good, yea I've already replace all my lower bed panels, rockers and now my door panels are getting bad, - right the bottoms lol.

Michigan
The doors and cab aren't to bad because the truck has had mud flaps on it since new keeping quite a bit of the slop off the truck. The rear wheel wells, tail gate, and bed cross members are what's taking the beating even though I do my best to run the truck through a car wash with under body flush every two weeks in the winter.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I've had this book in my library for over 10 years and never read it. It's "The Payne Stewart Story" by Larry Guest. I have a couple of other books about Payne and have read them. For some reason just always passed over this one and read something else. Last night, guess I was in the relight frame of mind so picked it up and started reading. It's an excellent book so far, you should look for it even if you have no interest in golf. Very inspirational so far. I'm about half way through it. Hard to keep the tears back.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Brisk? Are you one of those people that walk fast like a robot?
the reference to brisk was refering to the weather....

Daisy's legs are too short when I walk to fast....poor little thing has to run...so I always walk slow so she can keep up...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM

TRhe dog and I went to AT&T a little while ago, - upgrading my phone. I need one to run Android apps well. Can IPhone run these apps ? Iduno, need to do some educating I guess. I've always just got the cheapest before lol.
iPhone and Android are two different systems and the only way an app will work for both is if the developer writes the app for both, each in its own programming for the iPhone or android....

some apps aren't available for android and some aren't available for iPhone....if you switch you may lose out on some but gain some better ones...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by patman
Working on one last mod to nt before i sell her

Old 09-18-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 88racing
the reference to brisk was refering to the weather...
I know, but it was harder to make fun of you in THAT context. Common man you have to laugh, laughing's good right. I mean, I laughed at your expense. I believe BlueJ did as well..

Originally Posted by 88racing
Daisy's legs are too short when I walk to fast....poor little thing has to run...so I always walk slow so she can keep up...
Please....

Old 09-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
I've had this book in my library for over 10 years and never read it. It's "The Payne Stewart Story" by Larry Guest. I have a couple of other books about Payne and have read them. For some reason just always passed over this one and read something else. Last night, guess I was in the relight frame of mind so picked it up and started reading. It's an excellent book so far, you should look for it even if you have no interest in golf. Very inspirational so far. I'm about half way through it. Hard to keep the tears back.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
I find stuff like that from eBay and Amazon once in awhile. I still have a couple orange Kubota HD tool chests on wheels I haven't put together yet. I should put them together so I don't have to use the hand cart to move those heavy bastids around anymore lol.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:49 PM

The doors and cab aren't to bad because the truck has had mud flaps on it since new keeping quite a bit of the slop off the truck. The rear wheel wells, tail gate, and bed cross members are what's taking the beating even though I do my best to run the truck through a car wash with under body flush every two weeks in the winter.
Yea, the bottom of the tailgate is getting bad here as well. Not showing it on the outside. Most of the body rusted out kinda funny. All that was left is the paint. Usually that will crack with the rust. Nope the paint remained true, - well, up until my fingers and pressure washer began making it all real obvious lol .

Old 09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
And you're selling her why? You need something to drive while you work on Ole Silver.
Getting a DD that's about twice the efficiency of NT for basically free

Old 09-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Getting a DD that's about twice the efficiency of NT for basically free
Yup, getting married eventually forces you into Joe Economical..

Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
My commute from my apt to work was 12miles round trip, and now I'm driving 15 miles one way. Doing about 200-250 a week and filling up once a week gets old

We're agreed/planned to use NT money to fix Fiddy front clip, and redo the master shower that I can't fit in, and help the bank account after buying the house.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:28 PM

I know, but it was harder to make fun of you in THAT context. Common man you have to laugh, laughing's good right. I mean, I laughed at your expense. I believe BlueJ did as well..

Please....
Daisy compared to 20's.....lol

Name:  May_18_2012_223.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  56.1 KB

Quick Reply: Let's start over......