Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
The Golf channel has helped my game tremendously. I am very mechanically inclined, so the mechanics of the grip and swing are intriguing to me. Kind of comes naturally. Other things in life, not so much.
If you have trouble with the swing, try finding a bit from Bobby Jones. He makes it very simple and thats how I learned most of my swing(it was on the golf channel years ago). If you can't find it though I can try and explain it on here. Grip is one of a kind, just use what works for you, the experts aren't always right on the grip.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I used to have a pretty good swing when i played a lot. Now, each swing is an adventure.
Haha! I know that. Now that I'm on days I'm going to hit the range more. I really need to work on that driver.

I also am going to regrip all the clubs. I still haven't regripped the irons I got from you. Those suckers are slick. That's an adventure!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
You groove a decent swing that you can trust. One that is repeatable even when there is tension in the arms, then the rest is mental.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
You groove a decent swing that you can trust. One that is repeatable even when there is tension in the arms, then the rest is mental.
Golf is easily 95% mental. If i could just put it in ym head to take it one shot at a time, do what I know is right for each shot, I could be really good. I just get out there and play.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jditta
If you have trouble with the swing, try finding a bit from Bobby Jones. He makes it very simple and thats how I learned most of my swing(it was on the golf channel years ago). If you can't find it though I can try and explain it on here. Grip is one of a kind, just use what works for you, the experts aren't always right on the grip.
I'm thinking regripping will help a bit.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM

Yep, mental. Biggest part of the game.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
What kinda clubs do you play? I need new irons bad(I have the very first titliest DTR Irons).

Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Golf is easily 95% mental. If i could just put it in ym head to take it one shot at a time, do what I know is right for each shot, I could be really good. I just get out there and play.
We usually at some point in a round, start trying shots that have a low percentage of success. There goes the score. I used to play with the same group of guys every Sat morning, about 16 of us. We had a game and played for the money we all put into the kitty. I will never forget one day, I had a great round going. I was on the 16th hole and if I parred out, would have my first ever round of even par and would win about $80 and crowing rights. There was also money for the lowest team. The guy I was playing/riding with was an attorney friend with a great sense of humor. The 16th was a long par 5 and the tee shot had to carry to a corner for a dogleg right. I faded my tee shot into the trees on the right and had a very small window to go over and out of trouble. I could have chipped out in the fairway and probably save bogey, but no, I had to pull off the shot. After hitting two ***** out of bounds, the buddy said "Smith, I just now realized, there is nothing wrong with your swing, it's your %6%$$ head". He was correct.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 AM

What kinda clubs do you play? I need new irons bad(I have the very first titliest DTR Irons).
Callaway Big Bertha X12 Irons, Orlimar Hip Ti 460 cc Driver (just got it used off Ebay) and a Orlimar VT 830 #3 Fairway Metal (got it with the driver), Utility club (can't remember the brand), Ray cook blue goose 3 putter.

I've only hit the Orlimar driver and 3 wood once at the range, very impressed with them. The irons need a regrip, but I love them, very consistent.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:36 AM
We usually at some point in a round, start trying shots that have a low percentage of success. There goes the score. I used to play with the same group of guys every Sat morning, about 16 of us. We had a game and played for the money we all put into the kitty. I will never forget one day, I had a great round going. I was on the 16th hole and if I parred out, would have my first ever round of even par and would win about $80 and crowing rights. There was also money for the lowest team. The guy I was playing/riding with was an attorney friend with a great sense of humor. The 16th was a long par 5 and the tee shot had to carry to a corner for a dogleg right. I faded my tee shot into the trees on the right and had a very small window to go over and out of trouble. I could have chipped out in the fairway and probably save bogey, but no, I had to pull off the shot. After hitting two ***** out of bounds, the buddy said "Smith, I just now realized, there is nothing wrong with your swing, it's your %6%$$ head". He was correct.
I have only shot even par once in my life. ButI have been in your situation before and just can't do the easy thing, I don't know why. I love the challenge I guess.

Stealth- Those are good clubs, I forgot all about Orlimar clubs. The callaways are very good, especially the irons. Very forgiving with the technologyt hey use now.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:43 AM

I have only shot even par once in my life. ButI have been in your situation before and just can't do the easy thing, I don't know why. I love the challenge I guess.

Stealth- Those are good clubs, I forgot all about Orlimar clubs. The callaways are very good, especially the irons. Very forgiving with the technologyt hey use now.
I got the irons and utility club from Jim, used. Actually it's all used, except for the putter which I got for $13 on ebay.

I'm going to regrip all the woods and irons. Got some golf pride grips off ebay yesterday.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
I've played Callaway irons for years. They are my favorites. I have played about every brand of driver that is made at one time or other and am hitting an Adams now.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
I got the irons and utility club from Jim, used. Actually it's all used, except for the putter which I got for $13 on ebay.

I'm going to regrip all the woods and irons. Got some golf pride grips off ebay yesterday.
Never heard of them, but if they are comfortable to you thats all that matters. Mine could use a regripping as well, especially my driver and irons.

I wish I could learn to putt.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Never heard of them, but if they are comfortable to you thats all that matters. Mine could use a regripping as well, especially my driver and irons.

I wish I could learn to putt.
The short game is where you score. Chipping and putting.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 AM
The short game is where you score. Chipping and putting.
Unfortunatley I can't do either consistently. Or I can in some peoples eyes, but not up to my expectations. My dad has the Adams clubs and he loves them. I live and die with the cleveland clubs. My driver is my fave club to hit, I just can't fork out the dough to get the cleveland irons.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......