Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already walked the dog. I do need to try to get some sleep too. It is LATE for me and I have to be up early in the morning.

Night all!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by awalkinrain
I already walked the dog. I do need to try to get some sleep too. It is LATE for me and I have to be up early in the morning.

Night all!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Two sassy, smartmothed women are two more than I can handle at one time!
Chicken!!

I come here for the first time in months and you all leave...what a fine how-do-you-do! Like you need sleep or something...sheesh...

Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
Chicken!!

I come here for the first time in months and you all leave...what a fine how-do-you-do! Like you need sleep or something...sheesh...
By the time I get everything closed up for the nite, it will be 2:30 or so before I get to bed. I need a little bit of sleep. You need to get here a little earlier.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:42 AM
It is early!! It's only 11:41 here!

Have a good night darlin'

Old 12-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by wild-mtn-rose
It is early!! It's only 11:41 here!

Have a good night darlin'
You, too Rose, nice to talk to you again.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Global Moderator &

Got the latest batch of leaves mulched, but it was some chore! Had 35-40 mph winds. I used the blower to herd them away from flower beds, etc then had to chase them down with the mower. The wind nearly drove me nuts!

Hopefully, tomorrow I will get the wheel/tires changed out just in time for Mondays storms. May go to the bookstore and get some books after that, I'm running low.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm hoping my leaves will magically disappear.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Stealth
I'm hoping my leaves will magically disappear.
When we have a South wind, such as today, we have a yard that is like a catcher's mitt for all the leaves that disappear from the yards higher up the hill. Just our trees would be enough, but you add all those, it's a killer.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:41 AM

When we have a South wind, such as today, we have a yard that is like a catcher's mitt for all the leaves that disappear from the yards higher up the hill. Just our trees would be enough, but you add all those, it's a killer.
I just hate when they get in the gutters. I always wait until all the neighborhood leaves fall before I clean them out.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Global Moderator &

I just hate when they get in the gutters. I always wait until all the neighborhood leaves fall before I clean them out.
The gutters on the edge of the roof? Yep, me too. Most of my gutters are covered with a mesh wire, so they don't collect, but I have one section that isn't, so I have to keep that cleaned out. Also, the upstars deck collects leaves between the planks, so those have to be cleaned out regularly.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:53 AM

The gutters on the edge of the roof? Yep, me too. Most of my gutters are covered with a mesh wire, so they don't collect, but I have one section that isn't, so I have to keep that cleaned out. Also, the upstars deck collects leaves between the planks, so those have to be cleaned out regularly.
I can't see putting mesh on them since mine clog up so easily with little branches and when the maple buds out early and then it freezes the buds would drop through the mesh. I have had to remove the downspouts before when the maple leaf buds collect in them during a hard rain. If they clog the maple buds will swell when they get wet, and the downspouts are hard to clean out when it's packed in there real good. Big PITA.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Global Moderator &

I can't see putting mesh on them since mine clog up so easily with little branches and when the maple buds out early and then it freezes the buds would drop through the mesh. I have had to remove the downspouts before when the maple leaf buds collect in them during a hard rain. If they clog the maple buds will swell when they get wet, and the downspouts are hard to clean out when it's packed in there real good. Big PITA.
It was on there when we bought the house, 16 years ago. Never had a problem with it other than the section where the roofers messed it up. Ended up having to remove that section, thats where I have to clean out the gutter. Don't have maples, just oaks and a mulberry. Have lots of twigs, they just slide off.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:06 AM

It was on there when we bought the house, 16 years ago. Never had a problem with it other than the section where the roofers messed it up. Ended up having to remove that section, thats where I have to clean out the gutter. Don't have maples, just oaks and a mulberry. Have lots of twigs, they just slide off.
My parents just had some giant downspouts added to their gutters. Those suckers are going to flow some serious water. They also routed one downspout and directed it to the side yard to keep it from draining in the backyard where the water pools up. I'm sure some sort of rodent will eventually call it home.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Global Moderator &

My parents just had some giant downspouts added to their gutters. Those suckers are going to flow some serious water. They also routed one downspout and directed it to the side yard to keep it from draining in the backyard where the water pools up. I'm sure some sort of rodent will eventually call it home.
They should have it all run into an underground cistern that can hold it to be used on the grass later.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......