Swimming Pool Pop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swimming Pool Pop-ups

Holy Crap! talk about expensive! Dang things are $60 each and i got about 15 of them in my pool. the pool has reached that age and they are all wearing out on me! anyone own a pool buisiness and can hook it up? or know someone?

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Suspended
whats a swimming pool pop up? Is the concrete popping up or something?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 PM
lol that sig is gross!

pop ups for the in-floor cleaning system.

http://www.aamfg.com/art_products/qq_pool_diagram.jpg

Old 05-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I know what you're talking about man. I hate those little things. Watch out because they all go within a couple months of each other...

I just bought the warranty through Shasta for those suckers since they built my pool, do it early and it'll save you big bucks. Now I just take it in and say it broke and they give me a new one.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are those the jets that pop up from the bottom to move the dirt to the skimmer? I don't have them but when they built our pool the builder said they are not a good idea. He compared a pool to a boat. The fewer the holes for water to leak through the better. I have 4 really strong jet that push most of the dirt near or to the skimmer. I either brush it to the skimmer or get the hose and vac attachment out.

A lot of my friends have the automatic pool cleaners but mine really does not get too bad (pool is screened in). I spent the money converting to salt instead. That was the best investment I have ever made.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 PM
The thread title made think there might be some perversity going on in here... So, I came in to check it out.

Nothing to see here.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:32 PM
An in-floor cleaning system on our 50x25 pool would leave my Kreepy without a job

Old 05-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Arca_ex
I know what you're talking about man. I hate those little things. Watch out because they all go within a couple months of each other...

I just bought the warranty through Shasta for those suckers since they built my pool, do it early and it'll save you big bucks. Now I just take it in and say it broke and they give me a new one.
I bought the house with the pool already built and i called shasta and they are not under warranty. They are all starting to go out. Ive replaced a few so far and seems like everytime i do another goes out. Ohh well, at least i gotta a pool!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by SIK-06
I bought the house with the pool already built and i called shasta and they are not under warranty. They are all starting to go out. Ive replaced a few so far and seems like everytime i do another goes out. Ohh well, at least i gotta a pool!
Aw that sucks man. When they start, they won't finish breaking until you've replaced them all. It's best to try and find a pool shop that will do a warranty on their parts or something or cut a deal on a bulk buy. It seems like every couple of years mine all break from all this sun in AZ, so I went to a pool shop and got a bunch under warranty. That warranty has already paid itself back

Or you can try investing in some metal ones but I thought the price on those were a bit steep...

Old 05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Arca_ex
Aw that sucks man. When they start, they won't finish breaking until you've replaced them all. It's best to try and find a pool shop that will do a warranty on their parts or something or cut a deal on a bulk buy. It seems like every couple of years mine all break from all this sun in AZ, so I went to a pool shop and got a bunch under warranty. That warranty has already paid itself back

Or you can try investing in some metal ones but I thought the price on those were a bit steep...
what shop did you go to?

Quick Reply: Swimming Pool Pop-ups