New GM Duramax--Test Drove My Uncle's

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4x4:
well after that last post cowlady, i appologize to you....i don't often use that language, but for some reason i did on that post...Any one of you can go and search all my 200 posts and i doubt you will ever see a profaine word in any of it...I am not the "typical chevy owner as dennis has labeled me", my history shows it....

i guess i had the wrong impression of you cowlady , it seems you are an ok gal...sorry

Dennis, its obvious we are not on the same page...i guess its the old school vs younger generation thing, i don't know...but i doubt anyone else would call me a troll or say that i am a problem on this board...

Supercrewmark and others that have supported me and seen my side of the story, i appreciate it....thanks for the compliments on the truck, i really enjoy it....I am glad to see that some can see beyond their own brand loyalty...

</font>

My only concern was in how you responded to Cowlady. I took umbrage with your choice of words and it reminded me so much of past Chevy owners who flew off the handle.

As far as the generational thing goes, I don't think it makes any difference. Acting with civility towards others, especially Cowlady who didn't flame you, crosses all generational lines.

I'm glad you apologized to Cowlady and it sounds sincere.

Like I said earlier, I certainly don't want you to leave this board unless you want to. Just realize that the majority of the people here love their Fords so it's up to you how you want to be treated. Fly off the handle again and you should expect a lot of heat.

Good luck with your truck. Keep us informed about the good AND bad that happens with it. We're all curious.

In my town, everybody is gun-shy and waiting for the Duramax to get more of a track record before they even consider buying one. A lot of people got burned by the 6.5L diesel here.

Old 04-28-2001, 03:11 AM
I will never buy a diesel. Don't tow so I don't need the power. I just want to have something with acceleration like a 4.6 or 5.4 v8.

------------------
1997 XLT Teal 4.6L Flareside 4x4 ORP. Automatic, Reg. cab, 3.55LS, tinted windows, bug deflector, Dual exhaust, K&N Generation 2 air filter, BullDog keyless entry/remote start, Modern 16" wheels, bedliner, Covercraft tonneau cover, White faced gauges, electronic shift on the fly, Clarion ADX5655z Double Din Cassette & CD, 4 Pioneer TS-A6865 speakers and superchip. Going to add headers.

Future mods: Supercharger, headers, NOS, tranny upgrade(heavy duty gears, clutch packs, etc.), performance torque converter, composite driveshaft, bore engine 30 over, new pistons, crank, and rods, performance heads, new L if they still make them and I like the way it looks, and a Z06 Vette or BMW Z3.

Click here to see more pictures

Old 04-28-2001, 02:04 PM
Talking

Thanks 4x4 - I'm glad we can all be friends again. I hope you do stick around - this site has too much to offer to ALL brands of truck such as Events, Off Road meets & general truck care that it would be a shame for you to leave. Besides - didn't you say there's another Ford in your future? Good for you!

------------------

www.andthensometoo.com/owners/cowlady
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4 Reg Cab/LB
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

Old 04-29-2001, 03:48 AM
Lightbulb

I hope this brings peace & harmony back to this board now. This post was absolutely not intended purposely to create disharmony here.
Like many truck & sport utility owners, my feelings are, the more educated we are about the product we chose to buy--the happier we may be about our vehicles.
As for my experience of the test drive of the Durmax; I was trying to be as open minded and give the vehicle good credit (where good marks were due) & less than attributes to areas where I felt it was in need of improvement.
For interest to 4X4: I work in a service related, "customer service & satisfaction oriented field". In one day I may test drive and diagnose a problem with anything from a pick-up truck, jeep, car or an 18-wheeler. Yes, there was a problem with the steering one the 2001, GM Durmax that I drove. Also, I have very large arms.

------------------
1999 Teal Blue F-150 S/C
4.6L, XLT, 3.55 L/S 4x2
Tow pkg., Rhino liner, Engine block heater & Swiss hard toneau cover. Premium sound
255/75 R16 Generals-owl
This" is Mama's pride"

Old 04-29-2001, 01:26 PM
Thats one thing is that posts can take kind of take on a mind of their own. You never really know where they might be headed.

Old 05-03-2001, 09:26 PM
Question

Just to keep everyone updated, I stopped by my Uncle's twin brother's house the other night and he let the cat out of the bag.
Uncle's new Duramax was in the shop before it had 500 miles on it. So far, Uncle Duramax hasn't brought the return visit to GMC dealer up in conversation. The problem was a very bad vibration. I am sure one of these days Uncle Durmax will tell.
Uncle Duramax uses his GMC to pull a 28' race car trailer to the race track. I thought it was interesting he said, "I was at the race track & noticed that almost every tow rig was a Ford Superduty with a 7.3L Powerstroke--those powerstrokes must be the best".

------------------
1999 Teal Blue F-150 S/C
4.6L, XLT, 3.55 L/S 4x2
Tow pkg., Rhino liner, Engine block heater & Swiss hard toneau cover. Premium sound
255/75 R16 Generals-owl
This" is Mama's pride"

Quick Reply: New GM Duramax--Test Drove My Uncle's