Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I fail to see the humor for some reason.
Bahhh humbug

Old 10-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Working in a deep chill freezer today....brrr

-30* to -40* with a wind chill too from the circulating fans
What is this -- a food service facility of some kind where they need to flash-freeze their product on an assembly line?

Old 10-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
What is this -- a food service facility of some kind where they need to flash-freeze their product on an assembly line?
Yep

Work 45 min inside it and go out for 15 min breaks

Old 10-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 10-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Chris's FX4
What's the going rate for a restored Bronco of that vintage? Assuming non coyote?

And I don't think there is enough room to run a 6 spd Auto under there, so it's probably a dog with presumably a 4spd behind it.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Ridiculous price.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Ridiculous price.
I'll say.....

Old 10-21-2015, 07:02 AM

Old 10-21-2015, 07:04 AM

At work already....gotta leave early today

Old 10-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Well, my day out on the road with the F-150 turned out to be a bit of a bust! I had old Blue out for about a 100 mile drive on Monday and noticed that it was having some idle issues when I pulled up to a stoplight -- racing at times, normal at times, and even running up to around 4000-5000 rpm's if you put it in park. If you turned the vehicle off, it would start right back up at normal idle and work fine for a few miles until the problem reappeared.

At first I thought it might be a product of the truck having sat for a bit and that it would eventually work itself out. Then it threw the check engine light and I'm thinking maybe the TPS? Took it into the dealer and after checking the TPS and doing some throttle body cleaning they feel as if it is the accelerator pedal assembly that is causing the issue. Should have the new part in today and I'm hoping the issue is resolved! I'm sure glad I didn't order adjustable pedals when I bought the truck, because the price difference between an adjustable and fixed pedal assembly is significant!

Last edited by ddellwo; 10-21-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Well, my day out on the road with the F-150 turned out to be a bit of a bust! I had old Blue out for about a 100 mile drive on Monday and noticed that it was having some idle issues when I pulled up to a stoplight -- racing at times, normal at times, and even running up to around 4000-5000 rpm's if you put it in park. If you turned the vehicle off, it would start right back up at normal idle and work fine for a few miles until the problem reappeared.

At first I thought it might be a product of the truck having sat for a bit and that it would eventually work itself out. Then it threw the check engine light and I'm thinking maybe the TPS? Took it into the dealer and after checking the TPS and doing some throttle body cleaning they feel as if it is the accelerator pedal assembly that is causing the issue. Should have the new part in today and I'm hoping the issue is resolved! I'm sure glad I didn't order adjustable pedals when I bought the truck, because the price difference between an adjustable and fixed pedal assembly is significant!
It's used so rarely, probably just needed lubricating.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:09 AM
It's used so rarely, probably just needed lubricating.
Believe me -- I thought about that, thus the idea that with some additional driving it would work itself out! But once it threw the check engine light I figured it had to be more than that.

I have a similar "weird" issue with my 2009 Ranger in that my wife took it out for a drive last January and swore that the heater wasn't working. I thought to myself, "Ah, she's crazy and just doesn't know how to operate it!" But I take it for a drive myself and sure enough -- no heat!

That got me to thinking that until that one drive last January, the truck had NEVER been driven in the cold weather since I bought it new back in July of 2009, so it all that time, the heater had never been used! I'm wondering if that issue might be attributable to the fact that the blend door has been in a fixed position for so long that it is now stuck -- thus no heat?

That's another "fun" automotive issue I will have to get sorted out one of these days -- unless I decide to only drive that vehicle during the warm weather months (about 75% of the year down here in the Houston area) moving forward.....

Old 10-21-2015, 12:04 PM

Then it's the pedal position switch....vacuum leaks also produce eradic idling

Old 10-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Global Moderator &

09 RR has two temperature control. One in the center vent will keep heat from coming on

Old 10-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
Then it's the pedal position switch....vacuum leaks also produce eradic idling
Yes -- the new part is in and I took the truck on a short test run and everything seems to be working well. I would say the throttle response is night-and-day better than what it was before, which makes me wonder if the unit the vehicle came with from the factory might have been a little "funky" from the start since that was always one of the biggest complaints I had with the performance of the truck.....

I asked the mechanic if he thought the odd use (or disuse) of the truck might have played a role in the problem. He said he has had so many trucks (both Ford and Chevy) in for this issue once they get up around the 10-year mark that he couldn't say for sure if it's the age or the use that ends up being the primary culprit.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......