WooHoo Hawaii!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tylus
what are you diving on? the Navy Divers at the Naval Station normally do most of the work
We'll be inspecting Wharf V1, just north of Ford Island. They're doing a fairly large rehab of that facility.

anyways,
1. Arizona Memorial...you can still see oil floating up after all these years. Yup, we'll be going there
2. USS Missouri...wicked big guns up close. see above
3. Old Town Haleiwa...just a cool town in general, and right there at the Pipeline. On the to-do list
4. Haunama Bay and the Eastern Coast...awesome cliff driving, and beautiful scenery. Any cliff diving?
5. Downtown Waikiki...go to the beach during the day...and come back for the Party at night. We'll probably check it out
6. Kaneohe Bay...cool relaxed place, awesome bay and swimming
7. North Shore Shark Cage Dives. Cages? Cages are for wimps!
8. Atlantis Sub Tours...gives civilians a slight glance at what Submarine life is like...Pretty neat to see the stuff @ 105-110 ft down. Probably going to skip that one. If we want to see all that we'll just go diving.
8. Dole Plantation...ship some home to the Family. How do they ship? overnight, frozen, etc?

sorry for the spelling

Also, some words of caution. So you don't get your *** beat. Hawaii is a small community. Alot of people know damn near everybody...or enough common connections that they're basically family.

Be respectfull and polite. Yes it is the USA...but not exactly
1. Avoid Chinatown after 6 P.M. - Gangs are fighting over turf currently where exactly is Chinatown?
2. Watch out for the Mahoo - Big underground of queers who like to dress like women and take guys home...don't get drunk alone haha, sounds kinda like Key West!
3. Don't **** off the Samoans - Great people, but if you anger 1, you've got their entire family beating your ***. I'm only 5'7, 165lbs, last thing I'm gonna do is **** off a Samoan!
4. There are some areas of the Island you just don't belong unless you are a Local...stay on the paved roads and you'll be fine. Dirt roads can lead to trouble...refer back to #3.
5. 95% of people on the highway and city streets are accidents waiting to happen...drive very very defensively.Eh, we'll be in a rental, covered by company insurance

Not trying to scare you or anything, but it ain't like driving over the border to the neighboring state. Visiting Hawaii can almost be like going to another country. But you still have all the comforts of home...just slightly twisted.

And you have to try a Fried Rice Omlet (FRO) sounds awesome! Any particular place I should get one, or are they good everywhere?
Originally Posted by HBH-Tom
x2 polynesian cultral center, um, fawk, dunno, I'm from the big island lol. sandy's beach, fawk waikiki... uh... just drive around if ur young and single, just walking would be the best bet for talking to gurls, they're everywhere from what I seen this weekend
It'll be 3 married guys and one single guy. We'll just live vicariously though him!

Originally Posted by 26point2
Moose McGillycuddy's
one of the biggest Mahoo hangouts...ask the women you know are 100% to point out the Mahoo

some of them are scary
Yikes, besides the she-men, what else does Moose McGillycuddy's offer?

- NCSU

Old 06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
what else does Moose McGillycuddy's offer?
http://www.mooserestaurantgroup.com/Waikiki-Hawaii.html

Old 06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
We'll be inspecting Wharf V1, just north of Ford Island. They're doing a fairly large rehab of that facility.
cool. I actually live on Ford Island

It'll be 3 married guys and one single guy. We'll just live vicariously though him!
enjoy the view...the local girls have a very different version of what "decent" clothing is...I love it

Yikes, besides the she-men, what else does Moose McGillycuddy's offer?
cool party place, alot of the Military guys love it
- NCSU
Dole Plantation ships stuff out Priority Mail..so 2-3 days max to anywhere in the Mainland

If you head to Waikiki from Ford Island, Chinatown is the first "neighborhood" you pass. It goes from prety sparse to very crowded over a 2-3 mile period. Chinatown is the west-most part...give it a visit during daylight hours though...kinda cool in there

Man, I'm 6'3" @ 280 lbs...and some of these Samoan guys make me look like a shrimp

Old 06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
We'll be staying at the Waikiki Parc Hotel... haven't looked at their website yet, anyone know of it?

- NCSU

Old 06-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of the biggest Mahoo hangouts...ask the women you know are 100% to point out the Mahoo

some of them are scary

Sorry, guess I should have pointed out that I've only gone there for dinner (first floor)...food was good, reasonable prices for Hawaii...happy hour drinks cheap (for Hawaii). I was stationed in Hawaii from '93-96...so things may have changed a bit..

I remember they used to have a 10 egg omlet...and a drink called the Mind Eraser..

Old 06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

things got bad in the late 90's...when I visited in 2002, they suckered a bunch of guys off my boat.

guys were out there grinding and getting freaky...until some real ladies pointed out what was going on.

then it was like the scene from Ace Ventura...we had a good laugh for years over those poor bastards

I don't get downtown much, but I've been told they're still there in force by my single sailors

Old 06-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Heading to the airport in a few min. "See" ya'll in a week or so!

- NCSU

Old 06-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Have a good trip

Old 06-21-2009, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a blast, big man. Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Moose has some great fish and chips! hike diamond head if you can and there is also a huge military cemetery in the city, where many are buried including Ernie Pyle.

just remembered the name. it is the punch bowl cemetery and it is a little out of the way, yet in Waikiki.

Last edited by mixedbreed; 06-22-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Brah! save trips , and hope you try some "opihi, lau lau, poke, kalua pig and da best for last POI". ALOHA!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Just arrived, damn that was a long day if travel.

-NCSU

Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Just arrived, damn that was a long day if travel.

-NCSU
Just arrived and your already back online! Give us a shout after breakfast

Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 PM
What a trip! Got a lot of work done and even found time to go on a recreational SCUBA dive and surf at Waikiki.

Didn't get a chance to get any shaved ice, hopefully I'll get some next time, when ever that may be.

Saw a bunch of nice F-150s around the Island too, kinda surprised there's not more Hawaiian members here.

Anyways, on to the pics...

Diamond Head from the air:

Waikiki taken from the top of Diamond Head:

Pearl Harbor:

Shark's Cove / Three Tables Dive Sites:

Hawaiian Rainbow: Saw at least 1 per day.

Can't wait to go back! Every night was in the 70's and every day was in the mid 80's. Couldn't ask for a better trip.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 06-30-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Those are some fantastic pics. Welcome back looser

Quick Reply: WooHoo Hawaii!