Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Been at Park Place Mercedes for last two years. Really enjoying the change.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 08-12-2015, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Where the heck is everybody? I'll take a stab:

* Bluejay is out mowing the lawn while his wife supervises him from her lawn chair on the front porch.

* Coy is at Wal-Mart buying more pool noodles since the ones installed in his garage have been flattened to the point of being useless.

* 281 is carting an inebriated relative from one side of town to the other. (Wish he'd take a picture -- these would be some classic shots!)

* Patman is trying to figure out what to do with the 4 parts that are left over from his massive re-build of a 2014 Land Rover. He eventually gives up, throws them in the glove box and calls it a day!

* Paw is out somewhere spending his children's inheritance.

* 88 is at Home Depot buying the supplies needed to turn his son's bedroom into a "pleasure den" for him and the missus!

Me? I'm out here working like a dog once again so I can pay for Bluejay and Paw's Social Security.....
Nope....already got that one covered....

Old 08-12-2015, 11:26 AM

I hear you, brother! In just two more weeks my wife (2nd grade teacher) and son (4th grade student) go back to school for the year!!! Since I work out of a home office and am, by nature, a bit of a loner, spending the entire summer cooped-up in the same house with the entire family is absolutely brutal for me!

This summer hasn't been as bad as past years since I've been traveling a lot, but that first day back at school marks the beginning of 9 straight months of pure bliss.....!!!!!!
I'm glad I don't work from the house...that would drive me nutz.....

More power to ya.....

Old 08-12-2015, 11:27 AM

You know what they say -- you might make enough money to "buy" a Mercedes, but you never make enough money to "own" a Mercedes.......
Troof....

Old 08-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
I'm glad I don't work from the house...that would drive me nutz.....

More power to ya.....
Working from the house is pure joy during the school year, but for the three months during the summer when both the wife and boy are off it is pure torture! The worst part is what I call the "din of idiocy" -- the boy has the living room TV constantly tuned to "Sponge Bob Square Pants" and the wife has the bedroom TV constantly tuned to "The Housewives of (Insert The Lame City)".......

There is a reason people don't bring their wife and 9-year-old to work with them every day -- it's because you can't get a freaking thing done with them in your hair every 5 minutes.....!!!!!!!

Last edited by ddellwo; 08-12-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm glad my grandsons are back in school. The 14 yr old plays in the band so I would have to pick him up and bring him to practice. Then pick him after practice and bring him home. The 7 yr old had swimming meets that started early and lasted 3 or 4 hrs so I had to attend most of those also. Lucked out with the 2 yr old because he's in daycare. Now I've got more time to do things for myself. Just got back from getting 2 new tires put on my utility trailer.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Just got off the phone with my daughter. She is meeting herself coming and going. Wants me to get moved down there so I can help haul the four kids everywhere they need to go. Also, help teach math. Kids are in football, guitar lessons dressage(RIDING) lessons, choir, scouts, 4H, and on and on. Not sure I am ready for that.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Just got off the phone with my daughter. She is meeting herself coming and going. Wants me to get moved down there so I can help haul the four kids everywhere they need to go. Also, help teach math. Kids are in football, guitar lessons dressage(RIDING) lessons, choir, scouts, 4H, and on and on. Not sure I am ready for that.
My two daughters think I'm an errand boy. I don't mine helping out it's just that they want the kids involved in everything and Pawpaw pays the price. The oldest one a few weeks ago went to Lafayette at ULL university for a band performance and I had to pick him up at 12:30 am when the buses got back. Parking lot was full of parents picking up their kids at that time of the morning.

Last edited by PawPaw; 08-12-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Happy 91st birthday Jimbo!!!

Old 08-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Happy 91st birthday Jimbo!!!
Thank you! I am beginning to feel my age, finally!

Old 08-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
We only have one kid and the wife and I feel like we are constantly running -- I can't imagine what it would be like with four of them in tow.....

We have several "friends with kids" whose parents have essentially become their default daycare and transportation service. I can never tell if they are lucky, or if they are simply taking advantage of their parents in this regard. The wife and I try to be very conscientious about when we enroll her mother for help, limiting it to only the times we really need her. Her little sister, on the other hand, seems to call mommy every time she decides the responsibility of having a kid (and a couple of hounds) impedes on her having a fabulous life -- she really takes advantage of her mom, in my opinion.....

Jim -- I'd say Dallas-Houston is the perfect distance to be from your grandchildren. Close enough that you can help when it is really needed, but far enough away that you're not constantly running an impromptu shuttle service for rug rats......

Last edited by ddellwo; 08-12-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You know what they say -- you might make enough money to "buy" a Mercedes, but you never make enough money to "own" a Mercedes.......
I've gotta remember that one to tell dad. For the last 6 months he's spent anywhere from 500 to 1400 every month to just keep it going. Funny thing is he still loves it and won't get rid of it. If it wasn't for Patrick a few of the times I'm sure he would have had to get rid of it, with what the dealers charge.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Thank you! I am beginning to feel my age, finally!
Well la de da another birthday....how does it feel to be that old?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

My younger brother's birthday today too...but he's only 66!

Last edited by PawPaw; 08-12-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:34 AM

Quick Reply: Let's start over......