Nothing boils my blood more than these d-bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nothing boils my blood more than these d-bags

Those Westboro Churh ****** that protest at fallen soldiers funerals.

Generally I am a very laid back dude, but this crap is one of the few things in life that really gets me angry. I will donate to help him get the funding for fees needed to bring the case to the Supreme Court. They have already agreed to hear the case.

I am all for free speech but not when it comes at the price of someone elses right to mourn a loved one in peace at a funeral. I mean if someone I absolutely hated died, I have enough respect for the family not to go to their funeral and make a scene. WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????

A court order requiring the father of a Marine killed in Iraq to pay court costs of anti-gay protestors who picketed the funeral has not only angered the father -- it is prompting outcry among among veterans.

The VFW issued a statement to its members calling on them to help the father, Albert Snyder of York, Pa., pay the $16,510 owed to Fed Phelps, the leader of Kansas' Westboro Baptist Church, which held protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

"It is absolutely wrong for the court to order him to shoulder a financial burden on top of everything else," said VFW National Commander Thomas J. Tradewell Sr. "This is a travesty at best and borders on the obscene. The irony in this whole situation is that the blood and sacrifice of our nation's heroes have enabled this group to spread their message of hate."

The Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder on Friday to pay Phelps. A two-page decision supplied by his attorneys offered no details on how the court came to its decision.

But since Snyder told Fox News on Tuesday he would defy the court order, he has gotten an outpouring of support from across the country.

"We're still in the middle of two wars we still have soldiers coming back in a box, and as long as these soldiers are coming back like this I'm not going to give up this fight," Snyder told Fox News. "I've gotten over 3000 e-mails and a lot of them are from soldiers and families of soldiers saying please don't give up this fight. they're what keeps me going."

Fox News' Bill O'Reilly also pledged on the air to help Snyder with the legal fees.

"We have a foundation set up to help those in need of assistance," O'Reilly said. "We will help Mr. Snyder who we feel is a victim of judicial injustice."

Snyder is also struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court, his attorneys said The high court agreed to consider whether the protesters' message is protected by the First Amendment or limited by the competing privacy and religious rights of the mourners.

A federal appeals court dismissed the suit on First Amendment grounds earlier this month and threw out a $5 million award against the protesters, some of whom carried signs that read "God Hates You" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers."

A funeral for the fallen Marine was held in March 2006 in Westminster, Md. Snyder, 20, died from a non-combat-related vehicle accident on March 3, 2006, while supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

According to a Web site created in Snyder's honor, his relatives filed the civil lawsuit against the Westboro Baptist Church to "bring an end to the reign of terror and abuse that they inflicted" upon grieving families of U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Click here to visit MatthewSnyder.org

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Contributor

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
this group is why people need to support the Patriot Guard Riders and other groups that support Military Families in the time of mourning...

Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
this group is why people need to support the Patriot Guard Riders and other groups that support Military Families in the time of mourning...
Yeah, that's just wrong. What the heck is wrong with people? Always looking to take care of themselves with no care for anyone else until THEY need help.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
worse than the dirtbags that protested it is the liberal judges that overturned the verdict and made the father pay the 16 grand for costs. this is outrageous.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by projetmech
worse than the dirtbags that protested it is the liberal judges that overturned the verdict and made the father pay the 16 grand for costs. this is outrageous.
I watched a discussion of the $ 16k defendants court costs, between Bill O and Megan Kelly on Fox last night. My understanding from that is that Mr. Snyder, the dad, could have appealed the court costs but his attorney missed the filing date. Bad lawyer, you snooze you lose in that arena.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
People like those Westboro Church idiots should be rounded up and shipped off to the war zone so they can experience firsthand what the soldiers are sacrificing for them to have their "protests".

Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM
All they are doing is preaching the "world of God" and showing examples why they should come closer to "their" God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD1Z6...eature=channel

Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
I watched a discussion of the $ 16k defendants court costs, between Bill O and Megan Kelly on Fox last night. My understanding from that is that Mr. Snyder, the dad, could have appealed the court costs but his attorney missed the filing date. Bad lawyer, you snooze you lose in that arena.
I watched it to, and while she has a point, they still could have used discretion in the original decision to award/not award the court cost in the first place. Getting paid court cost by the losing party if you win is not a right, even though it happens most of the time.

Did you here the reason for them wanting the money? They stated he was entitled to survivors death benefits so he had the plenty of money to pay their fees. DISGUSTING!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
People like those Westboro Church idiots should be rounded up and shipped off to the war zone so they can experience firsthand what the soldiers are sacrificing for them to have their "protests".
I agree entirely.

To me, you can protest the war, I won't care, and you can make yourself feel better because you're "doing good", "getting the truth out", "spreading the message" and all that but the minute you start spewing hate and religious male cow fecal matter or you couple the two in any form, I get pissed.
Plus you don't do that at a funeral for a fallen soldier.
You just don't.
Especially a Marine, not to favor one branch over another but they generally, I said generally, not always, go through some of the worst of it.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends, I hope they make it through this and that these fees can be alleviated, if I had any money to spare at all I would make a donation.

Those protesters can go to hell or maybe Iraq or Afghanistan and then hell.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Hypothetical situation: I am wrongly accused of a heinous crime and am sentenced to death row OR I am diagnosed with a terminal illness, I'd break out some of my favorite toys, find these people, and...well, have fun!

Legally, they can't be gotten rid of. They exploit it so much.

A couple of years ago a young girl who was a student at Auburn was kidnapped and then murdered, and their was threats from this group to show up to protest what has become of the "sorority girl" in college when the campus had their memorial at the basketball coliseum.

You could bet that a few Auburn men and probably women would have went to jail if they had actually shown up, and a large group of students assembled large barriers using PVC pipe and sheets to block them out as they protested if they showed up.

Cowards never did.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
****ing disgusting. Some of the Patriot Guards need to cross the line and kick some ***.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by harleydude78
I watched it to, and while she has a point, they still could have used discretion in the original decision to award/not award the court cost in the first place. Getting paid court cost by the losing party if you win is not a right, even though it happens most of the time.

Did you here the reason for them wanting the money? They stated he was entitled to survivors death benefits so he had the plenty of money to pay their fees. DISGUSTING!
I personally don't want the courts using discretion to interpret the law. As bad as those people are, they have a right to the guarantee of Freedom of Speech just like anyone else, listening to their garbage is just the price we have to pay.

Tapping the survivor benefit seems shabby, but the fact is that they won.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM
"Operation Human Shield" does need a few new recruits......

Old 04-02-2010, 02:22 PM
if i had a son and those people protested that at my sons funeral i would probably go to prison for the rest of my life cause i would make sure not one of those sick basterds got away with out a broken bone

Old 04-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they are a bunch of idiots... if they want to spread there word they can buy radio air time or any other kind of advertising and have there point heard. dont disrespest the very soldiers that make it possible so they can have the free speech rights.

Quick Reply: Nothing boils my blood more than these d-bags