History Made Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Do you think there might be any other reason why unemployment is higher for the black population than for whites? Or do you think it's purely because black candidates are being discriminated against.

Could this have anything to do with it?

Also, I've been wondering this for a while, what is the proper term for the black equivalent of "White Trash"?

- NCSU
victom of "THE MAN"

Old 06-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by po1911
victom of "THE MAN"
"Amen Brotha !!!"

Old 06-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMan
The reason the hispanics have a high drop out rate is because they are all working construction by the age of 15! Hispanics are some hard working ****'s
You're damn skippy about that! In college I lived across the street from two houses that were rented by a buncha young guys (20's to early 30's) from Mexico who painted houses.

They worked all day long, in the hot NC summers and would come home and drink beers on their front porch. Some of us knew a bit of Spanish so we'd go over and drink with them, they were a good group of guys who never once complained about anything. They were here to work and they got paid more than they could back home. They'd send the money back to their families, and after a couple of years they all planned on going back and enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I know of one word but everyone gets upset when you say it.
Yeah, we all know that word, but this has been a civil discussion so far and I don't want to change that. That said, I am still curious... Can anyone help me out?

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 06-06-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Suspended
You're damn skippy about that! In college I lived across the street from two houses that were rented by a buncha young guys (20's to early 30's) from Mexico who painted houses.

They worked all day long, in the hot NC summers and would come home and drink beers on their front porch. Some of us knew a bit of Spanish so we'd go over and drink with them, they were a good group of guys who never once complained about anything. They were here to work, they sent the money back home, and after a couple of years they all planned on going back and enjoying the fruits of their labor.

- NCSU
and for every hard woking one in NC there are fifty of them sucking on the government tit in AZ

Old 06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Suspended
Black Trash?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and for every hard woking one in NC there are fifty of them sucking on the government tit in AZ
I guess those were the ones who were too lazy to go any further once they got across the boarder...

What is the Hispanic version of "White Trash"? I don't think I've ever heard of that.

- NCSU

Old 06-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BigMan
...We just all need to have some faith in our leaders and hope they are working towards the goal of creating a better United States of America and not trying to persue personal agendas.
Yes sir, and I'll do that now if you will in January.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Hersh, what ever happened to the having most qualified person/company get the job?

I think it's pure BS that ANYONE gets a legal advantage over ANYONE else.
President Lyndon Baines Johnson, his cabinet, and congress disagrees with you.

Originally Posted by Lyndon Baines Johnson
"You do not take a person who for years has been hobbled by chains, liberate him and bring him to the starting line of a race and say, 'You are free to compete with others,' and still justly believe that you have been completely fair."

************************************************** ******************************

Originally Posted by Thomas McPherson
“I believe that affirmative action is an absolute necessity if African-Americans, women and other minorities are to realize their full potential in the American job market and in other institutions.

We as responsible citizens must face and deal with the undeniable fact that affirmative action has its roots in American racism and sexism. This society from the beginning of the Republic has taught us that skin color is destiny, and that whiteness is to be revered. It should therefore be understandable that white males take their preferences as a matter of natural right and consider any alteration of that right offensive.

WHITE MALES HAVE enjoyed racial preferences through five centuries in this country. Power and wealth are overwhelmingly skewed their way primarily because of that historical reality. We have in fact achieved a society based more on merit as a result of affirmative action than we have ever previously enjoyed in this country.”
-I couldn’t have said it better myself..

Old 06-06-2008, 12:32 PM

And a US citizen, that doesn't have a construction job anymore; because, he can't afford to work for low wages and support his family here in the States. Maybe we should all live in rundown houses, with five of our buddies, send our families and money to Mexico, and move there for early retirement.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
There cannot be equality when some groups (be it by race, sex, sexual orientation, etc) demand special treatment, regardless of whether or not the programs they want actually result in benefits to those groups.
Is it special treatment, or is it a chance for minorities to compete?

I don’t know you NCSU, but I do know every time I’ve engaged in a debate about AA, I always pick up a vibe many white guys feel they are being pushed out of jobs by unqualified / under-qualified black candidates. I hesitate to call it a sense of entitlement, but- that’s what it feels like. Like they’ve somehow lost something they were owed. No one is “owed” anything, aside from a chance to compete. That’s what AA represents.

What gives them that perception? What makes them think “John” was any better then “Dexter” when they applied for the same job? What makes folks think that somehow, some way, the black people that are working, are only working because of programs like Affirmative Action? You know what? There may be some truth to that, because were it not for AA, I guarantee you, there’d be far fewer blacks and minorities in corporate America. We’d be looked over, and corporate America would return to the white male-only social clubs they were through 1964. They might have white women working there, but they’d all be secretaries, and any blacks working there would be custodians, and the Hispanics would be groundskeepers. Hypothetical, stereotypical BS- but that’s what I bet corporate America would look like. Not the diverse faces we see today.

Why would Coca Cola recruit at a historically black university like Grambling, when a historically white university like Louisiana Tech is 5-miles east of it? Our (black’s) resume’s would be in the round file (trash can), and we’d never have the chance to show we can compete, and that we are as good as any white employee would be too.

Could you imagine the reaction if there was a National Association for the Advancement of Caucasian People, or if Universities offered scholarships that are for male students only? People need to earn opportunities to advance, not given those opportunities based on their genetics.- NCSU
America is, and has been dominated by white-owned, white-led everything from government to private industry. Associations like the United Negro College Fund and NAACP existed mainly to give underprivledged blacks assistance to get into college (I never got a dime from them, nor did I ask for one), and to ensure (or to speak out against) instances where there were clear differences in how blacks were treated as opposed to whites in similar circumstances.

There’s a lot to be offended by if you look for it. BET provides entertainment for black people because the big three (CBS, ABC, NBC) usually don’t have long running shows featuring black casts. There were no black Friends, Seinfeld didn’t have any black homeboys, neither did Tim to Toolman Taylor, etcetera. We want to see ourselves on TV too, and after shows like Martin, The Jeffersons, Good Times, etc went off of mainstream TV, BET came up, and showed re-runs of old shows like that, along with R&B and Hip-Hop music videos.

You guys don’t watch BET, anymore than I watch CMT- but, if it makes you feel any better- MTV owns BET.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
President Lyndon Baines Johnson, his cabinet, and congress disagrees with you.

************************************************** ******************************

-I couldn’t have said it better myself..
A lot has happened in the last 40 years. A lot more could have if certain people would try a little harder to improve thier own situation. You can only hold someones hand so long before it's time let them go it on their own. Maybe we aren't there yet; but, for some people... Will we ever be?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you think there might be any other reason why unemployment is higher for the black population than for whites? Or do you think it's purely because black candidates are being discriminated against.

Could this have anything to do with it?

Also, I've been wondering this for a while, what is the proper term for the black equivalent of "White Trash"?

- NCSU
I'm sure that has something to do with it... Along with a dose of discrimination as well.

My friend's son graduated last night from an Alternative school- a school for" bad kids" who simply could not get on board in a regular public school. And, were it not for "Alternative" schools, they woudl have been drop outs too.

Of that class of 186 seniors, maybe 30 of them were black, 25 - 30 or them were Latino, 2 - 3 Asians, and probably 120 white kids. So, don't put too much faith in the drop out rate as the singular cause of higher black unemployment. Sure, it doesn't help matters- but they're probably victims of the "Good ol' Boy preference" rate too.

But, if I read your chart correctly, the rate appears to be declining.. Is that what you see?
The stats I provided were 2007 - 2008, and even with a 2 point disparity above average based on your chart, the unemployment rate is three times higher.

Can you account for that?

Last edited by Bighersh; 06-06-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Questions

I am ready for anything, I do my own reloading and have food and water stores enough for my family for 6 months, I know where the closest fall out shelter is, I have a onan generator that will run my whole house even the ac
I'm in a area that there is sustainable food and deep water wells, bring it on baby!
1. DOoyou have all your teeth?
2. Is your wife also your sister?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
...You can only hold someones hand so long before it's time let them go it on their own. Maybe we aren't there yet; but, for some people... Will we ever be?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Suspended
I agree Raoul. We need to practice isolationism. It'd do our country some good. Everyone always hates us, even though we've saved all of their asses before, so let them deal with their problems by themselves. Than they will see how good they had it when we gave a **** about them.

Originally Posted by malexander52
1. DOoyou have all your teeth?
2. Is your wife also your sister?
Lesson 1.

When trying to "own" someone, please spell things correctly. Otherwise it makes you look like the retard.

Quick Reply: History Made Last Night