Nothing boils my blood more than these d-bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MUD DIGGER
if i had a son and those people protested that at my sons funeral i would probably go to prison for the rest of my life cause i would make sure not one of those sick basterds got away with out a broken bone
Preach, my brotha, preach!

Old 04-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Why do we always seem to support the wrong part of the first admendment?

While I think these people should be shot, multiple times, with the first shots only wounding them, you cannot deny the right to free speach. But then again, I cant go into an airport and start yelling "BOMB, BOMB, I HAVE A BOMB!" just because I want to envoke the first admendment

Old 04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
We can't pray in public schools but we can do this...how about this being a violation of the separation of church and state?

If my first amendment right can be revoked at school, then can theirs not be revoked at a church? THAT is a double standard.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Contributor

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
everyone needs to write, email or call thier congressmembers and put an end to this nonsense

Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
We can't pray in public schools but we can do this...how about this being a violation of the separation of church and state?
There is no law banning anyone from praying in a public school. But government employees are not allowed to lead the children in prayer - the USA has a seperation of church and state, it's one of the primary beliefs our Nation was founded on.

In this case you once again have religious nuts arguing for freedom of speech, even when that speech is in such poor taste it's repugnant. I am a big believer in free speech but, unfortunately in this particular case, the law is on their side. People need to "man up" when it comes to these religious nuts and realize their misguided speech is not worth the air that carries it.

Why do extreme religious nuts cause all the problems in the world? Either they want to use public schools to further their personal beliefs (as in countries who are Muslim and have no seperation of church and state) or the right-wing Christians who want government to manage the reproductive functions inside a womans body (and are willing to kill law abiding doctors in their lame attempt to force their beliefs on all) or the extreme Israeli Jews who believe Palestinian settlements are on their God-given land or the whacko right-wing fundementalist christian nuts in Ohio who want to bring down our government, etc. etc. etc.

The world would be a much better place if people just lived *their* lives according to their own beliefs instead of trying to make everyone else live to their belief system.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Real
There is no law banning anyone from praying in a public school. But government employees are not allowed to lead the children in prayer - the USA has a seperation of church and state, it's one of the primary beliefs our Nation was founded on.

In this case you once again have religious nuts arguing for freedom of speech, even when that speech is in such poor taste it's repugnant. I am a big believer in free speech but, unfortunately in this particular case, the law is on their side. People need to "man up" when it comes to these religious nuts and realize their misguided speech is not worth the air that carries it.

Why do extreme religious nuts cause all the problems in the world? Either they want to use public schools to further their personal beliefs (as in countries who are Muslim and have no seperation of church and state) or the right-wing Christians who want government to manage the reproductive functions inside a womans body (and are willing to kill law abiding doctors in their lame attempt to force their beliefs on all) or the extreme Israeli Jews who believe Palestinian settlements are on their God-given land or the whacko right-wing fundementalist christian nuts in Ohio who want to bring down our government, etc. etc. etc.

The world would be a much better place if people just lived *their* lives according to their own beliefs instead of trying to make everyone else live to their belief system.
So what you're saying is, if I believed it was okay to murder someone, I would not be punished for murdering someone? Sounds a little radical in itself to me.
(sarcastic lol. I know what you mean Real. )
As for the free speech thing, this is one instance where the "free speech" of one group is interfering with another group's freedom of assembly and is disturbing the peace. I think it is realistic to ban funeral protests. And very well should be. Just as no one has the right to yell "BOMB!" they won't have the right to interfere with someone's assembly.

...Sick people. And they think the soldier is the one going to hell?!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Separation of Church and State has nothing to do with prayer in school or the 10 Commandments hanging on the wall of a government office.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Being a service member this just makes me so pissed off. I can't believe people would do such a thing at a fallen soldiers funeral. First off if it wasn't for people like us you would not have the freedom you do and then you want to turn your back on us? I can see you doing protest around the streets but at a soldiers funeral? Best bet if you come to my soldiers funeral with some crap like that don't be surprised if your in a box not too much longer after that or laying there in your own blood asking for help.

Some people in this country make me want to deploy even sooner so I don't have to sit here and listen to this kind of ****.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sure this angers people. This Westbro church group is using their freedom of speech, which this solder died defending, to disrupt the Synder familie's freedom of speech at the funeral, and in addition the method they use is the opposite of what the bible, that this church is representing, teaches. The irony here has the distinct scent of bad fruit.

Last edited by greencrew; 04-04-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spelling typo

Quick Reply: Nothing boils my blood more than these d-bags