Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I told my wife that they were dropping v8 engines and she told me I should go buy a new truck.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
No offense, but why? Sounds like it would be downgrade in pay, no? But congrats if that's what you've wanted to do or it's an interest of yours!
No worries buddy, I don't ever really get offended by much

Teaching is something I've always wanted to do. It's one of the primary reasons why I went to college. My current job is a pretty good gig, but despite the fact that I've done well in the field, it's not something I ever intended to make a long-term career out of. And yes, I'll be taking a bit of a pay cut, but I'd rather make less money and do something I could look forward to when I wake up in the morning. Not to mention I'm pretty sick of the sales game Besides, the pay cut is only temporary; this is but another stepping stone. I have my sights set even higher on things like administration or eventually becoming a college professor. I just wanted to make the move while I'm still young. We'll see how it goes!

Also, I'll have the summer off every year

Last edited by JohnBoy88; 07-12-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I told my wife that they were dropping v8 engines and she told me I should go buy a new truck.
I haven't heard anything about this yet. Am I completely gullible or is this really happening?

Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Global Moderator &

I thought I had picked up that was the case. Maybe Coy was just trying to scare me.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 07-12-2014, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bluejay
I thought I had picked up that was the case. Maybe Coy was just trying to scare me.
he attempted a snake attack.....

Old 07-12-2014, 05:50 AM

one smell that leads me to a hurl fest....

old gear lube....can't they make it smell better?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
No worries buddy, I don't ever really get offended by much

Teaching is something I've always wanted to do. It's one of the primary reasons why I went to college. My current job is a pretty good gig, but despite the fact that I've done well in the field, it's not something I ever intended to make a long-term career out of. And yes, I'll be taking a bit of a pay cut, but I'd rather make less money and do something I could look forward to when I wake up in the morning. Not to mention I'm pretty sick of the sales game Besides, the pay cut is only temporary; this is but another stepping stone. I have my sights set even higher on things like administration or eventually becoming a college professor. I just wanted to make the move while I'm still young. We'll see how it goes!

Also, I'll have the summer off every year
I can't argue with that! So many people go through life hating work every day when they wake up, and that's no way to live. Even though I haven't even started a "real" job yet, I've made some of my own steps to get out of a position where I'd earn more money, but hate my job. I'd definitely take less money if I could do something I liked and enjoyed. I don't know how you can do something you don't like when you're at work more than you are at home.

Having summers off is a perk, especially with where you live!

Hope all goes well and you enjoy it, buddy

Old 07-12-2014, 09:56 AM
I can't argue with that! So many people go through life hating work every day when they wake up, and that's no way to live. Even though I haven't even started a "real" job yet, I've made some of my own steps to get out of a position where I'd earn more money, but hate my job. I'd definitely take less money if I could do something I liked and enjoyed. I don't know how you can do something you don't like when you're at work more than you are at home.

Having summers off is a perk, especially with where you live!

Hope all goes well and you enjoy it, buddy
fully agree, money's not everything. no fun doing something you hate 8 hrs every weekday if not more. at all.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by NFLD FLARED 281
fully agree, money's not everything. no fun doing something you hate 8 hrs every weekday if not more. at all.
Yeah, I'm doing 60 hour weeks right now, and it's burning me out. I have a good job for someone my age, and I don't mind it much of the time, but all 60 of those hours are outside in the Texas heat. It certainly gets boring and somewhat repetitive. But I've gotten to drive pretty much every car made in the last 15 years, so that's cool.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:18 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
The benefit of a teaching job is if you have summer's off you can have a good side business to bring in $$ around the teaching obligations. At this stage of the game though... mark my words, the college system will fall so I wouldn't want to be in a university now. Public school, vocational or trade are the places I'd look for. I think you made a good move John. It'll be tough, but it will be rewarding when you get those few kids that really want to learn of take a genuine interest in the class. I've had some good relationships with professors because that's how I am.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I'm doing 60 hour weeks right now, and it's burning me out. I have a good job for someone my age, and I don't mind it much of the time, but all 60 of those hours are outside in the Texas heat. It certainly gets boring and somewhat repetitive. But I've gotten to drive pretty much every car made in the last 15 years, so that's cool.
yeah working in extreme heat sucks. but I always look at the bright side with hot weather.

I got a few months before applying for college, gonna be a big decision. want to make sure I end up in the right direction

Old 07-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
I haven't heard anything about this yet. Am I completely gullible or is this really happening?
The 15's will still have the 5.0 but that's the only V-8 and who know's how long this will be offered.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
The 15's will still have the 5.0 but that's the only V-8 and who know's how long this will be offered.
Have a feeling not very long. Heard from numerous places the 15 3.5 Eb will have more Hp. Not heard anything about 5.0 getting more. Plus the 2.7 eb is coming out also and may be pretty close to the numbers of the 5.0 in a few years.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Wonder when Ram and GM will drop the V8.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......