Uti????

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uti????

im currently a student at st phillips comunity college, nothin but out dated equipment/techneques and knuckle heads for students. no one takes it seriously. ive been lookin into better programs and came across uti, ive heard good and bad about the program, im interested in the autobody program in houston. i wanna hear some of yalls input on the school? thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 02:05 AM
I went there not a bad place if you wanna put you time and effort in. But can also be a big drag since your not in the fieldreally. I left there and now work full time at firestone for 3 years so far. Learned a decent amount there. But being in the field has taught me more. If you do go and end up finishing school there be prepared to spend crazy cash on tools alone. I have well over 10 grand in tools and that nit including my 6 grand toolbox from snapon. It's worth it if you know what you doing and are dedicated to it. I know I am and it my dream and hobby of working on and or customizing cars truck or anything that walks in the door that has damn wheels lol. Just think of your financal situations before you go and then decide what you wanna do. If you go, like it and graduate get out in the field more power to you bro. Good luckon the choice man. And the TX campus has some bad @$$ cars for their superstreet program!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Urinary tract infection

First thing that came to my mind.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
I hear that UTI recruiters are like military, they tell you w.e you want to hear to get you to get you pulled into it. Like Sampson said you get more experience out in the real world.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Urinary Track Infection?

I heard UTI is EXTREMELY expensive. Good Luck man.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea ive heard 40k a year..and did you go to Houston sampson?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by KazK
Urinary tract infection

First thing that came to my mind.
same here.. first thing to my mind..

Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 AM
yeaa.... not to interested in a urinary tract infection. lmao. & awesome, thanks sampson. im constantly modifying/fixing crap too haha. i guess the bottom line is "its what u make of it" ive done spent a good G on tools in my first semester. i heard u get a snap on tool set as a grad gift from them too?

Old 05-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Have a U.T.I. campus here in the Phoenix area, and a great apprenticeship program at the local community college (Glendale Community College). The dealership and the local shops I deal with usually will not hire UTI grads, as they feel U.T.I grads think they know it all before they even turn a wrench. Now the apprenticeship grads from the community college are hired BEFORE they even graduate around here, and spend 1/4 the money as a U.T.I. graduate.

The independent shop I frequent for general repairs WILL NOT hire U.T.I. grads, period. As he put it, they have no real world experience as an apprentice, think they know it all, get completely floored when they have to start at the bottom of the ladder and work their way up, and feel it is 'beneath them' to have to work their way up the ladder. He puts the blame on U.T.I. recruiters and staff that make their students feel 'holier than thou'. He still has an old truck with points and a carb that he tests U.T.I. students on to see if they can solve the problem without fancy diagnostic computers. Many U.T.I. students have failed it; I, a lowly backyard mechanic, passed with flying colors in under 30 minutes. The problem: Bad condensor. He's seen U.T.I. students tell him everything from rebuild the carb to new wires, new plugs, cap, rotor, distributor, fuel pump, and fuel filter, then give up and ask what the solution was. Then he fixes it and watches them look in disbelief at how easy it was to solve. I think he does it just for fun.

I would recommend staying where you are at, and looking at work study with either a dealership or a reputable independant shop that will give you good fundemental knowledge. Like I said, I have heard horror stories about Urinary Tract Infection, err, U.T.I.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:09 AM
No I went to norwood ma. Ya tools are stupid expensive but it is definetly what you make it man!!! Kepp trucking and d what you gotta do!!!!

Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
thanks for your input Mr.Bill. yea i heard that same thing "view powerpoints all day, and when they get into the real world they dont know what the hell their doin" & sampson: for sure man thanks, same to you. imma look WAY more into it before i make the big move.

Quick Reply: Uti????