Sold her :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
So you gambled with your health by choosing not to have health insurance. Sorry, and sadly, it seems like kicking yourself in the nuts is a common decision.
I'm not sure the OP's financial situation at the time, but I didn't have insurance because I was in college and working my butt off just to pay my bills so I couldn't afford it.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Sebring? Really? I doubt you could have chosen a worse car.

dude I hate to stop you guys from giving the OP a hard time but WTF is that in your sig? Is that a dude hitting a chic? Was that on MTV or something? Man I had to do a double take!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
I'm not sure the OP's financial situation at the time, but I didn't have insurance because I was in college and working my butt off just to pay my bills so I couldn't afford it.
There's still inexpensive health care plans through the college.

I guess I'm a different breed. :o

Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
There's still inexpensive health care plans through the college.

I guess I'm a different breed. :o
Guess I should have looked into that option. I now have insurance through my current employer - first job that ever provided benefits.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
Guess I should have looked into that option. I now have insurance through my current employer - first job that ever provided benefits.
Congratulations.

I don't see how people live without health care ins. It's such an expensive gamble. When I worked for an employer who had no benefits I went and purchased my own health care ins.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
I see many folks out there without health insurance everyday. They simply cannot afford it legit and some not so legit, layoffs. loss of jobs, druggies, lazy etc... while i do understand this, there are places to turn to for assistance.

Oh and i would have went with the breeze also....

Last edited by Bluejay; 05-13-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: language
Old 05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Obama Care will save everyone!!! (LOL).....

Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM
I do not smoke or drink. I had to drop out of school ( that i was paying for myself). If anyone here knows about financial aid, the government grants students aid by what there parents make until there 28 i think it is. My divorced parents make just enough that I dont qualify for most aid programs. Even tho my parents will not help me with anything except my first car, and a home till i was 18. Everyone here who has been talking down on me, my car and my decisions, (Stealth). You do not know ME. Maybe one day I will make fighter jets too when i am OLD.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:01 PM

I am not talking down to you. I am merely responding to the things you've posted. This is a web forum, and GD at that.

I'm sorry for your health problems as well as your current predicament. I'm not sorry for your poor decision making that led up to them. Chalk it up to a learning experience, and hopefully you have learned a few lessons in the school of hard knocks.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM
We all have to start somewhere, and make our own mistakes... or if your lucky enough to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth other people make the mistakes for you. I am 100% wiser about this real world than I was this time last year, what dosnt kill you makes you stronger.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 PM

That's good you've learned from it. It's hard sometimes to do that when it feels like you're always being kicked when you're down. I've been there before and have taken my lumps, and learned my lesson. Life is like that.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Im probably adding more fuel to the fire here, but having divorced parents should have actually helped you financially. FAFSA states that the parent that has majority of the custody is the only one who fills out the FAFSA, not both. (got that from the fafsa website) And if you still do not get enough aid to cover at least half of your schooling or at least a majority of it, you single parent must have made at least 90,000 a year (good for them). Im using 90,000 as a number becasue I know of a buddy whose parents made 90,000 combined a year and this was the first year he didnt qualify for any aid at all. If that is the case, im sure you could have easily had either one of your parents co-sign a loan that would cover your expenses. This is just through my knowledge of FAFSA and financial aid.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and I prolly wouldnt have gone with the Sebring, maybe an old Taurus or someting. I got some pride.

Zane

Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 AM
gotta do what you gotta do man. a car is a car, good luck getting back on your feet! hopefully the next thread we see has a new f150 sittin in it

Old 05-14-2010, 12:42 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris04v6
gotta do what you gotta do man. a car is a car, good luck getting back on your feet! hopefully the next thread we see has a new f150 sittin in it

all cars are not created equal

Old 05-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by tarajerame
all cars are not created equal
LOL

Quick Reply: Sold her :(