Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 07:05 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 05-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
UPS needs to get their crap together. My Grille came from GA to Dallas in 2 days. Its been sitting in Dallas since 7am yesterday all day, got to dfw airport at 950 last night and now its going to sit there until monday according to tracking

Old 05-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
UPS needs to get their crap together. My Grille came from GA to Dallas in 2 days. Its been sitting in Dallas since 7am yesterday all day, got to dfw airport at 950 last night and now its going to sit there until monday according to tracking
They have to wait that long before they collect enough packages to make it worth driving all the way down to "BFE" where you live.....

Old 05-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
They have to wait that long before they collect enough packages to make it worth driving all the way down to "BFE" where you live.....

It's only going to Grapevine. When stuff comes here it leaves DFW fast, usually within a few hours. Hopefully it gets delivered Monday, more time ups has it more chance of it being damaged

Old 05-13-2016, 04:56 PM
It went from rescheduled to delivered.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Booked the family vacation this week -- the three of us are heading up to Lake Tahoe for a week the end of July! The last "big" family vacation we took was two summers ago to Disney World -- for my taste, one solid week of unadulterated misery.......

Tahoe should be much better for the things the boy and I like to do -- nice cool weather, some decent hiking, maybe a run up to Donner State Park to look at the exhibits about the infamous Donner Party, do the Zephyr Cruise on the lake one day, etc......

Would kind of like to be up there for "Hot August Nights" but that would probably be a little too "car centric" to keep the wife happy.....

Old 05-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Booked the family vacation this week -- the three of us are heading up to Lake Tahoe for a week the end of July! The last "big" family vacation we took was two summers ago to Disney World -- for my taste, one solid week of unadulterated misery.......

Tahoe should be much better for the things the boy and I like to do -- nice cool weather, some decent hiking, maybe a run up to Donner State Park to look at the exhibits about the infamous Donner Party, do the Zephyr Cruise on the lake one day, etc......

Would kind of like to be up there for "Hot August Nights" but that would probably be a little too "car centric" to keep the wife happy.....
Sounds fun, we are booked mid July for Colorado again. Love that state, instead on Colorado Springs we are going up to Denver Area, found a nice cabin about 15 miles east In a rural area. The boy starts school in August so we had to adjust vacation, been going around Sept/Oct years past

Old 05-13-2016, 09:32 PM
Sounds fun, we are booked mid July for Colorado again. Love that state, instead on Colorado Springs we are going up to Denver Area, found a nice cabin about 15 miles east In a rural area. The boy starts school in August so we had to adjust vacation, been going around Sept/Oct years past
We thought about Colorado as well, but decided that all the stuff we wanted to do was so spread out that we'd end up spending too much time in the car. Tahoe is compact, beautiful, cool and (hopefully) relaxing!

Also thinking about doing a road trip to Albuquerque over Christmas so the boy can see where his mom grew up!

Old 05-13-2016, 11:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
It's only going to Grapevine.
Literally one of the closest businesses just outside of DFW airport complex, which is where the big UPS transfer center is

Old 05-14-2016, 12:26 PM

Nice little cool front came in with some rain todays high is 78.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Beautiful day...high 80's and low humidity. Washed the truck and then hosed off my carport and in front of the garage.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Paw and Coy must be living charmed lives -- I just stuck my head out the door and it's as humid as any other May day here in Houston......

Old 05-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
He thinks low humidity is 80%.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Kind of trapped in the neighborhood here today -- there's some stupid "Iron Man" competition going on and our subdivision is surrounded by the bicycle route! Can't get out one of our entrances and the other has a flagman there with a big back-up of cars while everyone waits for these meatheads to ride through town on their bikes.....

Old 05-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Good grief, just had a interesting hour. We headed to the New Walmart in town to get some Tiki Torches. I'm driving the M CLASS this week. Get half way there and come up on a policeman sitting at a cross road. We passed by him and he fell in behind us, got about 3 miles down the road and another cop got behind the first one.

We are thinking what the heck, kept going and then a detective car joined, all of a sudden the cops got on both sides and the detective In front and flipped on the lights. I immediately pulled over, all 3 jumped out of the car told me to get out.

They thought I was involved with a hit and run causing injury that happened about a hour before. They said a maroon suv was involved with left side damage. I nicely told them it wasn't us and the damage happened in November last year, the detective kept arguing that the damage is consistent with what witness' said. I pointed to the fender and said it's rusty, no way in hell it would rust in a hour, he then mouthed off saying the vehicle is clean and I could have washed it, therefore it rusted. WTF.

After being detained for 30mins and a bunch of back and forth they finally decided they had the wrong vehicle! My wife pulled out the accident report from November showing the detective and that seemed to help. Over all it was a hell of a experience

Quick Reply: Let's start over......