New GM Duramax--Test Drove My Uncle's

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rarely go into the suspension forum so I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is what I see you writing here and that's what I have been addressing.

All I've been saying here is your choice of words in your response to Cowlady was unwarranted in this particular discussion. BTW, nowhere in her post in this thread does she ever say "chovie"[sic].

A good discussion/debate/argument is okay, but when you end up denigrating a person with your particular choice of words, that's when somebody has to step in.

I will say it once more. You owe Cowlady an apology. Didn't your grandma and your mama teach you better?

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited 04-26-2001).]

Old 04-26-2001, 09:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I 2nd the apology to COWLADY!

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK" E-MAIL :nnewman@sympatico.ca
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP "FLIP-CHIP", BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, PERMA-COOL external tranny filter, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS, FORD RACING 24LB injectors, RUSSELL stainless steel braided tranny lines with fittings.

FUTURE MODS : BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150 LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 340H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.52E.T * MPH - 93.73 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 16.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon JAZ fuel cell,etc

Old 04-26-2001, 09:42 PM
Hey Neal, I want to see a pic of that ranger!

------------------
1998 150 SC, Lariat, 5.4, Black with a little silver, 4X4, Stock at this time.

Old 04-26-2001, 09:44 PM
Yeah, 4x4, what's your deal man? You wanna bash people, you do it to someone that does something to you first. You come onto the board and start a fight with people just because you think you're an outcast because you don't drive the same trucks as the rest of us. Nobody cares man, if your truck is good, it will get credit from us. If it sucks.......well.......you'll hear about it.

------------------

1999 super cab
white with tan bottom
4x2 automatic
4.6L v8
BFG AT TA KO 265/75
WAAG grillguard
2 KC daylighters
vampire remote start combo alarm
steelhorse nerf bars
Husky chrome toolbox
4 pioneer 3 way 6x8's
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wants: 2 chamber flowmaster dual exhaust
tan fender flares
american racing atlas
2" fabtech suspension leveling kit

Old 04-26-2001, 10:36 PM
4x4
Thumbs down

If BS was music, you guys would be an orchestra....again, this thread is about the duramx diesel, if you don't like chevy's and the duramax, don't click on this topic, its that simple....i didn't personally bash anyone, i disagreed with their opinion thats all...

If you read the thread, it said i had a ford and almost bought another....and i also said that i would probably buy a supercrew when the 2003 diesel comes out....so i am not anti ford or pro gm like all of you are anti GM....you guys (most of you) are just against anything that is different than what you drive...don't you get it, the better each one of the big three get it forces the other 2 two to get even better....competition=better products

------------------
Sold
99 F250SD Black Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, 5inch National Spring lift, 35x15.50 Swampers, 16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpios, Full Billet grill, LIne-X liner, Procomp and Rancho shocks, 40 Series Flowmaster, recalibrated speedo, superchipped,K&N filter,2 JL audio 10's behind rear seat, audio art 6channel amp

for 2k1 chev crew HD2500

Old 04-26-2001, 11:54 PM
Talking

Thank you Dennis, Neal & trucklover! I appreciate the thought - it's nice to have friends like you guys.
I don't expect 4x4 to apologize as anyone who would say what he did isn't going to admit he was wrong. As for him coming to chat, my offer still stands BUT if he starts using that language I will leave. I can argue my point w/o the use of profanity - can he? Probably not. Oh well - we're all different in our approach to situations & he's shown how he handles criticism.
Thank you again!

------------------

www.andthensometoo.com/owners/cowlady
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4 Reg Cab/LB
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

Old 04-27-2001, 01:01 AM
Geeze, 4x4. Show some class and apologize to the lady for the use of such vulgar language.

That's been my whole point in this thread.

Cowlady, my pleasure. Like I told you in chat, my mama taught me well. I think you're right. This guy will never admit to being wrong about anything. Typical Chevy owner, huh? LOL.

BTW, Chat was kinda flakey and I got disconnected. My leaving wasn't a diss to anybody. I'll give it another try this weekend and see if it's more stable for me at that time.

Old 04-27-2001, 11:15 AM
4x4
Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dennis:
[B]

Typical Chevy owner, huh? LOL.

B]</font>

you know i've almost appologized several times in this thread for that one word, but each time i go to someone has to put, typical chevy owner....if you really were sincere about this, you would stop the personal insults, but that hasn't happened yet....you guys are just looking for something i did to gripe about to get off topic...i know cowlady is out for all chevy owners and is probably trying to get me banned....thats fine, i'll leave...if it was up to you guys, everyone would be the same and agree with everything they all say...sorry but thats not a healthy environment...

[This message has been edited by 4x4 (edited 04-27-2001).]

Old 04-27-2001, 03:07 PM
Question

4x4 - if I were out to get you banned I have the honesty to SAY I am out to get you banned. I am not so don't use that as an excuse. The ONLY 1 I may ask to have banned is Last Church - as soon as I can figure out what the heck his point is/was!
If you mean you're apology I accept. However, ALMOST is not quite the same as an apology but I guess it's the best I can expect. By accepting an "almost" apology I have made you say you were sorry - that works for me! I am not 1 to hold a grudge. You are as welcome to stay as any of the rest of us. I only ask that profanity not be a part of ANYONE'S posts - yours or mine or anyone else.
As for bashing you I did not. I said & I will say it again - Ford has had an excellent track record in their line of trucks & even a first model year was NOT enough to discourage me. They'd gotten it right for so long I had confidence in them with the new model & that has been rewarded with a great truck. The part of my sig you dislike so much was put there when OTHER Chevy owners came HERE & started trouble. I have decided to keep it & feel no remorse as I am on a FORD site, among fellow FORD owners. I need not make any apologies for it. I do not go to CHEVY/GM sites & start in as that would not be fair play.
I hope this will clear the air & that we can all move on & consider the dispute settled.

------------------

nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,

[This message has been edited by Cowlady (edited 04-27-2001).]

Old 04-27-2001, 03:36 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4x4:

you know i've almost appologized several times in this thread for that one word, but each time i go to someone has to put, typical chevy owner....if you really were sincere about this, you would stop the personal insults, but that hasn't happened yet....you guys are just looking for something i did to gripe about to get off topic...i know cowlady is out for all chevy owners and is probably trying to get me banned....thats fine, i'll leave...if it was up to you guys, everyone would be the same and agree with everything they all say...sorry but thats not a healthy environment...

[This message has been edited by 4x4 (edited 04-27-2001).]
</font>

"Almost" just doesn't cut it. As I see it, you didn't think you said anything wrong because if you did, you would have immediately apologized when it was pointed out to you. You didn't.

The sure fire way to get banned from this site is to become abusive. There have been a couple of Chevy owners (you will notice that I always use Chevy instead of the more acceptable Shovie that's used here) who did get banned by Steve for being abusive to others and continued being obusive after they were warned.

There have also been a couple of Chevy owners who were friendly and engaging. They participated and didn't get abusive and were treated with respect by everybody else. Their input was appreciated by everyone and they had a great sense of humor. The ribbing back and forth was welcommed.

Banter back and forth is a good thing but you continually escalated the temperature in this room and you crossed the line in your response to Cowlady which you refused to apologize for or acknowledge even when three of us have asked you to, me repeatedly. That attitude is that of the typical abusive Chevy owner that we've seen here on this board over the years.

You will have a lot of work ahead of you if you ever expect us to give you any respect. As far as I can tell, no matter what we say about Chevies, you will come back with a different opinion no matter what and will get upset at us and you will not only let us know that you're upset, but you will dish it out even more. That's what I mean by escalating the temperature.

You could have easily said that you don't find anything wrong with your steering of your new Chevy. Instead, you went off and personally attacked the others.

(In regards to the steering, Ford has always had lighter steering than Chevy and there have been magazines that have marked down the Fords because of it. Too much power boost with little road feel. I'm used to the steering and I feel the road just fine with my sensitive hands.)

If you want to leave, don't let the door hit ya where God split ya. You won't be missed. If you want to stay and be helpful and give use truthful information about your new truck, then stay. Be warned, however, if you become abusive, you will get BASHED by the others on this board.

Don't become a flaming troll. We won't let you get away with it.

Old 04-27-2001, 05:31 PM
Smile

4x4, you have a nice truck. In fact, I almost bought one of the HD's but decided I didn't need the 3/4 ton or DuraMax. But I liked it better than the SD w/PSD. Anyway, it shouldn’t surprise you most folks on a Ford site are going to pick Ford. I hope you stay and offer your insights but you will have to tread lightly with the language. You will have to remember this is a Ford site.

Dennis, I hope you will allow the “escalated temperature in this room” as you say to come down as well. I know from what you’ve said you don’t think much of 4x4 or the “typical abusive Chevy owner”. In the process of your dislike, I hope you don’t become a “typical abusive Ford owner”.

As an owner of both brands I often tire of the “typical brand loyalist” on both side. I find the same thing with some motorcyclist. I ride a v-twin sportbike but I still like Harley’s and those that ride them, but that’s not the way a lot of folks feel. To me, they are all fellow motorcycle bothers and sisters. I look at trucks and trucking the same way. Let all try to get along.

As we say in motorcycling, “Keep the rubber side down”!

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
2000 Suburban LT 4x4
2000 Honda RC51
1999 Mustang GT Convertible

[This message has been edited by SuperCrewMark (edited 04-27-2001).]

Old 04-27-2001, 06:33 PM
Arrow

Okay - it's the weekend. Time to relax & enjoy some time to work on our trucks. I hope we can all be calm when we come back to this post come Monday. Let's give it a break for a few days, shall we?
I have decided to accept 4x4's "almost" apologies as it means he's now said he was sorry - whether he wants to or not.
BTW 4x4 - as I said I am not trying to get you banned. The same could not be said for Last Church - as you can see he IS gone now. Please do not think I automatically attempt to ban people who disagree w/me or who use inappropriate language. My rep speaks for itself - I always behave as a lady first & foremost. That is why the language in question was so offensive to me & the reason these guys came to my defense. It has NOTHING to do with the truck you drive - if you still had a Ford & said the same thing there would have been the same reaction. In this case the truck itself doesn't matter.
That having been said, as a former/future Ford owner I hope you continue to share your insight with us & continue to accept ours as well. The only important thing here is to learn & share.
Have a good weekend guys - let's meet back here Monday in a spirit of friendship, shall we? Please? Bye!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cowlady (edited 04-27-2001).]

Old 04-27-2001, 06:46 PM
Well I'm just kicking back and enjoying a little liquid refreshment. Anyone want to join me?

Old 04-27-2001, 10:30 PM
SuperCrewMark, point taken, but when somebody attacks another in the way that 4x4 did, I can't sit back and let him get away with it carte blanche.

Call me "olde" fashioned, but I just can't tolerate that kind of language towards women. Maybe there are others on this board who don't see anything wrong in what 4x4 said, but I certainly do and I'm not one to sit back and let something like this pass. Letting his comments go without rebuttal gives tacit approval to this kind of behavior and I, for one, will not be silent.

On this board, his abusive behavior IS typical of the majority of Chevy owners who have posted here in the past. That is a fact. Who can ever forget Dano???

Old 04-27-2001, 11:25 PM
4x4
well after that last post cowlady, i appologize to you....i don't often use that language, but for some reason i did on that post...Any one of you can go and search all my 200 posts and i doubt you will ever see a profaine word in any of it...I am not the "typical chevy owner as dennis has labeled me", my history shows it....

i guess i had the wrong impression of you cowlady , it seems you are an ok gal...sorry

Dennis, its obvious we are not on the same page...i guess its the old school vs younger generation thing, i don't know...but i doubt anyone else would call me a troll or say that i am a problem on this board...

Supercrewmark and others that have supported me and seen my side of the story, i appreciate it....thanks for the compliments on the truck, i really enjoy it....I am glad to see that some can see beyond their own brand loyalty...

Quick Reply: New GM Duramax--Test Drove My Uncle's