The Thread Crapping Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Guys, you have gotten to the point of being rude to new members. All of you really need to ease up, there is no need to post if you think someone asks a dumb question, just ignore it and move on to a thread where you can make a contribution. You are to the point of running people off and it must stop.

It has been bothering me for awhile and I thought you would get over it and ease up, but instead, it has just gotten worse. Please work with us on this to make this site enjoyable for everyone, not just a playground for you that know so much.

Thanks
Jim

Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Right. Something happened in the other link he posted, that we'll never see. RP edited. Oh well, maybe he will cool off and be back lol.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Guys, you have gotten to the point of being rude to new members. All of you really need to ease up, there is no need to post if you think someone asks a dumb question, just ignore it and move on to a thread where you can make a contribution. You are to the point of running people off and it must stop.

It has been bothering me for awhile and I thought you would get over it and ease up, but instead, it has just gotten worse. Please work with us on this to make this site enjoyable for everyone, not just a playground for you that know so much.

Thanks
Jim
10-4!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Thanks
Jim
I'm innocent I tell you..

I gotcha

Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Contributor

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
I think I'm done...

Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarajerame
I think I'm done...
Done what ?

Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM

I think I'm done...
You can't be done, not until my trucks doing 11's anyway.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think I'm done...
U2?

Jeez I always enjoyed your mod pix.....

Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...there is no need to post if you think someone asks a dumb question, just ignore it and move on to a thread where you can make a contribution...
That's what I usually do. There have been many threads where I wanted to post a WTF comment but realized I should cut my losses at wasted time and move on.

I think I'm done...
Well before ya go, you should try putting a brushed steel background in place of the black on your sig. I like the new one but IMO that would look really cool.

Last edited by Longshot270; 03-21-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
I reported some serious attitude and personal attacks and insulting posts by MGD and the OP both. What it all boils down to us what I've already said about him leaving.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Contributor

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Longshot270
Well before ya go, you should try putting a brushed steel background in place of the black on your sig. I like the new one but IMO that would look really cool.

I like that idea, but no sorry fellers I'm not gonna quit the forum, I"m just not gonna post up like I used to

BUT I'll pretty much limit myself to this one and another thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Screw up your F150forum.com gem...

I started doing the acetone thing. I put 2-3 oz of pure acetone per full tank. This is all monitored with a Scangauge II. Around town, which for me is stop and go Philly suburb traffic I get currently 9.5 +/- mpg W/O acetone. When I add a few ounces I get consistently 11.3 +/- mpg with the same around town driving.
On the highway if I switch to current MPG's on the Scangauge using acetone I'm averaging 16 mpg's, 14.5 avg with out.
I have yet to drive all highway with acetone. So I cant really say what only my highway MPG's are with acetone.
There is also a difference in acceleration using acetone. Better acceleration.

BUT....I do notice a difference using acetone. In the morning when I first get going the truck has a little bit of a rough idle but as the truck reaches temp it smoothes out.

So basically comes down to I'm getting 1.5 +/- mpg around town driving using acetone than w/o.

40 extra miles per tank, I'll take my chances using acetone.

Not much more to say...

Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Another Screw up your F150forum.com gem...

Not much more to say...
That's not even the scary part of that thread...

There is too much reliance on computer averages (that are not accurate) and the mindset to remove your spare tire to get more miles per tank. That would be one of the last things I remove!

I like the similar threads part down at the bottom, you see a list of Gas mileage, gas mileage?, gas mileage...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have to rely on the lie-o-meter - they aren't capable of calculating MPG.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Longshot270
That's not even the scary part of that thread...

There is too much reliance on computer averages (that are not accurate) and the mindset to remove your spare tire to get more miles per tank. That would be one of the last things I remove!

I like the similar threads part down at the bottom, you see a list of Gas mileage, gas mileage?, gas mileage...
I dont have a spare. Its hard to fit a 37" spare under the truck.

Quick Reply: The Thread Crapping Thread