Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
That was a rough night!

Old 05-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Kinda funny, yesterday with it so warm and humid I went to harbor freight and grabbed some moving blankets for the cars incase of hail. Decided to put em on the Suv, Cavalier and wife's car last night to cover the windshield and hood. Wife looked at me like I was nuts but it paid off this morning. I think we had a 20 percent chance of storms last night

Old 05-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I love my HFreight moving blankets. Picked them up on sale a while back. Put them to good use

Not sure why a V6 truck would need moving blankets tho? It's barely capable to move out of its own way

Old 05-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
I love my HFreight moving blankets. Picked them up on sale a while back. Put them to good use

Not sure why a V6 truck would need moving blankets tho? It's barely capable to move out of its own way
Did I say anything about my v6 truck? It's in the garage well protected :

Old 05-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions for getting a food smell out of the truck? Yesterday I was transporting a massive tray of collard greens for a luncheon, and gobs of the juices leaked out all over the floorboards of my back seat. Luckily, my Weathertechs saved the day, and they caught almost all of the juices! I literally had a pool of juice sloshing around in my back seat being contained by the mats! Eek! Anyway, only a small amount made its way over the top of the mats and onto the carpet. I cleaned that one carpet spot, soaked up the majority of the juices with an entire roll of paper towels, and then I pulled the mat out very carefully, dumped the remaining juices, and washed it off with a water hose. I left the truck outside with all four doors open all day yesterday to air it out, and so far most of the smell is gone. But every now and then I climb into the truck and it smells like a southern cookout Any suggestions?

Here's the mat after I soaked a lot of it up

Name:  8A0298AD-9389-4F51-82FA-944DD9EC8953_zpsukoy7zt6.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  218.9 KB

Old 05-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mom's boyfriend finally got something reliable and in good shape to drive...

Old 05-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Anyone have any suggestions for getting a food smell out of the truck? Yesterday I was transporting a massive tray of collard greens for a luncheon, and gobs of the juices leaked out all over the floorboards of my back seat. Luckily, my Weathertechs saved the day, and they caught almost all of the juices! I literally had a pool of juice sloshing around in my back seat being contained by the mats! Eek! Anyway, only a small amount made its way over the top of the mats and onto the carpet. I cleaned that one carpet spot, soaked up the majority of the juices with an entire roll of paper towels, and then I pulled the mat out very carefully, dumped the remaining juices, and washed it off with a water hose. I left the truck outside with all four doors open all day yesterday to air it out, and so far most of the smell is gone. But every now and then I climb into the truck and it smells like a southern cookout Any suggestions?

Folex from Lowe's or home depot and a brush. Then dry with towel

Old 05-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Global Moderator &

Put some catsup on it !

Old 05-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Just had another storm. Hard rain small hail, it literally stopped raining and within 2 mins sun is out a and clear blue sky.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The rain is coming down in buckets again here on the north side of Houston. The wife and about a dozen other teachers are stranded at school for the night since the roads are impassable because of high water. Fortunately, I picked the boy up early because of an awards ceremony at school, otherwise he'd be stuck there with his mom!

Old 05-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I took a drunk girl home from a high school party in my '72 Monte Carlo and she puked on my carpet before I could get her back to her house. Any time I got in the car after that (especially on a warm summer day) there was always a hint of puke in the air. Not sure how puke compares to collard green juice when it comes to staying power, but I know someone who is about to find out.....

Old 05-26-2016, 11:23 PM
Got everything loaded up and packed for fort worth tomorrow, My son is most excited about the trip because we get to stop at subway for lunch tomorrow. The kid goes nuts over Sandwiches.

Wife is happy cause she gets to see her brother, and i'm happy my grill will be ready. Plan on coming back saturday evening and putting that bad boy on as soon as i get home

Old 05-27-2016, 02:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a spray called "Natures Miracle" it works wonders. Paid for pet odours. It works for everything though just follow the directions on the bottle. Available at most pet places.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Old 05-27-2016, 09:14 AM
Global Moderator &

Rained all night in Athens, storms in Burleson.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......