What t's you off the most

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Agreed. The worst thing is when you damage your vehicle yourself. I'm more mad than when someone else does it.
Ya, like hitting a concete light pole that moved on me... Replacing the expensive as bumper and living with the dent on the tailgate

Old 06-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Les22
We were at a grocery store picking up ice for our cooler. This old woman in a caddy put her groceries in the car and rather than bringing the carriage over to the rack, just sent it rolling, but it wound up slamming into my buddys new Patriot edition F-150. He snapped. He asked her what her problem was, and she flipped him off and rolled up her window. He grabbed the carriage raised it over his head and "body slammed" it right over her hood.
OMG I would have paid to see that!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Agreed. The worst thing is when you damage your vehicle yourself. I'm more mad than when someone else does it.
Ya, like hitting a concete light pole that moved on me... Replacing the expensive as bumper and living with the dent on the tailgate

Oh, and dealer advertizings!

Old 06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
this doesnt relate to us f150 owners....but it kills me....ricers that buy a body kit but dont bother painting it before they install it.....and they let it hang off instead of bolting it up....if ur gonna start a job finish it right?

Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Suspended
Most of the time they are pre fitting it ..

Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Les22
We were at a grocery store picking up ice for our cooler. This old woman in a caddy put her groceries in the car and rather than bringing the carriage over to the rack, just sent it rolling, but it wound up slamming into my buddys new Patriot edition F-150. He snapped. He asked her what her problem was, and she flipped him off and rolled up her window. He grabbed the carriage raised it over his head and "body slammed" it right over her hood.
NICE!

This is one of many reasons I park as far away as possible and take up 2 spots! Have been letting the wife/kid out at the door then hoofin it back after I park... even in a torential downpour!

Hate finger prints on paint, glass or anything else.
Use the handle to close the door, not my pillars!
Don't fling the door open and then stop it with your nasty shoes.
Don't you dare lift yer leg like a dog to let one rip on my leather either!

Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I hate seeing corvettes, mustangs, camaros go though the auto wash. OH wait, I like it because my f150 looks better.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Most of the time they are pre fitting it ..
haha yea i know they do that for a little while, i just thought it was funny in highschool we had a friend that rode out that primer grey bumper on his red civic for two years, it was just fun to give him a hard time about it

Old 06-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by last5oh_302
People that consider a puppy that was just thrown over a cliff as a useless animal, or compare it to a pig that became bacon and sausages.

OOps. oh this was for vehicle details.. yes, too much chrome, and ricer taillights.
Ok I don't mean to bash, and i'm not trying to start anything...BUT as a US Marine I am ashamed at what had happened, at the same time civilians do not understand the ROE when it comes to dogs, and animals overseas. In Iraq, especially near the FOB the Marines were TDS at, the rabid animal rate would shock most people. No no doubt in my mind, there are ways to handle a situation and ways not too, and that was in no doubt a way NOT to handle things. Anwyay....

Ricer taillights, and 16 year olds who never paid for a part on their truck, or their truck alone!
~Phil
"Semper Fi"

Old 06-16-2008, 06:34 PM
girls i mean on night they say they love you.........then they sober up....

o but with the detailing of trucks id say when they dont get all the wax off

Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM
What ticks me off? When people get a D/A then assume they are a resident expert simply because they have a buffer. There are too many 'experts' on this forum. Also, there are a LOT of people that use their high post count (from engine forums lor similar) and being well known from GD to act like that means they are somehow an expert just due to the post count. This has driven this forum to what it once was (it used to be a GREAT place) to the ground. Now the advice I am seeing people give is at best lousy. Or its one of those "I've never done it mself, but I hear that..." kinds of things... Its annoying. You wonder why me, Gipraw, Boss_429, RockPick, and RollingRock dont get on hardly at all anymore? Thats it. You want names? Too bad for now. Figure it out. But for those of you who think you are an expert, save for the above mentioned people plus a few others. Still think you're on the list? Ask yourself how much time it was after you got your D/A before you started talking like you knew everything. If it was not a long time, then you are one of those that I am talking about-- hotsy totsy D/A bearer that thinks you are the ****. Get over yourself.

Anyway, for my 'real' response to this, use the search feature-- this has been a thread that has been posted every 6 months or so. I dont feel like reposting my 'real' response.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Suspended
Sorry you might not like what I have to say F150sport03. It's a shame not because it's not true, just because it's naive. While it is annoying that people post stuff like that but this is the internet if you haven't realized. It's not something just that happens in the detailing section of F150 Online. Try going to a Mustang forum, than you'd realize how good this forum is regarding this issue. I love the end line, "Get over yourself", but it really sounds like someone else needs to do that. I've noticed this type of attitude lately around here and it's completely ridiculous. If you don't want to post here, don't. It's simple as that. If you don't like what people are saying than call them out. Don't complain about it and still post here not changing anything ...

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 06-16-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Maybe its because I am tired, but right now I am not putting up with anything. I about got fired this morning. that was the first time my boss (of 5 years) ever said anything other than good things about my work... (note: I am not a detailer by trade-- this was included to show the mood I am in this week...)

Anywho, I am just saying I am finding it really hard to motivate myself to post here when there are so many 'experts' here..., I would complete this thought, but my laptop is out of batteries. I bet JP posts something like this though.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM
What burns me is when people think the bed of trucks are trash cans...

Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM
esf
I love the end line, "Get over yourself", but it really sounds like someone else needs to do that. I've noticed this type of attitude lately around here and it's completely ridiculous. If you don't want to post here, don't. It's simple as that.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I thought it was just me. It sounds like some people need to learn what it means to be humble. I've learned a lot from this site, this section inparticular. I'm sure a lot of what I've learned since I've been here has been discussed long before I started posting here. If everyone used the search feature and didn't ask questions I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have learned half of what they have from here. I've used the search function many times already. Most of the time I don't really find what I'm looking for and when I do it's after an hour or more of searching through countless threads looking for a simple answer. An answer that, more often than not, could have been easily offered and allowed a lot of newer members, or even people that have lurked for a while and maybe missed it the first time(s) around learn something. And I love when people use being tired or having a bad day as a reason/excuse to be an *** for no reason like their **** doesn't stink. They come on here and whine like they're the only ones with problems. If you're that tired, go to bed. If your day is that bad, get over it, relax, tomorrow is a new day. This isn't actually directed at any single individual even though it may seem that way. It's not meant to be taken that way. I'm just speaking my mind while I'm thinking it. Call it thinking out loud, minus the out loud part since none of you can actually hear me. I really appreciate everyone's advice on here that has given it either to me or another member. I appreciate everyone taking the time to share what they know, their experiences, because at the end of the day, nobody on here has to do it. They do it because they can and they want to.

Anyway, to keep this thread on track, it's a bit of a general answer, but just the complete lack of respect for anyone elses vehicle really rubs me the wrong way. Regardless of the shape of the vehicle, if it's not yours, then treat it with respect.

Last edited by esf; 06-16-2008 at 09:00 PM.