Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay

You did a pretty good job of keeping things in line while I was out suffering.
I know! I had them all so scared of stepping out of line that they basically just stayed away.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

That is no fun. What type of plant?
Printing plant. We print all those post it notes on the front of just about every newspaper in the US. We've just started doing them for Europe too. You know the ones you have to peel off before you can read the front page headline.

Last 2 1/2 months have been extremely slow. To give you an idea. We printed 30 million the week before Thanksgiving. Last week we printed around 6 million.

If the media would quit reporting doom and gloom maybe this economy would go somewhere.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts
Yesterday was a great day for golf, 75, a little windy. First time in a year to play. Started out so ugly, I was ready to quit after 6 holes. Just felt all out of sync. I figured the score was ruined and relaxed and then things started to come together. Ended up with a 54-41 for a 95. Southern Oaks is a pretty tough layout. Now I'm ready to play again! I did get a little sunburn!

Got home and attacked the window regulator. Had to call an expert(not a friend), for one bit of info. Stealth new how to remove the black tabs that I mistakenly thought were glued to the glass. It went resonably well and all works great. Good to have it fixed. When things are broken like that, it drives me nuts. The regulator was $152 but I saved about $200 on labor, plus didn't have to take it in for a day.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by mxracer49
Printing plant. We print all those post it notes on the front of just about every newspaper in the US. We've just started doing them for Europe too. You know the ones you have to peel off before you can read the front page headline.

Last 2 1/2 months have been extremely slow. To give you an idea. We printed 30 million the week before Thanksgiving. Last week we printed around 6 million.

If the media would quit reporting doom and gloom maybe this economy would go somewhere.
Sorry to hear that mx. I hope your job is not in jeopardy. Lots of companies are going through some really bad times right now. I work in a law office and I am seeing notices of bankrptcy filings coming through here frequently.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Global Moderator &

So you are the one that irritates me when I pick up the paper!

I agree fully, the negative press keeps it feeding on itself. I guarntee that if they started telling everyone that it's not as bad as thought, things would reverse. I also know that some companies are taking the opportunity to trim some fat while they can do so without negative press.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 AM

41 on the back is pretty salty! I used to play about 3 to 4 times a week and tournaments at least every other weekend with my Dad. Of course this was 12 years ago before we had kids. Now, I'm lucky to play 2-3 times a year. And it shows! Still love it though.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Yesterday was a great day for golf, 75, a little windy. First time in a year to play. Started out so ugly, I was ready to quit after 6 holes. Just felt all out of sync. I figured the score was ruined and relaxed and then things started to come together. Ended up with a 54-41 for a 95. Southern Oaks is a pretty tough layout. Now I'm ready to play again! I did get a little sunburn!

Got home and attacked the window regulator. Had to call an expert(not a friend), for one bit of info. Stealth new how to remove the black tabs that I mistakenly thought were glued to the glass. It went resonably well and all works great. Good to have it fixed. When things are broken like that, it drives me nuts. The regulator was $152 but I saved about $200 on labor, plus didn't have to take it in for a day.

Sounds like a very good day for you! Good job on the window thingy. Now I know who to call when mine goes out.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Global Moderator &

41 on the back is pretty salty! I used to play about 3 to 4 times a week and tournaments at least every other weekend with my Dad. Of course this was 12 years ago before we had kids. Now, I'm lucky to play 2-3 times a year. And it shows! Still love it though.
Yep, used to play a lot, at least once a week, sometimes twice. Belonged to a club, and got the handicap to 10. Never made it to the single digits. The last 7 or 8 years, I have played once or twice a year.

If you have kids at home, golf takes too much time.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 AM

I'm not sure if it's better to just play once or twice a year or just not play at all. I get so damn frustrated. You think you should be able to hit the ball like you used too. My short game just kills me when I don't play in awhile.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM

Blue was wondering if they changed something on the site regarding sigs. I lost my sig yesterday and had to upload it to a hosting site.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Global Moderator &

I'm not sure if it's better to just play once or twice a year or just not play at all. I get so damn frustrated. You think you should be able to hit the ball like you used too. My short game just kills me when I don't play in awhile.
Yes, it's the short game where you have no feel at all. To make that worse, the course I played yesterday has elevated greens, lots of bunkers and not a level spot on the greens. So, short game was miserable. The course was designed by Mark Brooks with the expectation of getting some Pro tournies.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by awalkinrain
Sorry to hear that mx. I hope your job is not in jeopardy. Lots of companies are going through some really bad times right now. I work in a law office and I am seeing notices of bankrptcy filings coming through here frequently.
Well I hope I'm safe. I have 4 people I supervise in the art dept. I've been here about 22 years. But it can happen to anyone!

The people they let go are fairly new employees. Each press have about 4 people to run it. The press operator and and 3 helpers. The helpers are the ones that are getting let go. We just can't keep all the presses running with so little work.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Global Moderator &

All this work is making me hungry!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Yay I get to go to the DMV today...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Zaairman
Yay I get to go to the DMV today...
You graduating from beginner's license to the real thing?

Quick Reply: Let's start over......