Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 09:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Today has been one of those days!

Started out getting a call from Ford saying they are almost positive that the pop is coming from my after market brake pads, they pulled everything apart and can't find anything wrong. Since they think thats the problem i have to pay diagnostics. He suggested putting Motorcraft pads back on it and it would fix it. After already owing 130 bucks for diagnostics i figured it would be worth it to pay a extra 52 and get them to put the pads on. I really doubt its going to fix the problem though. He did tell me if it didn't fix the problem then i would have leverage on the dealership. Whatever that means. So it'll be ready tomorrow.

Went to lunch with dad today and he said the oil pressure light was on the 99 M Class. Popped the hood and the coolant tank was dry, pulled the dip stick and had chocolate milk all over the dipstick, quart high and oil cap was covered in thick white crap.

So had to get the "new" 02 insured and ready to go for him, had to jump through hoops because he has to many vehicles on the policy and they wanted to make a 3rd different policy for just the 02. So i was going to add it to my insurance and Geico told me the same thing. 3 max vehicles on a policy so i would have to make a 2nd policy for the 02. So Finally got that figured out.

Went to take the 02 pulled up in his driveway and the neighbor across the alley had a fire and it was about to catch his fence on fire too. Ran over and kicked the fire out, Melted my shoe (damn it)

Next went to get in the cavalier and noticed it was leaning, flat left rear tire

Went to grab a bite to eat and mcdonalds screwed my order up.

So it is technically beer 30 for me.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:48 PM
I thought I had a bad day

Old 03-24-2016, 11:13 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts
Damn! driven that bridge a thousand times

Old 03-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Today has been one of those days!

Started out getting a call from Ford saying they are almost positive that the pop is coming from my after market brake pads, they pulled everything apart and can't find anything wrong. Since they think thats the problem i have to pay diagnostics. He suggested putting Motorcraft pads back on it and it would fix it. After already owing 130 bucks for diagnostics i figured it would be worth it to pay a extra 52 and get them to put the pads on. I really doubt its going to fix the problem though. He did tell me if it didn't fix the problem then i would have leverage on the dealership. Whatever that means. So it'll be ready tomorrow.

Went to lunch with dad today and he said the oil pressure light was on the 99 M Class. Popped the hood and the coolant tank was dry, pulled the dip stick and had chocolate milk all over the dipstick, quart high and oil cap was covered in thick white crap.

So had to get the "new" 02 insured and ready to go for him, had to jump through hoops because he has to many vehicles on the policy and they wanted to make a 3rd different policy for just the 02. So i was going to add it to my insurance and Geico told me the same thing. 3 max vehicles on a policy so i would have to make a 2nd policy for the 02. So Finally got that figured out.

Went to take the 02 pulled up in his driveway and the neighbor across the alley had a fire and it was about to catch his fence on fire too. Ran over and kicked the fire out, Melted my shoe (damn it)

Next went to get in the cavalier and noticed it was leaning, flat left rear tire

Went to grab a bite to eat and mcdonalds screwed my order up.

So it is technically beer 30 for me.
I think I would have stayed in bed today!

Old 03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Howdy folks! Haven't checked in with you guys in quite some time. I got a new position at work about a month ago, so I've been super busy, plus my stupid password needed to be reset and I couldn't remember my old one, and I didn't feel like dealing with it!

I hope all is well with you guys. In addition to the new job last month, I got engaged a few days ago after nearly 6 years together.

The truck is running well. I just took it on a trip to St. Augustine for the week. It's been quite awhile since I've done any mods to it, so I'm starting to feel the itch again! It's good to see the usuals still active. I've got my password sorted out with the mobile app now, so I should be able to hang out regularly again. Where else am I going to find out the weather for the day in other parts of the country?

Old 03-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Howdy folks! Haven't checked in with you guys in quite some time. I got a new position at work about a month ago, so I've been super busy, plus my stupid password needed to be reset and I couldn't remember my old one, and I didn't feel like dealing with it!

I hope all is well with you guys. In addition to the new job last month, I got engaged a few days ago after nearly 6 years together.

The truck is running well. I just took it on a trip to St. Augustine for the week. It's been quite awhile since I've done any mods to it, so I'm starting to feel the itch again! It's good to see the usuals still active. I've got my password sorted out with the mobile app now, so I should be able to hang out regularly again. Where else am I going to find out the weather for the day in other parts of the country?
Thanks for the warning!

Old 03-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts
Congrats!

Where else am I going to find out the weather for the day in other parts of the country?
https://thef###ingweather.com

(You'll have to fix the link)

It's actually a very simple funny weather website

Old 03-25-2016, 07:06 PM
I got my baby back! It's been a long 2 days, been driving the 4.6 and let's just say it's about as quick as the cavalier

The EB seems like a Nascar compared to the 10th gen.

No more pop from LF so far and I don't notice the vibration when unloaded now, maybe slip yoke helped?

Old 03-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Got home yesterday afternoon and was reminded why I still enjoy working. She put me. To work digging up some hedges that had been in the ground for 30 years. Today I get to work on the deck again.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Got home yesterday afternoon and was reminded why I still enjoy working. She put me. To work digging up some hedges that had been in the ground for 30 years. Today I get to work on the deck again.
Reminds me that I need to write a check to my lawn guy for trimming my shrubs and laying down new mulch this week.....

Old 03-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Reminds me that I need to write a check to my lawn guy for trimming my shrubs and laying down new mulch this week.....
That reminds me I AM the lawn guy.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
That reminds me I AM the lawn guy.
Seriously, Dude -- that job sucks.....

Old 03-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Seriously, Dude -- that job sucks.....
Truer words thou hath never spoken!

Old 03-26-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Coy I think I would gone back to bed the other day lol!

Congrats John!!!

Old 03-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
We had the annual Good Friday crawfish boil yesterday at Grand Isle...lots of work but worth it. Took time out to look at the Cobra replica.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......