Ughh! Zany Weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea crappy luck dude.

But yea everybody knows Dodge Tranny suck! Especially the ones they match with the cummins.

So you put about 800 or so miles on it before it crapped out??

I don't mean to be a jerk or anything but unless they gave you some kind of 30 day warranty or something, I can't see how they owe you anything.

That being said, I hope they at least help you out some!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by screwyou
If so, their "AS IS - NO WARRANTY" seems to cover them of any liability once the buyer takes possession. I'm still currious if there is any Florida law that protects the buyer for a period of time, i.e. a week, after leaving the dealer's lot.
Looks like Florida does not have a Lemon Law for used cars. From what I've read, once the buyer drives off it belongs to him and if it breaks down minutes later, any repairs is his responsibility.

Hopefully the dealer steps up and offers a reasonable fix.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:43 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
typical dodge tranny

Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
sucks for you

Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM
there usually is a 30 day warranty, or at least there was on the mountaineer I just bought for my wife, not sure if it was just my dealer or any dealer

Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Reason #5843278 not to buy a Dodge.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Reason #5843278 not to buy a Dodge.
Automatics are iffy if not maintained, definatley, You should have held off for a 6spd or atleast a 5spd, they are very solid transmissions.

Brand bias is for losers.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
That sucks that happened to your new truck.. I bet when they said they were detailing it they were probably just trying to get it to last until you were out of their hair..

James

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Yeah, I was tinkering around on the Florida DMV's website... and there are no used car lemon laws, and there is a seller's as-is law. So I got pretty much have narrowed myself down to really 2 options... first, hope and pray that the used car dealer pays for some of the cost... which I doubt. Second, use ebay's VPP and try to get them to reimburse me for the cost of the tranny or the truck as a whole, which is, from what I read, a 50/50 chance.

I do got an option 3 and that is to just sell it to the Dodge dealer... I'm sure they will be happy to take it off my hands. Even though I'd lose some cash... but at least I would get something back on it.

I really don't like option 3.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Drdudsads

Last edited by Drdudsads; 06-22-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Contributor
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Or I know I know you non dodge lovers. However I love dodges too yes I know. Save up some coin and drop a full build trans in it! And than twins and lower it and more go fast parts and...sorry dreaming lol..one day.
I was considering that, but it's kind of 400 miles away from me. If it was sitting in my driveway or yard, that'd be a different, much different story.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 PM
How could you VPP it? You bought it as-is, those are ebay's terms. Hate to say it, but you're screwed. If the dealer is feeling generous, they'll maybe pay for some. How do they know that you weren't out there hot-rodding it and did a neutral drop or something like that? Just cause you say so, doesn't mean they have to accept it.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Zaairman
How could you VPP it? You bought it as-is, those are ebay's terms. Hate to say it, but you're screwed. If the dealer is feeling generous, they'll maybe pay for some. How do they know that you weren't out there hot-rodding it and did a neutral drop or something like that? Just cause you say so, doesn't mean they have to accept it.
Even as an "AS-IS" purchase VPP does cover some protection, but in this case, from what I've read from the eBay auction and about VPP, I believe you are screwed. However, it's worth a try to go through VPP if the dealer doesn't offer some kind of fix. What did the dealership say?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
gcw

I not trying to be a troll but it sounds like your not to easy on transmissions.

Originally Posted by ManualF150
The girl who operates the service desk felt like wicked bad for me because I blew through 4 transmissions with my '03 Ford Escape, with a 32 day work period. She made a comment, "You got rid of your crappy Escape, and bought a much better vehicle, and you are still having problems. I never seen someone with so many problems with vehicles." They said it will take about 2 to 3 weeks or more depending on complications. At least I will be getting a loaner... hopefully a Mustang or a better yet a truck. Who knows.
And then you said this

However, the interesting part... I should never drive an automatic... ever! First I accidently set the ebrake while going 70 mph when I was attempting to downshift... but there was no clutch; there was an ebrake. Secondly, when I panicked, I tore the shifter off... tore it off in the sense that the whole unit popped out of the center console. As I am screeching down a 65 mph road, there are a few cars behind me, and they veer off to not to rear end me. Here's the funny thing: I didn't know how to undo the parking brake. I was looking for a lever or a switch or something, I didn't know you had to press down on it again... but it took me like 2 or 3 minutes to figure it out, and it didn't help that I was stuck in the middle of a busy highway with people nearly rearending me every minute or so, and lots of looks, beeps, and the such. When I got destinated, I noticed that the rear tires were out of round, contributing to the aweful noise I was hearing after my little incident.

I told the service manager when I returned the Edge about what happened. He chuckled, and said, "it happens, as I've done that once or twice myself".
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ml#post3399740

Last edited by gcw; 08-12-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Contributor
Originally Posted by gcw
I not trying to be a troll but it sounds like your not to easy on transmissions.

And then you said this

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ml#post3399740
But I was just driving it home... how can you not normally drive an automatic?

I wasn't even hauling anything... just all highway driving.

Quick Reply: Ughh! Zany Weekend...